HHN Hollywood 2015 Audition and Discussion

It would be super cool to be planted in the audience and be pulled out and taken to the auction. I'm hoping for either that, or to be one of the rich 1% people at the auction.

I got to be an auction victim last year and it was one of the best nights of my life. No joke.

They said they have over 100 people in the pool this year, so I'm sure they're going to have a lot of people on reserve and bring them in later. That probably all depends on whether people drop or what happens during the event.

Is 100 people in the pool a lot? And does that mean all 100 of those people already know they're in the pool? Waiting sucks :( I'm a returning scareactor from USF and I was feeling so confident about it but this has really been a bummer. 

I got to be an auction victim last year and it was one of the best nights of my life. No joke.

Is 100 people in the pool a lot? And does that mean all 100 of those people already know they're in the pool? Waiting sucks :( I'm a returning scareactor from USF and I was feeling so confident about it but this has really been a bummer. 

Yeah, it's probably double the amount of previous years, plus it's usually filled with new people that joined late, or others who end up dropping their role for whatever reason. This time, it's starting with rehires and I think new people, but rehires specifically so that when spots have to be filled, it's not filled by someone who barely knows what they're doing every time.

Yeah, it's probably double the amount of previous years, plus it's usually filled with new people that joined late, or others who end up dropping their role for whatever reason. This time, it's starting with rehires and I think new people, but rehires specifically so that when spots have to be filled, it's not filled by someone who barely knows what they're doing every time.

Thanks for explaining that to me! So if there are already 100 people in the pool, would that mean my chances of getting to be in the pool are pretty slim since I haven't heard anything?

Thanks for explaining that to me! So if there are already 100 people in the pool, would that mean my chances of getting to be in the pool are pretty slim since I haven't heard anything?

there's always a possibility that you can get into pool with that large of a cast but what will most likely happen is you'll get an email as people drop and more are needed 

• Like 1

I'm assuming at Orlando? What happened and what was it like? 

Yeah in Orlando! We'd run around the scare zone getting chased occasionally by purgers, then we'd wait for a signal and go hide. They'd chase us out of our hiding spots with chainsaws when the crowd formed, capture us and throw us into the truck. Then we rode around the street for a minute, got carried/dragged out and taken to the top of the bus where we got auctioned off. Once they brought us back down, we'd always escape and run for our lives. SO MUCH FUN and such an adrenaline rush!!!

there's always a possibility that you can get into pool with that large of a cast but what will most likely happen is you'll get an email as people drop and more are needed 

very interesting how they do it here! I was reserve last year which sounds similar but they hired a TON of reserves and we were almost always used every night. I don't want to buy a ticket to HHN if there's a chance I'll get to work, but I also don't want to miss out on it completely! Struggles.

• Like 2

Yeah in Orlando! We'd run around the scare zone getting chased occasionally by purgers, then we'd wait for a signal and go hide. They'd chase us out of our hiding spots with chainsaws when the crowd formed, capture us and throw us into the truck. Then we rode around the street for a minute, got carried/dragged out and taken to the top of the bus where we got auctioned off. Once they brought us back down, we'd always escape and run for our lives. SO MUCH FUN and such an adrenaline rush!!!

I doubt they'd do all that for the terror tram, but that sounds insanely cool to be a part of that.

• Like 1

very interesting how they do it here! I was reserve last year which sounds similar but they hired a TON of reserves and we were almost always used every night. I don't want to buy a ticket to HHN if there's a chance I'll get to work, but I also don't want to miss out on it completely! Struggles.

I would say wait just to be safe since tickets won't sell out for the entire event super quickly, at least last year they didn't. Tickets sold out about a week-ish before the weekend you wanted to go. I know they use everyone in the pool that's been cast there but I think they keep people as backup for when scareactors leave instead of holding another audition so quickly. I could be totally wrong about all this though

• Like 1

I would say wait just to be safe since tickets won't sell out for the entire event super quickly, at least last year they didn't. Tickets sold out about a week-ish before the weekend you wanted to go. I know they use everyone in the pool that's been cast there but I think they keep people as backup for when scareactors leave instead of holding another audition so quickly. I could be totally wrong about all this though

Thanks for that info! Its Friday now and I haven't gotten any sort of status update, but my gut is telling me I probably won't hear anything until after the event starts. I don't like holding out for hope that people will quit, but I guess that's all I can really do at this point. When do they typically do another audition? After they've used the backfill people?

• Like 1

Thanks for that info! Its Friday now and I haven't gotten any sort of status update, but my gut is telling me I probably won't hear anything until after the event starts. I don't like holding out for hope that people will quit, but I guess that's all I can really do at this point. When do they typically do another audition? After they've used the backfill people?

Yeah it sucks to wait but that's all there really is at this moment. Auditions are held usually after the event starts and they need more people for the event. I would assume its after everyone they can use has been used

• Like 1

So I had my orientation today. Found out that I have "been temporarily placed" in pool.

Guess they are anticipating drops this year. Who else is going to scare academy on the 28th?

EDIT: Didn't see the other posts, given statistics of last year, it seems thats happened with a lot of people.

Edited by XD005

I heard that they may be sending out an email to everyone who is still waiting in regards to what comes next for you guys. Otherwise, yeah you're going to have to wait.

I also heard last Monday that they'd be sending out an update to everyone still waiting before the end of the week, but I never got anything, so I'm hoping that's good news.

• Like 1

I also heard last Monday that they'd be sending out an update to everyone still waiting before the end of the week, but I never got anything, so I'm hoping that's good news.

Yep, still no word yet. Either way, I can't wait for HHN. I would love to be able to work the event but even if I don't get hired, I'm still looking forward to attending as many times as possible this year.

• Like 1

Bleh so I checked in with casting to see if they still expected to put people into the pool, and they emailed me back saying all castings have gone out and then said this

"It is likely that although the casting directors liked your performance, there was no role they could fit you into. Thank you for your time and interest"

So looks like there's my answer... kinda seems like maybe they won't be sending any sort of notification this year.. :(

I can only afford to come one night but I'm excited to see what you guys have been working on!

Edited by ldh5086

I heard auditions will go out again in mid September for those who didn't have the chance to audition in the summer. I didn't get cast this year, however, I decided to apply to be a maze host and I got the job. I'm excited to work for the terror tram this year! It's something then nothing is how I see it :)

I heard auditions will go out again in mid September for those who didn't have the chance to audition in the summer. I didn't get cast this year, however, I decided to apply to be a maze host and I got the job. I'm excited to work for the terror tram this year! It's something then nothing is how I see it :)

Sorry about that. But hey! I'm going to be placed near the beginning of the terror tram so there's a chance we could see each other.