Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2015 Event Discussion

I mean from a design stand point, the 3D usage and colors don't represent the film at all. And the creature that's not even in the movie is overly used at least 2 or 3 times already within the first few hallways, in places that don't make much sense with the film.

I mean, I hated the idea of it being a maze at HHN (I totally wouldn't care if it were at Knotts), but if they're gonna do it, might as well do it right.

I seriously hope they step up their game by Opening Weekend.

Hello, all! Active member of the Orlando forum here, and I just had to make a statement about HHN Hollywood 2015. While I've never been to HHN Hollywood, it has always been a hope of mine to make it out there this year. Your 2015 lineup is amazing. Halloween looks great, AVP will be sick as always, and Crimson Peak looks terrifying!

The one thing I felt obligated to say was that I cannot BELIEVE the quality of This is the End. From the walk through video I saw, the majority  of the house is blank black walls with 3D Graffiti sloppily painted on. It doesn't fit the style of the movie and, at least to me, looks almost like a home haunt. I can't say anything for sure, as I have not seen it in person, but from what I have seen, it looks pretty bad. John Murdy seems like an awesome creative director and I find it hard to believe how jarringly he dropped the ball on this one.

Opening night, that's the deadline. Sure you can't completely judge based on the EP night, but saying to wait a few weekends before judgment is not acceptable. 99% of people attending opening weekend are only going to the event that one time, so everything needs to be AS INTENDED by the time the first person walks into the park for early entry on September 18th. They won't get a second chance to judge, that will be their one and only time, and if they walk away from this year saying "this year sucked," then their opinion is going to be completely valid and hold up because they saw the INTENDED product. Yes, things will improve and will get better as things go along, but one can rightfully judge once opening night begins from their one trip. Once opening night hits, anything good or bad is now apart of the event's history and Murdy/Universal has to answer for it.

Not everyone can be like me and can judge the year as a whole from 2 - 3 visits. But real judgment begins this Friday, so be ready, because any criticisms starting from that point on are valid.

Everything set wise, maze wise, and creative wise should be done by opening weekend. There isn't really an excuse to not have everything finished by the opening of the event. I also agree with you that not everyone can go twice and they will base there judgement on one trip whether its opening night or the last night. Everything you said is totally true, I meant my statement more on a performer side. They don't give us many chances or time to be in a position and be amazing in our spot. Its just deep end first and learn how to swim before you drown. Maybe Universal doesn't have the time or resources to give us more of an opportunity to rehearse. This doesn't go for everyone though, some pick it up and run with it. Like I have been hearing about Insidious just outright killing it

Does anyone know if universal has a parking pass? I have the 12 night pass and to be paying parking every night I go is going to kill my wallet

Not that I have been able to find. I know there is a special pass for people who live within a certain radius of Universal City and it is a punch card type thing with 12 free parking passes. If you live close enough you might be able to apply for one, but it gets sent in the mail and I'm not sure if it will get to you in time.

Hello, all! Active member of the Orlando forum here, and I just had to make a statement about HHN Hollywood 2015. While I've never been to HHN Hollywood, it has always been a hope of mine to make it out there this year. Your 2015 lineup is amazing. Halloween looks great, AVP will be sick as always, and Crimson Peak looks terrifying!

Hidden Content

The maze Tite is still unfinished and lots of the key elements are not installed yet. I hope that they fix their Sh*t by opening night

• Like 1

The maze Tite is still unfinished and lots of the key elements are not installed yet. I hope that they fix their Sh*t by opening night

Yeah, specifically John actually commented on that himself but we're waiting on Michael Cera and his lightpole, The Crashing RV, windows are missing in some scenes, lighting touchups, posters, and UV paint on the facade. Scareactors are missing some curtains in certain scenes, the fog machines are yet to be installed. The entire maze was mean't to be fog heavy, hence the lack of detail in the hallways specifically. And lastly, the Jonah Hill in the beginning is not working yet. Quite a bit of work to be done. lol Again things are bound to get better. Insidious is supposed to have fog throughout the entire further sections I hear and that was absent.

Edited by XD005
  • Like 3

why is it the same few creatures over and over again in TITE. The house portions don't really look like a house either idk. The parts after that were pretty cool though. 

Boy they really did a great job acknowledging HHN's ten year anniversary. :rolleyes:

to be fair, Murdy said multiple times that they weren't. You can't really be surprised. It's not like there's much to be celebrated anyways.

Edited by Ridesandstuff

to be fair, Murdy said multiple times that they weren't. You can't really be surprised. It's not like there's much to be celebrated anyways.

I don't know, a La Llorona/El Cucuy/WTMN/Dark Christimas/Welcome to Hell/Deadwood/Hellbilly Hoedown/Klownz/Freakz/Toyz mash up maze would be epic as FUUUUUUU%#!

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 3

When I see the few glimpses of Florida's HHN and then look at ours. I feel like Soliare frustrated at Mozart in the last scene from Amadeus.

*Start at 1:05

"I speak for you John Murdy. I speak for ALL of the mediocrities in the world!"

*Gets wheeled into HHN past the general public*

"Mediocrity is everywhere!"

*Points at guests who run to Despicable Me first because they're too scared*

"I absolve you!"

*Points at guest who went to HHN just for Jabawockeez*

"I absolve you!"

*Points at guest saying how TITE was da best maze eva*

"I absolve you!"

*Points at guest saying how he wants TWD back every year or he won't go*

"I absolve you!"

*Points at guest buying all of the crap merch*

"I absolve you!"

*Points at the over-used static Walker hoard*

"I absolve you!"

• Like 3

Wow.  TITE looks so awful in that video.  Let's assume 50% of props and 75% of scareactors were missing.  I still have no idea what the hell it's supposed to be.  What could they possibly add in the way of scares?  So tired of sloppy 3D houses.

Seriously hoping that "This is the End" is in some way alluding to Mr. Murdy's tenure as creative for HHN.  This event is in dire need of a new creative force.

Wow.  TITE looks so awful in that video.  Let's assume 50% of props and 75% of scareactors were missing.  I still have no idea what the hell it's supposed to be.  What could they possibly add in the way of scares?  So tired of sloppy 3D houses.

Seriously hoping that "This is the End" is in some way alluding to Mr. Murdy's tenure as creative for HHN.  This event is in dire need of a new creative force.

yeah and hopefully not just one guy either and let it be a team like orlando

MAJOR QUESTION!

Where does the line for This Is The End start? By the escalators or by Transformers?

I also need to know where the exit is. By the escalators or by Transformers?

I know the ENTRANCE is by Transformers, but I'm trying to make a good game plan without having to walk all over the lower lot back and forth.

(EDIT: I watched that video and fast forwarded to the end, and the exit is definitely by The Mummy. Which means unless you do TITE first, you're definitely going to be doing some walking back and forth. Dang it. Still trying to figure out where the line begins though.)

Edited by DTH316

I know as much as you but logically id think the line starts in the same place as the past few years. That seems most logical in terms of queue space. Plus if the entrance for the trams to the backlot are the same as the first time, it'd be too much to have the entrance for the Shuttle, Transformers, TITE and TWD in one small little area. Hope this helps, but of course, it's not 100%