HHN Hollywood 2015 Audition and Discussion

Auditions this year will be held at the Universal Hilton on July 6, 7, 8. If you can't make it to any of these dates or decide that you want to try later, they (usually) hold a second round of auditions closer to the start of HHN. Those dates will come later. Must be at least 18 to audition!

You can sign up HERE and you should follow @USHAuditions and @HorrorNights on Twitter.  

This will be my fourth year, so I'll try to help anyone out to the best of my ability.

Edited by kingundisputed_

Okay, I'm auditioning July 7th! Nervous and excited!

For those who have been selected, do they have a second round of auditions you have to go to? Also, what can I expect?

Congrats! That's probably a good day for a first timer bc all of the vets usually go on the first day, which makes it harder for new people.

There's no second round, so this is the time to give it your all. Expect to be waiting for a while, depending on what time you're going to be there. The biggest thing I can say is that this is not the time to be afraid. Give it everything, follow the rules, and be as high-energy as possible.  

I'm going on July 6th.

Hoping to get it for my third year 'cause I'm going to a University next year, so I won't be doing this anymore. :D

I'll be there on the 6th as well. It's going to be rough for me because I broke my ankle six weeks ago. The cast is coming off this week, but I still can't move so well. Ho hum.

Okay, I'm auditioning July 7th! Nervous and excited!

For those who have been selected, do they have a second round of auditions you have to go to? Also, what can I expect?

That's awesome!! Good luck when you audition. Like king said, most of the veterans will go the first day of auditions, I'm going the 6th, you will be in a group audition so try to do something different than the others as to not blend in with the crowd. And remember, if you're worried about looking silly or being embarrassed, everyone else is performing just like you will be so don't worry. Also wear loose fitting clothes and closed toe shoes. No costumes or makeup either

Here's my experiences: I joined pool (two weeks after the event started) in 2013. I had to pretend to kill someone as music got more intense without hitting anyone else in the room (very important). I then had to pretend to die (alone, we all go one at a time) as realistically as possible, by showing it, not saying it. I then had to scream as loud as I could. And then end it with why I wanted to work there in 15 seconds or less.

In 2014, in a regular audition; I had to pretend to transform into a monster as the music got more intense and then pretend to kill people without hitting anyone else in the room (while everyone else was doing the same). That was it. 'Cause I was a rehire. Everyone else had to pretend to die again, one at a time, as realistically as possible, and this would be your only chance to show how loud you were. That was the whole audition.

And to emphasize again, do NOT hold back. This is the one situation where acting exaggerated and as loud as possible is DESIRED and failing to do so will actually make people look at you more embarrassingly than if you don't (or didn't, I can't think about grammar properly right now).

Since you're going on the first day, you might have to try a bit harder to stand out since most veterans go that day too. Other than that, what Kursed said. Don't hold anything back because it won't help you at all. Look outlandish and weird is setting a high standard. You want to be the one who stands out (in a good way; don't be the guy from my audition in 2012 who pulled a knife).

• Like 1

Thanks Kursed! I'm actually getting more excited now. Another question...I know a headshot and resume is preffered, but is there anyone who didn't send one and got in? Just wondering.

That's guys! Gonna try my very best and hopefully make it! Would love to work at HHN! Grocery store clerk by day monster by night ;)

I also work in a grocery store. Getting the time off to do this should be interesting...

Thanks Kursed! I'm actually getting more excited now. Another question...I know a headshot and resume is preffered, but is there anyone who didn't send one and got in? Just wondering.

I also work in a grocery store. Getting the time off to do this should be interesting...

I don't think not having a headshot really affects your chances. I didn't have a headshot or resume and i got in.

Im just gonna ask for morning shifts at my store and if they can't work with that....*Waves Hand Good bye*

Well, in the union I'm under, they have to give me 24 hours a week. I will be having four media classes during the Fall semester. I'm going to have to take a leave of absence during the twoish months. No way I can juggle working and scaring THEN classes. I'm really uneasy about getting the leave haha