HHN 2015: Insidious: Return to the Further

hhnfanforever

This was a phenomenal Maze a few years ago, hopefully it can get to the same level. I thought the third movie was actually very scary, so this has some unfair high expectations in my eyes. Probably low on my must-see list, but definitely looking forward to going back into the Further.

I feel like they're going to use different scenes from the first 2 this time though, based on what he's saying. And I think majority of it will be #3

which is why I said slightly a repeat. I'm really excited to have scenes from 1 and 2 back. Scariest maze I've been through at HHN and I'd love to see those characters again. And I'm more excited to see what scenes from 3 they use. This is gonna kick ass!

This is one of the ones I'm neither anticipating or feel angry it's at the event. I didn't think "Into the Further" was as good or scary as most of you say it was but I did have fun with the third film although it wasn't really good so as long as I have fun with this maze it's good by my part.

• Like 1

I feel like the original incarnation was completely overrated. The fog effects never worked and they never put a ceiling in the "house" rooms, ruining the illusion of actually being there. I'll give this a chance. If they want to make this good, they need to get the fog effects to work. 

• Like 2

I feel like the original incarnation was completely overrated. The fog effects never worked and they never put a ceiling in the "house" rooms, ruining the illusion of actually being there. I'll give this a chance. If they want to make this good, they need to get the fog effects to work. 

Fun fact: You never see the ceiling in the movie either. (;

• Like 2

I went the last night that year and the fog was working pretty well and I don't think any of the mazes really had a roof I rarely look directly up. The only two mazes I ever actually been scared in was this and TCM Back In Business. 

anyways

Return to Darth Maul jokes muahahah. 

I  really like the 3rd movie so I'm glad it's the focus. Wonder if this is the prize maze again.

Considering that the set design was fairly minimal, it was one of the most intense mazes I have encountered.  The cast provided aggressive scares.

Need to see Insidious 3 soon; it is only playing in one theater in the Phoenix area.:zombie_attack:

• Like 1

The man that can't breathe was awesome in Chapter 3, so I'm really excited to see the new environments and characters from that movie. Ch.2 was really interesting with how it tied to Ch.1, but Ch.3 better jump scares so I'm curious to see how different this maze will be, and if it'll be as good as the original maze. 2013's maze was one of my favorite mazes of all time, so I'm hyped. 

Edited by Arsik_22
  • Like 1

I'm very interested in how this turns out, into the further is my favorite maze since attending in 2011. Aside from the man who cannot breathe, there was nothing in the third film from what I remember, that would be a very good addition to the original house, so it's not surprising the further is being expanded. My only concern is it might ruin the original , but I doubt that would happen.

Also, how does fog effects not working make something overrated, that only makes certain rooms more atmospheric. But you hate everything don't you freak

I'll gladly give this another chance. I don't think its as great as a lot of you make it out to be, but I'm willing to give this another shot. They're starting to build this early so running out of time shouldn't be an issue here. I'm expecting this to be far better and more immersive than the original version. 

• Like 1

I just tried watching the third movie, but I gave up half way through. It was just so boring to me... At least, before even entering the further, there were still a few scenes I could see working for the maze.

I've become so damn picky with movies, though. I hate like 90% of the ones I watch. Lol.

Just a little fyi: they'd be required by law to install overhead sprinklers if they added a ceiling to mazes. I'm not a construction expert, but I'm sure that would cost too much for just slightly elevated feeling of immersion. Ceilings would be nice, but I don't really have a difficult time with suspending my disbelief. 

I'm also super pumped to see another insidious maze. I really hope they put in the hospital from chapter 2... for no reason other than me wanting to see an abandoned hospital.. lol. It's not a bad way to connect chapter 3 and the man who can't breathe with his mask and hospital gown.