HHN 25 Discussion

The traditional icon year was the back story around them, plus their own house and advertisement. Based upon what there have said. 

So Jacks face being on a billboard (and in commercials) He has little vector art shapes of his face on HHN's site and his face is on the passholder booklet and likely the maps too. He has his own show AND house doesn't count as a traditional icon year? He does have his backstory but they haven't really gone into detail (yet) about what the new continued part of the story might be. But maybe by time the gates open it could all very well be explained then; his story.

I have a feeling people are wanting the whole event laid out to them start to finish through advertising etc. rather than actually going to the event and experiencing it unfold.

Expecting to know everything about the event before it starts is like looking at the back of a novel and reading the spoilers and calling it a day. 

Edited by MissBA
  • Like 5

My guess... return of Old Smokey (even though it has been around since), the last hallway in Run:HT and Eddie chasing his victims, or Midway of the Bizarre.

Well... Smokey was first used in Hellgate.

And what I've heard is actually more obvious than anything guessed so far. 2004 is special because it was the only... Let's say... Complete year of this particular distraction.

• Like 2

Well... Smokey was first used in Hellgate.

And what I've heard is actually more obvious than anything guessed so far. 2004 is special because it was the only... Let's say... Complete year of this particular distraction.

Bungee Scareactors? ...11 years ago is hard to remember but I feel like there were a lot of them that year. I think I'm more confused than before.

Well, 2004 was the last year they did IoA. No chance of that happening again this year but a part of me wishes they would go back to the two park model if only just to give people more places to spread out too. Looking at Wiki for the 2004 event, 18 rides were open during peak nights along with having 7 houses! 

I think we all agree that the event is getting out of hand in terms of crowds and wait times. Assuming they learned from the mistakes of the past and put in enough stuff into both parks, I think they can pull it off. This year is 9 houses and 5 Scarezones. Next year they could pull off 10 or 11 houses and 6 or 7 scarezones if they used both parks.Plus, next year IoA is getting a massive new ride and a MAJOR overhaul to a popular ride that's great at night. 

Back to this year though, I am not sure. A parade like 2004 would not work. The event has gotten WAY to big to allow that to happen. My only guess would be something like the "riot room" in Hellgate Prison that had multiple paths and people would get split up and sent different ways. I would like them to bring back stuff in the lagoon area. All the "fog" and water projections would be fun to see at night but that didn't happen in 2004 so that's not it either. 

I think you're forgetting 2005 was the last year they did it at IOA. I know because it's the first year I ever went. They had one bungee actor in the house where evil hides and for me the best houses that year where The Skool, Where Evil Hides (had an upstairs) Demon Cantina and Bodycollectors.

what ride is getting major overhaul next year?

Edited by ItsMeBilly

I think you're forgetting 2005 was the last year they did it at IOA. I know because it's the first year I ever went. They had one bungee actor in the house where evil hides and for me the best houses that year where The Skool, Where Evil Hides (had an upstairs) Demon Cantina and Bodycollectors.

whatbdides getting major overhaul next year?

hulk

Some houses have had them since at least 2002.

I'm hearing this year will be like 2004, in that EVERY house may have them.

Queue videos? Hey I can dream!

New video from Attractions Magazine. It seems that the HHN 25 Media Invited are finally arriving with some fun pictures on them including what looks like the entrance to Monsters & Mayhem as well as our first look at the new Chance!

Image1_4.png

Edited by Gambit
  • Like 9

The facade for M&M looks horrible.

The facade is very Jack. We've always entered through his mouth into his houses, if memory serves. 

Glad to finally see Chance. It's nice to see her back to her original hair color, and I can't wait to see how her costume has been updated. 

Little tidbit about the media gift. 

I've read the guy taking the selfies is named Hal. Wonder if that's an Easter egg for us fans...

2011 HHN "superfan" that "snuck" into Bloodengutz and took pics. Fortuna (LL) finally got him and took him into her service as one of her minions  

• Like 4

A bit off topic-ish and parden if I already missed this discussion in the 88 pages of discussion. 

But how does everyone feel about the new scaracter dining experience? Hit? Flop? A cool concept? Pricey? It sounds very interesting but I think I'll skip the first year bumps and glitches phase. Does anyone else plan to do this? If so I'd love to hear feedback after you experience it to see if it's worth it next year if they do it again.

Fuel up for the fear with the Halloween Horror Nights® Scareactor Dining Experience* on September 18-19 and 25-26. Enjoy an all-you-care-to-eat themed dinner buffet with a special menu that’s to die for, scareactor photo ops, a digital download of one (1) photo taken during the dining experience and more for $49.99 plus tax (all ages). Seating times include 4:30pm, 4:45pm, 5:00pm, 5:15pm or 5:30pm. 

This eerily exclusive dining experience is open to Annual Passholders with a Halloween Horror Nights ticket inclusion or separate event ticket, Halloween Horror Nights Add-On ticket holders or RIP Tour guests. 

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/scareactor-dining.html?__source=sm.awr.aa.cx.fj.es.:344

JACK PRESENTS: 25 YEARS OF MONSTERS & MAYHEM Relive the most terrifying moments of the past 25 years as Jack releases our catalogue of creatures in one maze. You’ll be attacked by Universal classic monsters, meatgrinding maniacs and the fiends of Horror Nights past. Entrance: Next to Universal Studios Store Location: Soundstage 21 • Exit: Music Plaza courtyard A

BODY COLLECTORS: RECOLLECTIONS The Body Collectors have returned, descending upon Shadybrook Asylum to collect the human parts they require. Screams echo the hallways as a blizzard rages outside while sharpened blades swirl inside. Entrance: Next to KidZone Stage Location: Soundstage 24 • Exit: by NY library façade B

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON Step into John Landis’ landmark 1981 horror classic. From the attack on the English moors to the bone-crunching transformation, it’s one of the most popular houses in Halloween Horror Nights® history. Entrance: Music Plaza courtyard Location: Soundstage 22 • Exit: Music Plaza courtyard C

RUN: BLOOD SWEAT AND FEARS You’ve just been selected as a contestant on RUN, a brutal TV show where everyday people are stalked by skilled assassins. Just remember: the more horrifying your death, the higher the ratings. Entrance: Near Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue Location: Disaster! queue • Exit: Across from MIB Gear D

HAUNTED HOUSES INSIDIOUS Enter “The Further” and travel through all three parts of the Insidious saga. Denizens of the afterlife try to find their way back into the world using the living to guide them. The house isn’t haunted - we are. Entrance: Near MIB restrooms Location: Backstage Tent 2 • Exit: Across from MIB Gear F

THE PURGE This year’s Purge is more brutal than ever. From the moment you step inside the house, dozens of vicious vigilantes will descend upon you as the exercise their right to purge. Entrance: Next to Animal Actors on Location Location: Backstage Tent 1 • Exit: Across from MIB Gear G

THE WALKING DEAD: THE LIVING AND THE DEAD From the burnt ashes of Terminus, through the flooded community food pantry basement, and into the darkened churchyard, hordes of walkers surround you as you relive gut-wrenching moments of the most recent season. Entrance: Next to KidZone Stage Location: B-79 • Exit: Across from MIB Gear H

FREDDY VS. JASON™ From the cursed Camp Crystal Lake to the nightmarish 1428 Elm Street, awake or asleep, you’ll find yourself caught in the middle of this epic battle–where the winner’s reward is YOU. Entrance: Twister queue Location: Soundstage 24 • Exit: by NY library façade E

ASYLUM IN WONDERLAND 3D Follow the white rabbit through the looking glass and into a murderous 3D Wonderland. Is this world all in Alice’s mind or are the images we see real enough to kill us? Entrance: Next to Mel’s Die-In Location: B-40 • Exit: opposite Donkey’s Photo Finish

• Like 2

Some random things to note about locations: 

• Jack and AWIL should be switched. That's just weird placement.
  • Damn the Hollywood / CP area is gonna be cramped.
  • Whoever made that initial map was doing some copy paste, because I don't think Body Collectors line will start at KidZone and I don't think RUN will come out at MIB.
Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 1

So Jacks face being on a billboard (and in commercials) He has little vector art shapes of his face on HHN's site and his face is on the passholder booklet and likely the maps too. He has his own show AND house doesn't count as a traditional icon year? He does have his backstory but they haven't really gone into detail (yet) about what the new continued part of the story might be. But maybe by time the gates open it could all very well be explained then; his story.

I have a feeling people are wanting the whole event laid out to them start to finish through advertising etc. rather than actually going to the event and experiencing it unfold.

Expecting to know everything about the event before it starts is like looking at the back of a novel and reading the spoilers and calling it a day. 

that theres was meant to be Others, sorry. 

Not my words just more of what I gathered from other people saying. 

JACK PRESENTS: 25 YEARS OF MONSTERS & MAYHEM Relive the most terrifying moments of the past 25 years as Jack releases our catalogue of creatures in one maze. You’ll be attacked by Universal classic monsters, meatgrinding maniacs and the fiends of Horror Nights past. Entrance: Next to Universal Studios Store Location: Soundstage 21 • Exit: Music Plaza courtyard A

BODY COLLECTORS: RECOLLECTIONS The Body Collectors have returned, descending upon Shadybrook Asylum to collect the human parts they require. Screams echo the hallways as a blizzard rages outside while sharpened blades swirl inside. Entrance: Next to KidZone Stage Location: Soundstage 24 • Exit: by NY library façade B

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON Step into John Landis’ landmark 1981 horror classic. From the attack on the English moors to the bone-crunching transformation, it’s one of the most popular houses in Halloween Horror Nights® history. Entrance: Music Plaza courtyard Location: Soundstage 22 • Exit: Music Plaza courtyard C

RUN: BLOOD SWEAT AND FEARS You’ve just been selected as a contestant on RUN, a brutal TV show where everyday people are stalked by skilled assassins. Just remember: the more horrifying your death, the higher the ratings. Entrance: Near Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue Location: Disaster! queue • Exit: Across from MIB Gear D

HAUNTED HOUSES INSIDIOUS Enter “The Further” and travel through all three parts of the Insidious saga. Denizens of the afterlife try to find their way back into the world using the living to guide them. The house isn’t haunted - we are. Entrance: Near MIB restrooms Location: Backstage Tent 2 • Exit: Across from MIB Gear F

THE PURGE This year’s Purge is more brutal than ever. From the moment you step inside the house, dozens of vicious vigilantes will descend upon you as the exercise their right to purge. Entrance: Next to Animal Actors on Location Location: Backstage Tent 1 • Exit: Across from MIB Gear G

THE WALKING DEAD: THE LIVING AND THE DEAD From the burnt ashes of Terminus, through the flooded community food pantry basement, and into the darkened churchyard, hordes of walkers surround you as you relive gut-wrenching moments of the most recent season. Entrance: Next to KidZone Stage Location: B-79 • Exit: Across from MIB Gear H

FREDDY VS. JASON™ From the cursed Camp Crystal Lake to the nightmarish 1428 Elm Street, awake or asleep, you’ll find yourself caught in the middle of this epic battle–where the winner’s reward is YOU. Entrance: Twister queue Location: Soundstage 24 • Exit: by NY library façade E

ASYLUM IN WONDERLAND 3D Follow the white rabbit through the looking glass and into a murderous 3D Wonderland. Is this world all in Alice’s mind or are the images we see real enough to kill us? Entrance: Next to Mel’s Die-In Location: B-40 • Exit: opposite Donkey’s Photo Finish

Can you post the map?