Halloween Horror Nights 24 Construction (Discussion)

Does anyone else want to share their thoughts on the Distaster queue construction? I'v been out there a few times and every time I see the maze it seems to get bigger, not expanding outward but up. Just from what i can see, it seems to me there will be a transition from tight corredors to large open rooms. Towards the entrance portion of the maze there are walls almost touching the Desaster queue roof! I cant recall a maze in this place to be this large in scenes. The only negative I see on this maze is the shortness. Last years maze was short and it extended the whole queue, this years is just half of the queue. Though the train concept of last years maze took up a lot of space so maybe this years maze will be small and longer than havoc. It would seem this small space they would need to compensate by making narrow hallways leading to these large rooms i'v been seeing and leading me to ponder about. What are your thoughts?

Edited by Ande

They may "reverse" the layout of Disaster's house this year, and use the Potter extended queue for the house. They could build out into the open portion backstage (where the queue typically runs) to increase the available size. Depending on the theme, they could even put up a big tent back there.

• Like 1

They may "reverse" the layout of Disaster's house this year, and use the Potter extended queue for the house. They could build out into the open portion backstage (where the queue typically runs) to increase the available size. Depending on the theme, they could even put up a big tent back there.

That would be eustatic if this would happen!! It would switch things up for a change. I'm going to take this and run with it. Seems so plausible

I'm not sure they could pull that off, since the area where the queue normally would go is used during normal hours for parking. Queues can work there because they can be taken down easily but as far as building out for the house, I don't see it working, unfortunately.

I'm not sure they could pull that off, since the area where the queue normally would go is used during normal hours for parking. Queues can work there because they can be taken down easily but as far as building out for the house, I don't see it working, unfortunately.

They actually did it that way in 2004. Yeah, it's been a long time and the tempo of the park has changed. But there is precedent.
  • Like 1

The UO Leaker post, does anyone think the "Some props are dangerous" is for the maze, or for the employees working? also what is that tan stuff?

The UO Leaker post, does anyone think the "Some props are dangerous" is for the maze, or for the employees working? also what is that tan stuff?

That sign has been up there for a long time now. I do believe it's just for the workers.

Spotted some brown tobacco leaf looking things handing from a tent by sprung tent 2. A lady was working on then, painting them or something. Picture in the other thread. I believe this is for the thanksgiving/colony house that we're speculated to get.