HHN 2015: This Is The End 3D

Grindhousehero13

hopefully this means the line won't go through the middle of the lower lot on packed.

im sure the entrance will be where it has the past three years and just have the queue go around the maze. They could have the exit go where the line entrance is. 

^That makes sense. I wonder if the exit will be in the back or if the maze is returning to it's U-turn roots?

FUN FACT: The Behind the Mummy queue is now the park's location with the most HHN history.

IMO, it has housed the absolute best HHN maze (TCM: BIB) and the absolute worst (Clowns 3D). Hopefully this can at least land somewhere in the middle.

Edited by DTH316

Thinking about it, I'm fine that they wanna' branch out and do a horror comedy maze. Orlando has done some pretty fun ones so there's nothing wrong with that.

The issue I have is this is the same park which cancelled Bill and Ted over a joke. An' considering TitE get's pretty racey/edgy, what's gonna' happen if/when someone throws another hissy fit over a obscene joke/gag/prop etc? Are they gonna' straight up neuter the maze or shut it down like B&T? Truth be told, if the B&T incident never happened, I'd actually be pretty fine with this. But what happened, happened. An' that's causing some serious doubts for something like this.

An' for a more minor issue, I could do without the 3D. I really don't see how that could add to it, not to mention Orlando has shown you can do a nice horror comedy maze without 3D. (Leave it to Cleaver, H.R. Bloodngutz, Giggles & Gore Inc. etc.)

• Like 1

I'm fine with horror-comedy, as well, but this is just such an odd choice to start with. Shaun of the Dead would've been perfect, is more beloved, and an in-house property.  Do they not count the UMR trilogy as horror-comedy mazes? Or Chucky's Funhouse? Because those definitely made me laugh.

• Like 1

I'm having difficulty processing the idea of a TITE house.

The humor houses in Orlando have historically been terrific: Zombiegeddon, Leave it to Cleaver, Home for the Holidays, H.R. BloodnGutz.  The only one I really didn't care for that much was Penn & Teller - because I thought the 3D detracted from the house.  The resulting house reminded me a lot of Knott's so-so Terrorvision house.

But those were all original content houses, and with the exception of Zombiegeddon they had a reasonably high gore factor.  I have not seen the TITE movie, and don't plan to before going through the house (so at least it's original content to me).  I tried that with Insidious and Dracula Untold, and the result was an unintelligible mess for someone unfamiliar with the franchise.  

I would disagree that HHN Hollywood has not done humor based houses before, as Clowns 3D had a number of cartoonish comedic gore moments.  

The GP seems to be eating this up, and if Murdy had announced an original content house based on the end of the world, I'm sure the GP would not have been as excited (but we would have been).

Because this is an IP house and I assume will have cameos from the stars, I would expect us to see a LOT of video screens.  

So I will remain cautiously optimistic.  Set my expectations WAY low and see how it goes.

Looks like all the leaks for both coasts are proving to be 100% accurate.

• Like 1

I'm having difficulty processing the idea of a TITE house.

The humor houses in Orlando have historically been terrific: Zombiegeddon, Leave it to Cleaver, Home for the Holidays, H.R. BloodnGutz.  The only one I really didn't care for that much was Penn & Teller - because I thought the 3D detracted from the house.  The resulting house reminded me a lot of Knott's so-so Terrorvision house.

But those were all original content houses, and with the exception of Zombiegeddon they had a reasonably high gore factor.  I have not seen the TITE movie, and don't plan to before going through the house (so at least it's original content to me).  I tried that with Insidious and Dracula Untold, and the result was an unintelligible mess for someone unfamiliar with the franchise.  

I would disagree that HHN Hollywood has not done humor based houses before, as Clowns 3D had a number of cartoonish comedic gore moments.  

The GP seems to be eating this up, and if Murdy had announced an original content house based on the end of the world, I'm sure the GP would not have been as excited (but we would have been).

Because this is an IP house and I assume will have cameos from the stars, I would expect us to see a LOT of video screens.  

So I will remain cautiously optimistic.  Set my expectations WAY low and see how it goes.

Looks like all the leaks for both coasts are proving to be 100% accurate.

What about that maze with the Treaks & Foons?

Sorry for double post, but if they do put the pines demon they could remove the pines as a joke to how in the movie the blue rapture light cut it off when Seth Rogen was saved.

well John did say that they found a way around it so maybe that's the case. I just don't want to see any penises. I wouldn't get offended but someone would and then shit hits the fan. 

• Like 1

Someone's gonna get offended by something this year. Guaranteed.

they need some type of disclaimer. You know. On signs all outside the park that warn people of the mature content. Oh wait! They don't work. 

For real they should put a sign outside of TITE saying its a COMEDY/horror maze and there will be jokes that some consider offensive. If you don't want to be offended, turn back now. 

They actually need to play the mature content warning up a ton this year to avoid any 2013/14 incidents. 

• Like 1

I hope it's just a giant censored bar dangling.

If you seen the film when Seth Rogen was about to be eaten by the demon a blue light grabs him damaging the demon's horn, and cutting off its Pine in the process. So the demon appearing in the maze without it is a reference joke to the scene.

• Like 1