HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of Stupid surveys, they should take groups of us into the Horror make-up theater and have like an open forum on what we want to see lol, but doubt we'll ever get anything close to that.

Man I would PAY to be able to do that! I don't know how they would choose but certain members, 18 or older, and a small fee sounds good to me... hopefully I would be one of them... :P

Edited by JWFearman

Well well hearing people talk to A&D after LT you can hear people sharing there fav HHN moments.

They do listen to are feedback, if it wasnt for us we wouldnt have the site we have today.. It could just be a basic site about the house names as well tickets sale tab. But TJ and his crew know we grave the site, so they try to think of new stuff each yr to out due themselves.

The site is a 365 day project for them when you think about it.

I just read this on Screamscape.com today...

Some early rumors about what we may be able to expect from HHN 20 are already starting to roll in… and the good news is that it doesn’t look like this will be another all movie themed maze year. If the rumors are true HHN 20 could actually be a big celebration of all things HHN from years past. We’re talking bringing back the top attractions, scare zones and shows from the previous 19 years. Even better… they may up the ante this year and offer a record setting 10 mazes. More when we find out.

What does everyone think of this?

Some early rumors about what we may be able to expect from HHN 20 are already starting to roll in… and the good news is that it doesn’t look like this will be another all movie themed maze year. If the rumors are true HHN 20 could actually be a big celebration of all things HHN from years past. We’re talking bringing back the top attractions, scare zones and shows from the previous 19 years. Even better… they may up the ante this year and offer a record setting 10 mazes. More when we find out.

It's just lance reading the forums again. nothing new that we already didn't know :)

Sad thing that was taken at HOS, where he used to work.

I wouldnt look to much into the rumor about them remodeling the roofs, it could be HHN releted but then again it might not. We are now in Haunt Season, so rumors will start coming out like crazy, some might be BS but some others might not be far off from the truth.

I can vouch for those rumors, considering he got them from me (http://hhnrumors.com) I made a site for this year that way people wont get my stuff confused with jared's.

I enjoy reading all the speculation every year, but as with the past 19 events, I won't believe a word of what I hear until I step through the gates on opening night... ;)

It's neat to find out hints here and there of what we are possibly going to experience, but for me, being the HHN purist I am, I really do enjoy waiting to see it all on opening night. That's like Christmas morning for me!

This year I don't think any of us would be surprised if the event is a combination of all things HHN from the past 19 years, it would be amazing to see some of our old favorites come to life again! (**HINT** Midway of the Bizarre in Amity with TONS of fog **Hint**) :D

Yesterday Chad aka Outkastz posted on his HHNRumors.com site that Universal renewed its trademark of Festival of the Dead on January 6, 2010.

The trademark was renewed by Universal in California, however.

Of course, Universal's corporate HQ is in California, but this makes me wonder if the parade coming back this year? Could it feasibly be held here in Florida with all the technical and logistical problems of crowd control especially if there will be queue lines for 10 houses and 10 scarezones in operation?

Or does this mean the parade will debut at Hollywood's event?

Or will the name Festival of the Dead be used for a house, scarezone or even a new show in homage the the old parade?

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

I really dont think we are getting a parade... it would be a nightmare (no pun inteded). It would have work a few yrs ago but remember the parade would have to go 2 house lines.. also I cant see them making the SZ smaller for the solo reason we bitch in 07 and in 08 (as well 09) they got better in terms of details.

If the parade does come back it will be interesting is all I gotta say.

This website makes me feel good it shows that there are people who care about horror and gore as much as I do I personally believe that each icon will make an apperance due to the fact that that 20 years is a big achievent reflections of the past might be a clue into what we might see

The thoughts of the parade returning make me giddy as a kid on Christmas morning, but alas, unless they do a two park event (which is always an option of sorts) I think it would be a logistical nightmare of sorts at the studios...however IF they create a parade route that won't interfere with the way they have the queue lines, which technically is possible.

Let's face it, the queue lines are typically much longer than necessary...think of Wolfman last year, good Lord you had to drop bread crumbs some nights to find your way from the very beginning of the queue to where the line began.

Like Jimmy said, there are many possibilities as to why the Festival of the Dead moniker has been resurrected, but as an old school HHN fan, I can only hope it means a parade! ;) (And yes, I know it's a far fetched idea, but a girl can dream can't she? The thoughts of getting a parade and perhaps an original Midway of the Bizarre back all in one year is more than I can handle...LOL)

I was never a huge fan of the parade, or the Midway of the Bizarre, for that matter. That's not to say that they were without merit, I just never thought they were all that original. I can't be too judgmental, though, as I didn't see each year's iteration. I'm left with only a year or so on which to base my opinion.

Having said that, though, I'd love for both of them to return if only to cut queue line times.

I'll admit, I was a little bummed when I heard that the re-roofing wouldn't be happening on the roof of the old Murder She Wrote building/Monster Cafe. I always thought that was a good location for a house, just because it kept things a little more centrally located.

Leave it to cleaver....in my opinion was one of the best houses I laughed the entire time and would want to see the meetz family return this year

I have to agree that was one of my favorite houses to this past year! I think because it was gory, but still had that dark twisted humor to lighten it up a bit. The "Meetz" family certainly was dysfunctional, but we loved 'em! :D

It would be very cool to see that house return in a sequel of sorts this year to commemorate last year's event in the overview.

I have to agree that was one of my favorite houses to this past year! I think because it was gory, but still had that dark twisted humor to lighten it up a bit. The "Meetz" family certainly was dysfunctional, but we loved 'em! :D

It would be very cool to see that house return in a sequel of sorts this year to commemorate last year's event in the overview.

thank you the end was hilarious....ironically enough i never screamed at all. i wanted to be scared but wasn't, it was funny though seeing other people scream....also was i the only one that thought that they should have sold the masks that they used i know that i would have bought one

Edited by dante

So this was posted at "the place not to be named" ... and it is as perplexing as it is intriguing.

scn2010-00226.jpg

I checked it it is a legitamate Work Order.

It shows the date as being added at 1/27/2010 and it refrences the orginal creatures...

But Creatures, as a full-blown house, makes no sense this year.

So what does it mean?

Are they just modifying old records so that we cannot see the names/codenames for the houses?.. or is it something entirely different?