HHN Hollywood 2015 Audition and Discussion

Did you see the one about the special role in a video for a specific veteran? Curious.

Yeah I did. I'm sure it's going to be one of the vets he uses all the time. Maybe it'll be similar to the terror tram they did with a bunch of movie trailers with scare actors in then

So nervous for tommorow. Couple questions for those who have auditioned before. Is it true that they won't pick you if you wear glasses? Heard this awhile back. Don't know what to expect. Any other tips besides the ones that murdy posted would be extremely appreciated. Also I heard that they ask if you've handled a chainsaw before. Should I say yes even if I used one years ago?

Edited by RandomHHNGuy

So nervous for tommorow. Couple questions for those who have auditioned before. Is it true that they won't pick you if you wear glasses? Heard this awhile back. Don't know what to expect. Any other tips besides the ones that murdy posted would be extremely appreciated. Also I heard that they ask if you've handled a chainsaw before. Should I say yes even if I used one years ago?

I wouldn't necessarily say they won't pick you. You fill out a form that asks if you're able to not wear glasses if you need them or something like that. I can't remember if you fill that out before or after you make it passed the first round, but regardless, the judges won't see that until way later. I'd say if you're worried about it, take them off if you can without running into other people. If not, just wear them. I've seen scareactors wear their glasses over a prosthetic. I also heard that people with no chainsaw experience say they have it, so go for it. :P

And Freak, I'mma post Tuesday night so you have no advantage. >:D

Auditions this year will be held at the Universal Hilton on July 6, 7, 8. If you can't make it to any of these dates or decide that you want to try later, they (usually) hold a second round of auditions closer to the start of HHN. Those dates will come later. Must be at least 18 to audition!

You can sign up HERE and you should follow @USHAuditions and @HorrorNights on Twitter.  

This will be my fourth year, so I'll try to help anyone out to the best of my ability.

I signed up for Tuesday but it's iffy due to issue with my car that popped up yesterday, I'm around a little over 6' foot and really broad shouldered (basically perfect size to play Jason.) From what I've heard I'm unless there are big characters (Jason, Michael, ect.) I would be Chainsaw Brigade...any truth to this? Also, any tips or tricks using my height to my advantage? I mean with my height it's easy to be menacing haha.  

I can't imagine the actual process being different for tall people (then again, I'm the complete opposite).

I can only think to really show you can control your body by not hitting anyone, yet still going wild would help your chances, if anything. You'll be writing down your height multiple times, so they'll know.

As for actual scaring, height helps a lot. D: I tend to only go for short people. :D At least when trying to surprise from behind (That's what she said).

Also, good luck everyone.

• Like 2

Just be ready to do whatever they ask you to do the best you can. Go over the top and throw yourself to the floor (if its required), scream, growl, snarl, use different levels. Try to have a few different options on what to do so if someone takes your idea before you, you can be different and stand out not blend in with the crowd. Other than that just have fun and live it up!

I signed up for Tuesday but it's iffy due to issue with my car that popped up yesterday, I'm around a little over 6' foot and really broad shouldered (basically perfect size to play Jason.) From what I've heard I'm unless there are big characters (Jason, Michael, ect.) I would be Chainsaw Brigade...any truth to this? Also, any tips or tricks using my height to my advantage? I mean with my height it's easy to be menacing haha.  

Brigade tend to be bigger guys but its full of all shapes and sizes. It depends, on part, how well you can handle and operate a saw. Size isn't the only determining factor.

Edited by dustblackangel
  • Like 1

I just got out of my audition and I got my golden ticket!

The audition is basically what people here have already described. Everyone scares together to about 40 seconds of music. Then all the newbies go one by one and die by a method of their choice. This time they specifically said that you should not repeat someone else's method of dying so make sure you have options!

Don't hold back, try to stand out, follow directions!

Edited by veektohrr
  • Like 1

I just got back from my audition. They took in about 20-25 for my group. Also I made it through again this year! Hopefully I'll get cast this time around.

If anyone was in the 3:20 slot and saw the guy shoot himself with an arrow, that was me.

any details on what new stuff they had you do, or is it the same as it has been? 

Sorry you didn't make it. D:

There were a lot of rehires today. My group was like 20 rehires and 5 new people. Some girl slammed her head really hard on the ground during her death scene; she carried on and Idk if she got the ticket or not, but I just thought I'd say that.

Last year, the music section had a build up that lasted like 10 seconds and the music went on for like 50. This year, it's the opposite, and kind of annoying. They said to stalk your prey until the bass drops, I crossed the entire room slowly stalking my prey and then had to turn around before the bass dropped. ):

But I got a ticket.

Last year, the music section had a build up that lasted like 10 seconds and the music went on for like 50. This year, it's the opposite, and kind of annoying. They said to stalk your prey until the bass drops, I crossed the entire room slowly stalking my prey and then had to turn around before the bass dropped. ):

But I got a ticket.

Forreal tho! They said wait until the drop to go crazy and I was stalling my stalking thinking "When's the drop? Was that the drop?? Nooo. Oh THERE'S the drop"