HHN Hollywood 2015 Audition and Discussion

Just got some paperwork and was reading it over, I was wondering how strict they are about wearing a dress shirt and nice pants for orientation?

they are much less strict with HHN in regards to dress code for these types of things. Orientation, rehearsals, scare academy is all pretty lax. Just don't wear anything offensive and what not. It is a job. I usually just wear a printed shirt and some pants with shoes. Basically what Kursed said.

Edited by dustblackangel
  • Like 1

Some more casting emails and rejection emails are supposadly coming out during the next few days but I'm not 100% sure. This is the worse part ahah. The waiting game

I haven't gotten anything either. Im hoping to come back for my 2nd year lol. Scariest part of HHN is waiting for those emails lol.

I haven't gotten anything either. Im hoping to come back for my 2nd year lol. Scariest part of HHN is waiting for those emails lol.

I think the rehire and current employee emails will be going out even later due to that administrative delay. You wait and wait and wait for the email and before you know it the event is over

I think the rehire and current employee emails will be going out even later due to that administrative delay. You wait and wait and wait for the email and before you know it the event is over

Oh jeeze. Seems like theyd be first. I imagine its easier to rehire. On the plus side, it does help you learn patience

Hi everyone! I'm new as well and I auditioned on the Wed July 8 and still no email :/ I really thought they were doing it in order because I noticed that the people that got the emails were the ones that auditioned on the 6th. I'm sorry I'm super confused that's all. 

Edited by Cawiii

Hi everyone! I'm new as well and I auditioned on the Wed July 8 and still no email :/ I really thought they were doing it in order because I noticed that the people that got the emails were the ones that auditioned on the 6th. I'm sorry I'm super confused that's all. 

I auditioned on Wednesday the 8th too and noticed the exact same thing with the people who auditioned on Monday! ha. maybe they go by days. I'm hoping that's the case!

Sorry, but it's not in order by audition day. I don't know how they decide who to email first, but only one full batch has gone out so far (mostly rehires with some first years), with a couple sporadically sent here and there. As has been mentioned before, there have been administrative issues in regards to emails being sent out this year and there are still a lot of emails to be sent. As long as you don't get the rejection email, don't worry. No news is good news, for now.

• Like 1

I wouldn't really recommend it tbh. They get a lot of phone calls because everyone is thinking the same thing you are. I've been in the same position you're in and I know it sucks, but being patient is really the best thing you can do. 

Edited by kingundisputed_

Is it okay to call the staff if you they received my application or not ? You know just to be sure?

Last year I unfortunately had to wait a really long time to hear back from then. I was one of the select few who was neither cast nor denied so I had to wait until late September to hear back. I was as patient as I could be, and finally gave in during the last week of August and sent the staffing department an email asking what happened to my application. What they said to me is probably what they would say to you. Something along the lines of: 'If you have not heard back from us, it means you are still under consideration. We have received your application and reviewed it and have yet to make a decision, but will come too one in the coming weeks.' More or less. So basically don't worry if you don't hear back, some people aren't hired until after the event starts. But if you are still really concerned, I'd wait until late August or September, after all the acceptance and deny emails go out, to contact them. Good luck.

Edit: sorry horrornightsfan13, don't know why it quoted you.

Edited by LetsMakeBiskuts

Has anyone else already done paperwork and received the emails for OTJ paperwork? I was scheduled this past Friday to submit beginning paperwork and now I'm waiting for costuming to email for Fittings and Orientation/Scare Academy. Excited to be back first year back to HHN since 2011 as a scareactor

I already went in to fill out paperwork last Monday and am waiting on costume and orientation scheduling. They told me, for people who already did paperwork, scheduling emails should go out sometime this next week. But if there is an administrative hold up, it could be delayed.