HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

Very cool concept! your very good.

Thank you I'm toying with trying my hand as a miniature. In fact I was going to start tonight... but feeling kind of... eh

Which do you think it is?

I would love if it was all connected but at the same time Occam's Razor says it just props being reused.

I agree Occam's Razor would lend itself towards the latter... But it's fun to try and find connections... Who knows? If it's an interesting idea... they may incorporate it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the tree from Poltergeist gives me nightmares still...

OH! and I completely forgot... but something else to possibly add to the tree-sting-m theory deal...

First off... the body collectors are at both HHN 2008 and 2005. BUT I was watching my 2008 house walkthrough of BCCOTP... and if you start watching at about 1:54 - 1:58... the Gentleman at the top of the stairs is holding a Terra Throne Blade.Now this simply could be a reusing of props... OR it could be a symbol of the multidimensional(5th dimension) aspect of the tree.

I love the idea of the multidimensional tree, as if it is the source of all evil and has intertwined throughout the years, but very few people have noticed it. (Like you have!)

And that tree from "Poltergeist"...creepy with a capital "C". That film made me dislike large trees and small stuffed clowns for a very long time.

BTW...I'm LOVING the concept art for the entrance, it looks fantastic!!! ;)

Last Wednesday Chad said in reply to a comment on his rumor site that he was able to get last year's code words for the HHN houses on May 1st 2009, thus we had hoped to hear what this year's code words were sometime this week.

Today however Chad posted that we got those code words last year on the 18th. I suppose he must have typed quickly the first time? Or perhaps answered while impaired? (he has been known to do that sometimes)

So then, if this year's schedule follows last year's we will finally get the new code words for the new houses sometime next week, maybe around Tuesday or Wednesday? Then we will be able to speculate just what they mean.

I imagine that they will be even more obscure and difficult to decipher this year than they were last time! Wouldn't it be amusing if Charles has guessed correctly and they all are types of trees? Imagine the wild guesses "Elm", "Oak" or God help us, "Ash" would spark?

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

I imagine that they will be even more obscure and difficult to decipher this year than they were last time! Wouldn't it be amusing if Charles has guessed correctly and they all are types of trees? Imagine the wild guesses "Elm", "Oak" or God help us, "Ash" would spark?

Where does "Oak" come in?

Please note that we have a thread for anything pertaining to HHN & LT Website Updates and that thread can be found HERE Furthermore please keep the discussion here pertaining to HHN20 and the Event itself. If you have any questions please speak with a moderator or Admin.

Thanks.

Now back to talking about trees :)

I was bored and began reading back on all the years, and noticed two things which im sure most of you all already know but im sure some people didnt relise it or just looked over it... so the two things were 1. The box Jack was in was a "wooden box" and 2. The Terra Throne was a twisted tree forged of blood and steel by the hard workers of the Cemetery Mines who are in Gorewood Forest, im sure die hards such as yourselves have already read this, just thought id post it here, i'll post more if i find more..

I notice that Mae's "I NEED A FIX!!!!" post has been rightfully deleted. Nevertheless I feel compelled to answer her.

Please be patient my dear, we are all jonseing for some HHN XX info just now, but as has been pointed out, the lovely Martha O. Haynie, Orange County Comptroller has issued the work permit so that house construction can now begin!

This means that at any moment now we will soon see the individual building permits and finally learn the super-secret code words that will allow rampant speculation to begin on this thread!

While we all quiver with anticipation I must ask you to please refrain from any further silly, spammy, dare I say "Vaultish" posts.

For example, please do not under any circumstances post anything ridiculous like this:

While looking at the HHN 19: Ripped from the Silver Screen website, I noticed that when the Wolfman's claws rip the screen, the resulting tear is shaped exactly like the nation of Australia! This must be a clue about HHN XX! Obviously the new Icon for the event will be an Evil Kangaroo like the one that appeared in the classic film Welcome to Woop Woop!!!!

All that Shadows of the Past stuff must have been a Red Herring! HHN XX will actually be called The Nightmare Down Under!

Well a wee bit more digging.

I did find a permit for a "Project Earthquake"

Which is in PZ #73 (not I'm remembering if this is the queue).

Print Plans receipt.

Case number SCN2010-00130

I don't know if any of these are related to HHN but...

I also see a lot of reference to "Project Strong Arm" Anyone know what that is all about?

(I'm assuming it has something to do with HP)

there is a mel's diner Plan (SCN2010-00232)

A "Project Simpson's"

But then for some reson the site died and I couldn't look up anything else <_<

Edited by JWFearman

Well a wee bit more digging.

I did find a permit for a "Project Earthquake"

Which is in PZ #73 (not I'm remembering if this is the queue).

Print Plans receipt.

Case number SCN2010-00130

I don't know if any of these are related to HHN but...

I also see a lot of reference to "Project Strong Arm" Anyone know what that is all about?

(I'm assuming it has something to do with HP)

there is a mel's diner Plan (SCN2010-00232)

A "Project Simpson's"

But then for some reson the site died and I couldn't look up anything else <_<

Don't know about the others, but wasn't "Strongarm" a reference to the Kuka arms that are used in FJ?

IM NOT SURE WHAT fj IS BUT IF YOURE TALKING ABOUT HARRY POTTER I BELIEVE caps lol sorry... i believe the strong arm is what operates the castle ride the seats sit in the "strongarm" machinery

\FJ is for Harry Potter. It is Harry potter and The Forbidden Journey.

...there is a mel's diner Plan (SCN2010-00232)

A "Project Simpson's"

A Simpson's project in the Mel's Diner area? This is probably just an addition of the Simpson's characters to theme-up the area and tie it in to the attraction.

But, what if it is HHN related? Will we actually see a Treehouse of Horror after all? In the Skoolhouse location perhaps?

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

A Simpson's project in the Mel's Diner area? This is probably just an addition of the Simpson's characters to theme-up the area and tie it in to the attraction.

But, what if it is HHN related? Will we actually see a Treehouse of Horror after all? In the Skoolhouse location perhaps?

Sorry for my short hand :)

there are two seperate cases. the "USF MEL'S DINER BLD 86" project Case #: SCN2010-00232

and a project called "Simpsons Project" Case #: SCN2010-00255

Also (now that the site is working again)

USF ROOFTOP PYRO INSTALLATION

I don't know if any of this has anything to do with HHN... my guess is probably not. While the EARTHQUAKE one could have been... We would also see soundstages and parade building permits as well.

Edited by JWFearman

Sorry for my short hand :)

there are two seperate cases. the "USF MEL'S DINER BLD 86" project Case #: SCN2010-00232

and a project called "Simpsons Project" Case #: SCN2010-00255

Also (now that the site is working again)

USF ROOFTOP PYRO INSTALLATION

I don't know if any of this has anything to do with HHN... my guess is probably not. While the EARTHQUAKE one could have been... We would also see soundstages and parade building permits as well.

Well that clears that up at least.

Actually, none of these so far are likely to involve HHN. Regardless of how clever the code-names will be in obscuring the actual theme of the houses, they still must accurately describe the work to be done. Therefore they will clearly state they are for a temporary structure to be built for a special event. And may even name that event as HHN, which I believe they did last year even with the code-names.