HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

I'm new to the site and I would just like to say that I am so glad to see serious and careful speculation going on.

Really is nice to see. There's no spamming, bumping, trolling, n00bing, newbing or flaming - which is such a relief - keep it up friends!

As for my own speculation, I would imagine that USF probably wouldn't have a 2 park HHN just because of the recession.

Many thanks then,

Dan.

Edited by DanHHN3333

Well then, welcome to HHN Dan! I hope you have fun here!

As for speculation, I just hope they don't do a house per icon year with a scene from each house of the year (ex: HHN18; House includes a scene from Scary Tales III, then a scene from Interstellar Terror, etc). I like JWFearman's idea, and others I've heard here, but not with the multiple house scene's in a house. It wouldn't do it for me. Multi-scened houses like ANDI and Silver Screams are okay, but they don't flow well to me, or at least as well as others. Know what I mean? I don't remember where I heard the idea, but it's just something I thought I'd bring up.

Also, I'd just like to say that Silver Screams was still an amazing house, and I never experienced ANDI. I was simply using examples. :P

Edited by Sweeneys Emo Kid Megz

Well then, welcome to HHN Dan! I hope you have fun here!

As for speculation, I just hope they don't do a house per icon year with a scene from each house of the year (ex: HHN18; House includes a scene from Scary Tales III, then a scene from Interstellar Terror, etc). I like JWFearman's idea, and others I've heard here, but not with the multiple house scene's in a house. It wouldn't do it for me. Multi-scened houses like ANDI and Silver Screams are okay, but they don't flow well to me, or at least as well as others. Know what I mean? I don't remember where I heard the idea, but it's just something I thought I'd bring up.

Also, I'd just like to say that Silver Screams was still an amazing house, and I never experienced ANDI. I was simply using examples. :P

I agree with this totally. Those houses just don't gel!

This then leaves you with story houses or movie houses - both having a developing story as you walk through.

All the houses in HHN19 were story/movie houses, except for Silver Screams - and it was Silver Screams which got the most mixed reviews.

The positive thing about the multi-room houses is the fact that they try to cater for all fans and all tastes of horror.

Changing the speculation somewhat - lets face it Uni always do excellent houses and they learn their lesson on scarezones from 2007 - so what I would like them to give some consideration to is some kick-ass shows, attractions, merchandise and a really wicked exhibition. TJ if you reading this - please take note! :)

I agree with this totally. Those houses just don't gel!

This then leaves you with story houses or movie houses - both having a developing story as you walk through.

All the houses in HHN19 were story/movie houses, except for Silver Screams - and it was Silver Screams which got the most mixed reviews.

The positive thing about the multi-room houses is the fact that they try to cater for all fans and all tastes of horror.

Changing the speculation somewhat - lets face it Uni always do excellent houses and they learn their lesson on scarezones from 2007 - so what I would like them to give some consideration to is some kick-ass shows, attractions, merchandise and a really wicked exhibition. TJ if you reading this - please take note! :)

Welcome to the HNN family Dan, wonderful to have you aboard! :D

And I agree with you and Megz, those types of houses just don't gel right with me either. While it's neat to try and capture multiple concepts into one house and like Dan said cater to all the fans, for me it's really disconnected to a certain point. I enjoy following the storyline in the houses, it's intereseting to see the vingettes and how the story plays out and ultimately what the wow factor will be for the ending. I will be curious to see if they do a multi-room house in honor of the past 20 years...if it's to celebrate each icon or theme, that would be something I think we'd all appreciate! :D

1 & 2: 2 x soundstages

3 & 4: 2 x tents

5: Float storage hanger

6: World expo hanger

7: Disaster Queue building

8: Jaws building

9: Hercules building (needs rehab)

Scraping the barrel now...

10: Nazaarmans building (not starbucks half) and Sting alley

11: Stage 54 storage area, next to interactive Donkey

12: Brown Derby and neighboring storage units

How about this one for you kids :) lets think of "10" places where they could do Houses. (Studios only)

All possible locations that could be used.

2 in SS #20

1 in SS #22

2 in SS #23

2 in SS #24

1 in Nazaarman's w/ Sting Alley

1 in Disaster Queue

1 in JAWS Queue

2 in Sprung Tents

2 in Parade Building

1 in Herc/Xena if it ever gets redone.

That's 15 total just in that list. Even if you take away the unknown's, SS #24 (2), Herc/Xena (1), and half the Parade Building (1), that leaves us with 11 locations, take out Naz's (1) and you have your 10 locations for HHN 20.

All possible locations that could be used.

2 in SS #20

1 in SS #22

2 in SS #23

2 in SS #24

1 in Nazaarman's w/ Sting Alley

1 in Disaster Queue

1 in JAWS Queue

2 in Sprung Tents

2 in Parade Building

1 in Herc/Xena if it ever gets redone.

That's 15 total just in that list. Even if you take away the unknown's, SS #24 (2), Herc/Xena (1), and half the Parade Building (1), that leaves us with 11 locations, take out Naz's (1) and you have your 10 locations for HHN 20.

Honesty I don't think they could have that many in the SS's cause they have all that Queueing to do. Unless they do the Queue SS again.

Don't worry Dr. From what I've heard, if rumors serve me right, it'll be to your liking. ;)

As far as soundstages go, aren't those things like, HUGE?! I mean, I've seen them. I'm pretty sure they can squeeze up to four house or more in them. Two in each that is. Have some faith you guys! :D

Edited by Dinah

Nearly every HHN in the last 5 years has had productions of various movies on-going during HHN. For example there was a TV show shooting last year, Ace Ventura 3 the year before, Final Destination 4, Bring It On 3 or 4 or whoever cares the year before that - my point being, what with the economy being screwed and that new noisy HRRR ride just outside - maybe this year there wont be any movie productions onsite - and if this is true, that means there would be at least another one soundstage free. I have always thought that the SSs make the best houses.

Does anyone know if any straight to DVD or straight to trash movies are being shot this year in Oct at the studios?

If anyone says Bring It On 5 - I swear I will headbutt the keyboard!

For everyone wanting to know about possible Sound Stage and Queue Line locations, I created this map. It's Universal's Sound Stage layout overlayed onto the satellite image along with a list of Houses that have been in the Sound Stages in recent years. The only House I didn't include was "Where Evil Hides (2005)" which was in Sound Stage 18, which we know can't be used anymore due to it housing the Blue Man Group now.

The Queue Lines consist of areas used recently and in previous years.

uni_ss-hnn.jpg

Thanks mz_! That's quite impressive. That's what I meant earlier by the sound stages being huge. I see that in the same years like 2007, 2006, per three sound stage, at least two houses were inside. So if there are three sound stages, that means two houses per sound stage, which means six houses in all. So then it would leave Disaster's area, Jaws, and then the warehouse and prop houses? I don't know what they're called. They were used for Silver Screams and Chucky. We have ten houses right there, but how are they to route the queue lines, is the question.

I don't know how true this is, but my boyfriend said he has a friend in school doing an internship for Marketing at Universal and they said they weren't doing the Rocky Horror Picture Show this year or Bill & Ted. He could just be husslin' me. :P I don't believe they would do that, but it's debatable.

...and then the warehouse and prop houses? I don't know what they're called. They were used for Silver Screams and Chucky.

I don't know how true this is, but my boyfriend said he has a friend in school doing an internship for Marketing at Universal and they said they weren't doing the Rocky Horror Picture Show this year or Bill & Ted. He could just be husslin' me. :P I don't believe they would do that, but it's debatable.

Well you have the parade float/warehouse building that has housed Scary Tales 3 (08) and Silver Screams (09). You then have the sprung tents, which held this past year Chucky and The Spawning.

I have heard from a few people that the rights to Rocky Horror were bought for only 3 years, which would have made this past year the final year. I don't know if they intend to buy the rights again or if this is even true.

I don't think you all are understanding my real question lol, Yes i know u can tech fit like 7 billion houses in the SS but is there gonna be enough room for 4 or 5 houses worth of Queuing you think. I mean wolfman alone took up the whole front stage plus the hallway next to it.and Frankenstein and Dracula took the right whole part of the SS complex. So what im thinking is that they will need to use a sound-stage alone for the extra Queue if they do more then 3 houses in the Soundstages. Any thoughts?

I don't think you all are understanding my real question lol, Yes i know u can tech fit like 7 billion houses in the SS but is there gonna be enough room for 4 or 5 houses worth of Queuing you think. I mean wolfman alone took up the whole front stage plus the hallway next to it.and Frankenstein and Dracula took the right whole part of the SS complex. So what im thinking is that they will need to use a sound-stage alone for the extra Queue if they do more then 3 houses in the Soundstages. Any thoughts?

If you look at the picture closely, you'll see there is plenty of areas for queue lines. They got the side of the SS's and the back of the SS's to setup a long queue line. They could even extend into the old Field of Screams path if needed. With Universal even thinking about 10 houses, I'm sure they have the queue issues all figured out.

IMO, I still rather have only 8 Houses though, unless they have a LARGE budget for this year.

I must have missed this part, but why are we thinking that there will 10 houses this year?

It comes from the surveys and rumors. Some are saying 10 Houses and 10 Scare Zones (20).

Let's start some Show speculation here. The rumor last year for RHPS was that it was on it's last year of a 3 year deal, so it should be gone this year unless they renew it.

Now some are saying that B&T will be gone this year, which I doubt right now as it has been part of HHN since 1992. So to not have it be part of the 20th Anniversary would be a shame!, if there are plans to get rid of B&T, I say start something new for HHN 21.

I also hope for some sort of Main Stage show, either on the Bowl Stage or the Temporary Stage. A "History of HHN" 360 show would be great also to break up the crowd and lines a little.

It comes from the surveys and rumors. Some are saying 10 Houses and 10 Scare Zones (20).

Let's start some Show speculation here. The rumor last year for RHPS was that it was on it's last year of a 3 year deal, so it should be gone this year unless they renew it.

Now some are saying that B&T will be gone this year, which I doubt right now as it has been part of HHN since 1992. So to not have it be part of the 20th Anniversary would be a shame!, if there are plans to get rid of B&T, I say start something new for HHN 21.

I also hope for some sort of Main Stage show, either on the Bowl Stage or the Temporary Stage. A "History of HHN" 360 show would be great also to break up the crowd and lines a little.

Ah, well I need to go find and take that survey then.

The only reason I see them not bringing back RHPS is because of cost (either cost of putting it on or cost to potentially renew the rights).

To not have B&T for the 20th year (especially if its an anniversary) would be... illogical. But at the same time, I want them to start something new. I know I'm in the minority here in saying this, but I don't like the B&T shows.

Again, with it being an anniversary year, I see some sort of Main Stage show (in the vein of the 16 Arrival Show), introducing the icons and giving a history of HHN. The Bowl stage would be an awesome place for it but it would create too much of a cluster fuck with the SS queue lines. This could even be the reason for not bringing back RHPS.