HHN 25 Discussion

Which is the reason why I didn't go into the house last year, lol. It was my first year and I still am not a huge fan of horror but last year I had SO much fun! Skipped Halloween (kinda regret it now) and Giggles and Gore. This year I am forcing myself to go into each house. Don't want to look back months after and regret skipping a house. 

I almost did the same. But my friends forced me, and G&G became my number one favorite house, I did Halloween by myself and I almost died LOL.

Which is the reason why I didn't go into the house last year, lol. It was my first year and I still am not a huge fan of horror but last year I had SO much fun! Skipped Halloween (kinda regret it now) and Giggles and Gore. This year I am forcing myself to go into each house. Don't want to look back months after and regret skipping a house. 

G&G was my least favorite house last year. The cast I had wasn't really into their roles, the sets weren't noteworthy, and the hallways before the finale were lame. You missed out on Halloween though.

• Like 1

Posted some construction pics of Evil's Roots. A lot more went in today. Looking sufficiently creepy. :zombie2:

Surprised more has been going up. I thought they were in the process of removing things with the impending storming heading towards Florida.  

Either way, it looks awesome! Wonder what the zone will sound like. I loved the soundtrack in the Voodoo section last year so I have high hopes.

For the Scary Tales Scream Punk area, what iconic characters fit in that zone? I have never been into a house with the Scary Tales name, but I did some research and it seems like fairy tales, but then I read that Wizard of Oz was featured and I don't consider that a fairy tale. Then earlier tonight somebody mentioned Bell and Cinderella and I don't consider them fairy tales either. I guess they are, but to me stories like Hansel and Gretel, The Boy Who Cried Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood are better fairy tales. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a steam punk version of Bell getting chased by an evil steam punk Beast.

Surprised more has been going up. I thought they were in the process of removing things with the impending storming heading towards Florida.  

Either way, it looks awesome! Wonder what the zone will sound like. I loved the soundtrack in the Voodoo section last year so I have high hopes.

For the Scary Tales Scream Punk area, what iconic characters fit in that zone? I have never been into a house with the Scary Tales name, but I did some research and it seems like fairy tales, but then I read that Wizard of Oz was featured and I don't consider that a fairy tale. Then earlier tonight somebody mentioned Bell and Cinderella and I don't consider them fairy tales either. I guess they are, but to me stories like Hansel and Gretel, The Boy Who Cried Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood are better fairy tales. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a steam punk version of Bell getting chased by an evil steam punk Beast.

all of the above have been in the Scary Tales houses. Wizard of oz, Cinderella, red riding hood, hansel and gretel, the three little pigs (I think), and Alice In Wonderland (which has its own house this year). Some of those aren't fairy tales, yeah but it does include actual fairy tales too. Mostly all  type of stuff that would appear on the show Once Upon A Time, which was originally said to be fairy tales but includes other non fairy tales and even more of them as the series has went on. 

I wonder what the entrance will look like, I wish it looks like it did in 2007.
I wouldn't mind if they made it look exactly like it did for 2007. The inside of the park will be so amazing but I wonder what will go on the entrance (Will they even put a screen with videos? ) 

If I had to guess, I'd say:

TWD

Insidious

FvJ

The Purge

25: Monsters & Mayhem

Body Collectors

My rationale for the other 3 not being chosen are:

Run: Disaster queue house is rarely a part of the tours since it's all outdoors and it will still be fairly warm

AWIL: Was a part of the tour two years ago, no logical sense to include it again.

Alice: In the Shrek building, which is in use during the day, also 3D houses don't make for good lights on tours.

I hope you're wrong :)  I missed the AWIL year and am really hoping to see that house with the lights on and I LOVE the 3D houses as your pictures will still work with the glasses (to a limited degree as there's no black light shining on them),  The Penn & Teller house was awesome.  And yes, I'm THAT guy...who always loves the 3D houses.  Ha ha ha.  And while the one side will still be showing Shrek, I don't see how that could possibly impact the other side seeing as how it's unused.  Could be interesting walking through a haunted house hearing Shrek and Donkey yelling through the walls.

So, for the houses that have those Vortex Tunnel things (if any this year), do they offer a path around them? Those things make me super dizzy and I would hate to miss a house because of one of those tunnels.

Close your eyes, grab the railing, and walk.  Problem solved (and I've done that myself before).

So, for the houses that have those Vortex Tunnel things (if any this year), do they offer a path around them? Those things make me super dizzy and I would hate to miss a house because of one of those tunnels.

Nope they don't. But ny wife had vertigo and she does what oyster head said. Well she usually grabs on to me a closes her eyes. At times I close my eyes to. It's quick and simple.

So, 'bout that map...

Are we so sure that the entrance is at the right place for RUN? I know traditionally the Disaster house usually enters from Beetlejuice, but the photos we've seen have shown the RUN sign where traditionally the exit has been. It seems weird to me that they'd be placing it there if the purpose of this house is to hearken back to the old maze, and I have a feeling they're going to screw around with the layout this year to get things closer to how they were in 2001.

• Like 1

So, 'bout that map...

Are we so sure that the entrance is at the right place for RUN? I know traditionally the Disaster house usually enters from Beetlejuice, but the photos we've seen have shown the RUN sign where traditionally the exit has been. It seems weird to me that they'd be placing it there if the purpose of this house is to hearken back to the old maze, and I have a feeling they're going to screw around with the layout this year to get things closer to how they were in 2001.

From what I saw in the Disaster prop lot the entrance seems to be switched from pervious years, it also looks like the house may start outside in a fenced area. I'm going off what I saw over the backside of a skrim, so take my observation with the biggest grain of salt you can find.

• Like 2

From what I saw in the Disaster prop lot the entrance seems to be switched from pervious years, it also looks like the house may start outside in a fenced area. I'm going off what I saw over the backside of a skrim, so take my observation with the biggest grain of salt you can find.

Also, with Disaster being closed before the event starts, they can totally change around the queue layout for the ride if they wanted to use it as well. 

• Like 1

This is probably a stupid question, but for the passholder nghts do our guests have to be annual passholders too?

Nope, if they're not AP holders they have tents outside the arches to check in and then you get taken to a side entrance to get into the preview event. I recommend getting there AT 4 because that line and crowd gets loooong.

try to look down  to the floor and then grab the railing. (closing your eyes can be tricky since you could fall)