HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

He gave clues for the codenameless maze, but not a codename. The original one.

When I read this, "Might as well toss a few more hints out there about the original maze... I mean you're never going to guess it so I might as well torture you", I read it as there were already hints that apply to the original maze. "A few more hints", implying some already existed. At no point does he say this is the 6th maze clue.

I don't know... Until I read something somewhere that convinces me that the last clues he gave was a 6th maze, I'm sticking with the idea that Empire is the original maze (not based on a tv show or video game). If not, then he really must be doing everything he can to throw us off. Look at this clue for the original maze, "-The original maze also has a strange connection to a song that was written in 1946...It's about a place... It's been covered many many times" and tell me what else it could be besides Route 66? And also... just to toss in a little extra info, There is a book written by MALCOLM Taylor called Route 66.

Extra info for those who may want to try to figure out an alternative...

He definitely did the VIP Tour with Michael Jackson. Here are also some other possible album names... Thriller, Off the Wall, Bad, Dangerous, ET Soundtrack, Immortal, Blood on the Dance Floor... I'm sure there could be others Murdy did tours with???

X-Men also had the singles Beach Party, Pakistan, Don't Wake Me (location being the realm of dreams)

The Malcolm clue is now Empire which obviously could be just about anything.

Maybe he changed Malcolm because too many people were assuming it was Malcolm McDowell (Loomis) and he didn't want people to be sad when Halloween doesn't come to Hollywood?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

"…the maze I'm currently working on is Chris and I's ORIGINAL concept…so not assigning it a code name because it would be impossible to guess"

Like Murdy has said, it's easy to throw people off because they don't read.

"…the maze I'm currently working on is Chris and I's ORIGINAL concept…so not assigning it a code name because it would be impossible to guess"

Like Murdy has said, it's easy to throw people off because they don't read.

Missed 1 line in scrolling through 5 months of tweets and about a million different web searches looking for info. Yep. Guess I don't read.

Back to speculation on house 1...

I still think the Michael Jackson Album I originally picked might apply to my new guess... HIStory: Past, Present and Future (1st several films taking place at Crystal Lake, then NY, and eventually in space)

Since it isn't a tv show or a game it most likely is a movie.

Well known setting for horror fans... Crystal Lake

Empire... a couple pieces of History that had to do with Friday and the 13th as well as an empire "The Aztecs brutally killed 39,000 in one day on Friday the 13th of August, 1539. This was done at the request of the recently arrived Hernan Cortez, who claimed to be a god seeking tribute. The next day he overthrew their empire" or "Most skyscrapers do not include a thirteenth floor. Gregory Johnson bravely included a thirteenth floor in his designs for the Empire State Building in New York. Three days after its completion, on a Friday, the weight of the building caused it to buckle and it crushed the thirteenth floor. It has been structurally sound ever since." quoted from here http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/6275/history-of-friday-the-13th/ .

X-Men single that would apply would be Beach Party (taking place on Crystal Lake)

And... the picture about 18 or so posts above looks sorta like a piece of this picture... http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/199/5/5/friday_the_13th___jason_voorhees_by_tomzj1-d57p1b8.jpg

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

*Im new to this so I'm sorry if I sound dumb. Last year was my first time at HorrorNights, so that why I don't know much about it. I really love HorrorNights though. That's why I'm here. Just a disclaimer.

How likely is it that The Walking Dead is going to return, since they had a two mazes of it last year? To me it seems like they wouldn't do the same thing twice?

My guess would be yes. But I'm sure there are others who would disagree.

Anyone have any ideas for the Atari 2600 house?

There aren't too many hints to go on, but an easy pick would be Halloween. The game came out for the Atari 2600 in 1983 and had the Halloween signature sound effect is in the game.

See here... www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJmEbN6TU_g

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

Murdy has said that the total number of pages in treatment for the event has reached 562. If you add up the number of pages in treatment for all of the mazes in total, it's 414 pages. Add the Terror Tram treatment (Which is 72 pages) and that's 486 pages. Whatever that "secret project" was that Murdy was working on, it's 76 pages as that is the difference between the total number added up from the codenamed maze treatments and the Terror Tram and the number Murdy gave. I'm willing to bet CRAZY big money on the seventh maze right now because that's GOT to be what he's working on. What else would it be that involves 76 pages of treatment?

• Like 2

It could be scare zones or the Backlot experience will be expanded. Maybe a new VIP tour as well.

I'm still on TWD isn't coming back ship because of the tweet.

This is the reason why I think The Walking Dead is coming back to Hollywood.

Teen Spirit Maze

Theme of the maze connects to an actor who appeared in a Universal teen comedy... Fast Times at Ridgemont High - Sean Penn

Part of the title for the maze is in part of the actor's credits... Dead Man Walking movie 1995

Murdy snuck in to see the movie... it came out in 1982, so I'd assume it is old enough.

A movie title that has something to do with poker... Dead Man Walking - a dead man's hand

Dead Man Walking or... The Walking Dead

What do you think?

Well, has there ever been something out of the ordinary before? Besides an extra maze. Maybe a short film or something of that sort? Maybe something like a show?

No. I really don't think a show would require a treatment. It would be more like a script. Besides, Murdy himself said a while back that he's not writing shows anymore. He wrote Fear Factor: Dead Celebrity Edition and look how that was recieved.

I think it will be back, but nobody said that it has to be a Terror Tram AND a maze. Also, what scarezone would need 76 pages of treatment? Backlot experience, I don't think it should take that long to organize.

First off, I seriously doubt the Walking Dead would have 55 pages of treatment. It was seventy-something when he gave the codename for it "John", I think that's what he wants you to go for. Remember, this is the "freak out" maze so this has to be something people would go nuts for. I don't think TWD returning a third year in a row would get people excited.

There are poker terms like "crying call" or "cut" which could point to Halloween. A maze like that can totally fit in that number of pages and would definately be something fans would freak out over. Just a thought.

• Like 1

I thought the freak out maze (tweeted March 18th and again March 30th) was Maze 3... Beauty is Only Skin Deep?

Beauty is only skin deep horror property that stars a former model... Karima Adebibe (model)

Beauty is only skin deep refers to the BUSINESS of beauty products... AVP = Avon Products Inc. (ticker label)

Beauty is only skin deep refers to THINGS (things being stressed) that are beautiful (in relation to the makeup and design) on the outside but not on the inside... imdb trivia section points out that throughout the whole movie the words alien or predator are never spoken, aliens were called THINGS, creatures, serpents and the predator is referred to as hunters or humanoids.

Aliens vs. Predator is what I came up while using Murdy's clues.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

^Writing the treatment is basically describing the maze as you walk through. For example, "The first room we enter is Joe's living room. The stairs are to the right and there is a table with a green lamp on it next to it. Next we enter Jack's room..." and it goes on, the longer the maze, the more detailed it is, the bigger the treatment. Usually the ones with shorter treatments are in the smaller venues like Mummy, JP, or Persian Square.

I thought the freak out maze (tweeted March 18th and again March 30th) was Maze 3... Beauty is Only Skin Deep?

Beauty is only skin deep horror property that stars a former model... Karima Adebibe (model)

Beauty is only skin deep refers to the BUSINESS of beauty products... AVP = Avon Products Inc. (ticker label)

Beauty is only skin deep refers to THINGS (things being stressed) that are beautiful (in relation to the makeup and design) on the outside but not on the inside... imdb trivia section points out that throughout the whole movie the words alien or predator are never spoken, aliens were called THINGS, creatures, serpents and the predator is referred to as hunters or humanoids.

Aliens vs. Predator is what I came up while using Murdy's clues.

how about resident evil

milla jovovich formar modal/actress

she also the face avon frangence

ding dong avon calling

here this to back me up

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/resident-evil-face-cream-by-avon/

thing hint is the red herring

Edited by timbo8

@MEWrestling cold

— Horror Nights (@HorrorNights)

May 24, 2014

1. @HorrorNights i like to lock in my answer for teen spirit as AWIL and Atari 2600 as Resident Evil. Hot or cold?

yes in fact last year we guessed the whole year... but there is no way to tell if you ask him if you get it wrong he will say no if you guess it right he will give a extremely vague beat around the bush yes that's sounds like no.

For example the guy asked if those code names matched, not if any of the mazes are those properties. Not to say any of those are correct they MAY or MAY NOT be right but remember when asking Murdy think of it as making a wish on a monkey's paw.

Its funny. I would say we've been at least 4 out of 5 right every year since 2011.

However, none of the guesses/predictions anyone is making this year seem to be on the right track. I think we're looking at another wild card 2010-style.

• Like 1