HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Called it. He said "title" when talking about the maze instead of property and when writing the pitch spent most of the time on the concept, like a HOH overlay would.

Now what that overlay is, I have no idea.

• Like 2

Any possibility of it being a rock star connected to it? Universal Monsters Rock n Roll! Lol.

I have a few ideas:

House of Horrors: Invaded by the Walking Dead

Dr. Frankenstein's Great Remix Machine

Beetlejuice: Rock You from the Grave!

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey Through Trensylvania

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure it's Dracula. This sounds like it'll be another joint announcement. Orlando also posted that they have another announcement coming soon.

Just out of curiosity, since no one has really discussed it yet, are we expecting a 3D maze this year? I'd assume if we do end up getting one it'll be the original with the musician tie in. I really hope we don't though, 3D mazes are cool to look at and have some of the best sets of HHN in my opinion, but when it comes to being scary the 3D really just ruins that :(.

• Like 1

Why do people believe Teen Spirit is Dracula Untold? Is it just because you want poor Vlad to be jammed in there? I would be very surprised if that is what happens.

There is almost no way The Conjuring is going into HoH.

FDTD came more or less out of nowhere for you guys, why not a Wrong Turn too?

I know I'm totally stuck on Sean Penn, but I also discovered the words Halloween Party in his credits. Maybe some sort of Universal HoH Halloween Bash? Sounds pretty lame though.

You could probably toss Trick 'r Treat in there, but he wants to wait until next year.

Of all the code name reveals to come, this one has me the most curious.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I thought Dracula Untold would be going into HOH but I wouldn't believe it was Teen Spirit, i thoughy it was Empire. I need to continue to try to connect the two so it fits.

Ok Dracula can be Teen Spirit. Sean Penn has a feature length documentary called Haiti Untold that came out in 2012.

Now what's Empire?

Edited by SirOwenDisney
  • Like 2

Nothing is really known of the original maze (there are theories, but little is known) but it could certainly be a 3D maze. Not sure if The Mummy would be a good venue for 3D though. Since Parisian Square is going to be an IP and the backlot is spoken for.

So in Parisian that leaves the possibility of CITW, Dracula Untold if it isn't in HOH, The Conjuring, or some other curveball as Empire.

I feel like CitW would work in HoH. With some reworking, you can make the cave scenes in the beginning look like a forest leading to a cabin and have the Buckners in that section. Then the organ/phantom? room can become the elevator scene. And every room after that can be like a new monster wreaking havoc on the office building. It would take alot of work to get it right. Unfortunately I can see them leaving most everything as is and just adding some recognizable characters from CitW.

Just a thought.

House of horrors will have a new theme that will involve music. The question is whether the music is pivotal towards the central theme or just a "score" for ambience. I don't quite see Dracula Untold featuring the music of Slash or Weird AL Yankovic!

Edited by AsylumSB

Lol how does that make more sense?

It would basically be throwing the characters in HOH like they did with the Strangers. They could acknowledge House of Horrors is an attraction in the park and the people who are participating in the Purge have taken over the attraction.

Edited by shark23

It would basically be throwing the characters in HOH like they did with the Strangers. They could acknowledge House of Horrors is an attraction in the park and the people who are participating in the Purge have taken over the attraction.

I guess that could work. I still think it's dracula since both coasts are teasing an announcement though

Well, we know it's not the Purge, so I guess we can stay away from that.

And on twitter, Murdy just said Teen Spirit isn't connected to Dracula Untold.

WHA?!

@sal_ochoa @PsychoMFilms @HorrorNights I said Dracula was in HOH but how does it connect to Teen Spirit is the question.

@SirOwenDisney @sal_ochoa @PsychoMFilms I don't think it connects at all... But you know that's just me

I knew our spec was funked up this year. BUT NOOOOOOO. Now we're sitting here seriously considering AVP like dummies :'(

Two new mazes not in our current spec is a major blow to our predicted line up and pretty much changes everything.

The only thing that I expect to be on the money still is AWIL, which seems pretty safe. Everything else is.... ANARCHY.

The only thing that I expect to be on the money still is AWIL, which seems pretty safe. Everything else is.... ANARCHY.

4 mazes and the rest of the scarezones are devoted solely to The Purge?!? What's next, Disney loaning out Captain EO to replace Bill and Ted?

Two new mazes not in our current spec is a major blow to our predicted line up and pretty much changes everything.

FDTD was speculated on for a while when Orlando was rumored to happen, and part of the reason it didn't last long was because we didn't even have a codename to base it on. Hell, some people didn't even think the super secret project was a 7th house even after the teaser site basically said it. This one thing doesn't make every single speculated house wrong.

Back to HOH, here's a shot in the dark but, maybe something Face Off related? Orlando is rumored to have a Face Off scarezone

Edited by Ridesandstuff

FDTD was speculated on for a while when Orlando was rumored to happen, and part of the reason it didn't last long was because we didn't even have a codename to base it on. Hell, some people didn't even think the super secret project was a 7th house even after the teaser site basically said it. This one thing doesn't make every single speculated house wrong.

Back to HOH, here's a shot in the dark but, maybe something Face Off related? Orlando is rumored to have a Face Off scarezone

As good as any other speculation....but how does the reported music involved in HOH play into the theme?

In hindsight, it should have been obvious that the maze that had to be changed due to space limits was in Parisian Square.

So there's Dracula Untold, which would most likely be a castle facade next to another castle facade but that's not a surefire thing. It's not a surefire appealing IP, but it has gotten good press and vampires are in right now.

CITW's facade doesn't make much sense there either, and is a lower awareness property. But like AWIL Orlando could be lending some props to help keep costs down. I wonder if Hollywood is lending them some Halloween props? Anyway...

The Conjuring facade would be kinda out of place as well, but it could make sense in a more cramped venue due to lack of characters and environments.

My money is still on Dracula Untold being Empire.

As good as any other speculation....but how does the reported music involved in HOH play into the theme?

Murdy never said it was involved in the theme, just that there's music involved.