From Dusk 'Till Dawn

JDW

To be honest I've never heard of this series until the reveal. Because I know nothing about it I plan on having my sock scared off. Also the trailer said there would be snakes, why does it have to be snakes.

Snakes!!!!

I have zero fear of snakes (I use to breed corn snakes), but I think that is one element I'm really looking forward too!! I know a few people that will end up noping their way through any snake rooms.

As a side note, everytime I read "I haven't seen this series", I feel old.

I watched this movie as a teenager. It may be based on the "series", but it follows the movie and expands on it. I haven't seen the series either. I'm looking forward to it coming to Netflix!

I think the biggest problem I will have is certain characters are so associated with particular actors for me. They are the ones I picture when I think of the movie. (Juliette Lewis, Cheech, Danny Trejo, Tom Savini...)

I think the biggest problem I will have is certain characters are so associated with particular actors for me. They are the ones I picture when I think of the movie. (Juliette Lewis, Cheech, Danny Trejo, Tom Savini...)

That's the same problem that I had to begin with. But it only lasted a couple of episodes. Although, I found myself missing Tarentino most of the time...and Salma Hayack. ;)

Snakes!!!!

I have zero fear of snakes (I use to breed corn snakes), but I think that is one element I'm really looking forward too!! I know a few people that will end up noping their way through any snake rooms.

As a side note, everytime I read "I haven't seen this series", I feel old.

I watched this movie as a teenager. It may be based on the "series", but it follows the movie and expands on it. I haven't seen the series either. I'm looking forward to it coming to Netflix!

I saw the film in the theater!!!! My HS gf got so mad when my eye balls popped out of my head at Satanico....

• Like 1

Hey everyone, Ive been itching to post on this forum for forever and I finally made an account and it took forever for my account to get verified. Anyway, I can finally post here! Ive watched the show and am currently caught up so theres a few cool things I've noticed. Don't worry I'm not spoiling anything for the people that haven't seen it.

1. the vampires aren't really "Vampires" they're snake things LOL so i guess we may only have one VAMPIRE house this year after all

2. the show really expands on the movie (in some good ways and some bad) but for those who have doubts as to there not being too many different settings theres so many new settings in the show that'll make great scenes in the house

3. although it has some weaknesses like some of the acting the show is pretty decent so I'd recommend giving it a watch. It sticks to the original pretty well until they get to the Titty Twister, then it changes just enough to remain interesting yet still be satisfying

I'd say were looking at a pretty sweet maze here not to mention the fact that the facade will Probably be Amazing with or without the famed "TItty"

• 2 weeks later...

This house (along with Dracula Untold) is ranking pretty bad in the Most/Least Anticipated House thread. While I agree the TV series is pretty bad, I wonder if that mediocrity will translate into this house? Or could this turn out to be a pleasant surprise? I guess we'll see soon enough.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be too excited over the series. I made it through the first five episodes watching it online. It's pretty weak.

yeah I didn't want to say anything but the show sucks. It is just like a lame crappy remake.

my fear for this house is that we will get rooms like the "liquor store room" or the "bank room" or "hotel room" or something like that. Or if the first couple of rooms don't even have vampires at all

I wouldn't be too excited over the series. I made it through the first five episodes watching it online. It's pretty weak.

I'm currently on episode 8 of the series and I'm Loving it! However, it didn't really get going until episode 6 so if you stopped at 5 you made a mistake in my opinion.

• Like 2

I don't really get all the hate for the series-- I enjoyed it immensely, minus a few nitpicks, and I felt

the mythology and the characters were expanded upon very successfully. Regardless, as others have noted,

the quality of the source material is no reliable indicator of the quality of a house, and even if I had no interest in FDTD per se, I would still be pretty excited about snake vampires and ancient Mexican temples.

I love it when HHN tackles mythology, history, and/or folklore, so I'm looking forward to this one.

I've watched the first two episodes so far. I haven't gotten to the Titty Twister yet, but I see potential imagery that is interesting.

Some thoughts while I was watching: Will they attempt Richie's visions? If they do how will they go about that?

Other thoughts while watching: there's Fez. He has facial hair. Weird. He doesn't sound like Fez. Weird again.

• Like 1

I'm currently on episode 8 of the series and I'm Loving it! However, it didn't really get going until episode 6 so if you stopped at 5 you made a mistake in my opinion.

I 2nd this opinion! The expanded mythology behind everything and slower pace of the show works well (most of the time). Watching the show has indeed made me a great deal more excited for the house.

I don't know about anyone else but I am really looking forward to this maze. I honestly loved the series, its basically scene for scene from the original movie but has more character development and extra stuff. It may be dragged out but they are turning a movie into a multiple season series. But that being said, if you're watching this series just for HHN, I would suggest watching the movie and then start at episode 6 if you want to get a feel of how the house would look. I always do my research before HHN starts so I can get a general idea of what to expect. I would love to see what this maze has to offer. I go into every house with little to no expectations. My only exception is TWD, if they're going to hype it so much then they should deliver on it (this explains my signature xD).

• Like 1