HHN Hollywood 2015 Audition and Discussion

Orlando and Hollywood operate differently. I've always seen that Orlando does their casting much faster than we do, so yes, it's normal. Hollywood taking a long time is also normal. The emails will show up, sooner or later. From what I heard, they're having some administrative delays. 

Edited by kingundisputed_

Understandable. Reading through it seems Hollywood really does do it differently. Your auditions seem like so much fun in comparison to just stating your favorite horror movie!..

Good luck everyone! 

I was a scareactor in Orlando last year and decided to audition in Hollywood this year since I recently moved to LA. I can definitely tell you it was a much more immersive audition, and I felt like I actually did something to get that golden ticket :) Last year in FL we simply just said our favorite scary movies and I found out the next day I was going to be a reserve. The anticipation is definitely killer here though! Keeping my fingers crossed for a scarezone :D

Does anyone know generally how they cast that stuff out? In FL it seemed pretty random, but since everything's so different here I wondered if they save certain things for returning scareactors or something..

I want to know this as well. As well as which is better being cast in a house or in a scarezone. 

Sorry for my noob questions. I joined this site to learn a lot about how things work and get pumped up with the speculation v. official announcements when they come in.

Does anyone know generally how they cast that stuff out? In FL it seemed pretty random, but since everything's so different here I wondered if they save certain things for returning scareactors or something..

I want to know this as well. As well as which is better being cast in a house or in a scarezone. 

Sorry for my noob questions. I joined this site to learn a lot about how things work and get pumped up with the speculation v. official announcements when they come in.

If you're put in a spot it's most likely because you fit the look they wanted for the character. You could've been put in that role because of your hair, or body type, or you look like a character face wise. Some vets have returning roles they will play because it was either designed specifically for them or they just perform so well in it.

As far as streets or maze go it's all personal preference. Each have their positives and negatives while working them. Some people prefer mazes, some prefer streets (like me) but some people don't prefer one or the other.  You might be cast in a maze and love it and never want to do streets or vice versa. 

Streets is usually 45 minutes on, 45 minutes off. Generally, tall people love streets. Though not everyone who's tall enjoys it.

Maze depends on the role, I've been unlucky enough to get hour on 30 off every role I get. But some are 30 on 30 off. Hour on, Hour off. It varies.

I prefer a maze, just because there's some point where I can take a break if I need to for a minute to breath, while on streets there's always people. I'm also short.

Edited by Kurseddragon