HHN Hollywood 2015 Audition and Discussion

It bears repeating: if you haven't gotten an email yet, don't panic. There are plenty more yet to come. If you aren't cast before HHN begins, you may still be called in during the event. I know because that's what happened to me during my second year. Last year, my third year, I was literally the last person to receive my email, which didn't come until late August. The waiting game sucks, but all you can really do is be patient. 

Edited by kingundisputed_

It bears repeating: if you haven't gotten an email yet, don't panic. There are plenty more yet to come. If you aren't cast before HHN begins, you may still be called in during the event. I know because that's what happened to me during my second year. Last year, my third year, I was literally the last person to receive my email, which didn't come until late August. The waiting game sucks, but all you can really do is be patient. 

Very good point. I literally worked the last 4 days of HHN last year, thinking I didn't make it in... As long as HHN is running and your haven't gotten a rejection, its still possible.

Jesus, there goes my hopes of getting a seasonal job. How did you guys die in your auditions?

I pulled out a (invisible) bow and arrow, shot it at the right side of the room, looked back at the two guys judging, then did a double take as I looked back at the arrow. I watched as it flew around the room until it was heading back for me. I panicked as the arrow I shot struck me in the gut and took me back to the floor. Then I squirmed and screamed a little as I tried to pull it out. It finally popped out and I passed out, dying frm the blood loss.

I wanted it to be slightly comedic, unique and very physical to show good body control as well as acting ability,

• Like 1

This probably isn't the best place to ask this, but whatever. Have any veterans ever had an issue with changing your availability after being hired or know if it's an issue? This is the first year I won't be fully available because of school, but I didn't know that until last week and said I was fully available at auditions. I'm a little worried that they'll rescind my hiring offer.

I also have a quick question. I filled out paperwork today and received a link to the new hire portal. There's a bunch of links to forms and stuff there. Am I supposed to fill them out and email them? It didn't say anything about it in the email they sent me, just to view them.

I also have a quick question. I filled out paperwork today and received a link to the new hire portal. There's a bunch of links to forms and stuff there. Am I supposed to fill them out and email them? It didn't say anything about it in the email they sent me, just to view them.

if you already filled out the paperwork they sent you in the previous email, then no. They just send this new hire one out as an ~official~ thing.

Thanks for the response. Also something I just remembered; last year I saw a scarer or two in the Purge zone with kneepads and steel toed shoes. Does universal use sliders at all? I've never actually seen anybody slide there before.

they used too before they became too expensive or it was a liability but some guys in that street wanted to slide so they did but officially Universal doesn't have sliders 

King if you tell your supervisors right away then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I've had people in my areas before who have work conflicts and were just upfront about it and it didn't appear to be an issue.

Edited by dustblackangel

they used too before they became too expensive or it was a liability but some guys in that street wanted to slide so they did but officially Universal doesn't have sliders 

King if you tell your supervisors right away then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I've had people in my areas before who have work conflicts and were just upfront about it and it didn't appear to be an issue.

i sent an email to the address on the little paper they gave us at paperwork today. Waiting with baited breath for a response. I'm only unavailable on Thursdays and (if our schedule is anything like it has been for the last couple of years) that should only be two days out of the run, so hopefully it'll be okay. 

Thanks for the response. Also something I just remembered; last year I saw a scarer or two in the Purge zone with kneepads and steel toed shoes. Does universal use sliders at all? I've never actually seen anybody slide there before.

yeah people slide. When the auctioneer was removed last year the night before closing there was a huge swarm around there and a couple of guys were sliding and doing cool tricks. Sliding is so much fun if guys wanna do it they should at their own risk. 

I'm really getting antsy waiting! Anyone hear anything recently?

There is some administrative backups right now which are keeping a decent amount of casting emails to not even be sent out yet. That is also bringing everything else email wise to a standstill for those who have already received their casting emails

• Like 1

There is some administrative backups right now which are keeping a decent amount of casting emails to not even be sent out yet. That is also bringing everything else email wise to a standstill for those who have already received their casting emails

This makes me feel a lot better! When I called to check and make sure they got my online application last week, they told me they did the first round wednesday, and were doing another round friday. They anticipated doing 2 rounds early this week as well, but I haven't heard of anyone getting an email this week so I wasn't sure if that held up. Thanks for sharing that info :)

This makes me feel a lot better! When I called to check and make sure they got my online application last week, they told me they did the first round wednesday, and were doing another round friday. They anticipated doing 2 rounds early this week as well, but I haven't heard of anyone getting an email this week so I wasn't sure if that held up. Thanks for sharing that info :)

Ok great! That's good information as well because I have a few friends in the same situation as you. I'm glad I could help.