HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

@HorrorNights: What a glorious day for a maze pitch! Wore the Psycho Bunny scarf for good luck! It paid off! We got the concept blessed! That's one down!

This tweet was for Malcolm. I thought that his word choice was interesting. Got it BLESSED.

• Like 1

As posted on the other forum...it looks like Ghostbusters may actually be Malcolm. Mike talked about a Netflix update of horror, one of the movies was Ghostbusters.

More important than the anniversary or the passing of Sam, it solves a problem for Hollywood. 3D mazes are popular. You need a property that can work in 3D, but the bands that have the sweet spot of fame and horror relativity with their biggest hits have been used up.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's a problem. I don't know if they would do an original style with the ghostbusters brand on it or something, because if it's a direct from movie maze it wouldn't work out. It would be a challenge for sure.

• Like 1

If it was indeed a mix if the 2 ghostbusters films they could do the library,danas apartment, the fire house,the sedgewick hotel etc and from part 2 the courthouse, the river of slime,the museum etc even if they wanted to do an original story all thy have to do is start off the story with the containment unit being breached.

not that I'm on the "Ghostbuster is 100%" train but if they borrowed from some of the cartoons and comics ect they have some pretty maze worthy monsters...that being said those are lost in the 80's and early 90's (anybody remember extreme Ghostbusters? used to love that show) the only thing that hold up are the movies themselves so this is DTH's point. So I wouldn't say it couldn't be done but I would say I don't think a maze will be done.

Also on the Blessed thing I'm pretty sure he just meant it in the same you would get a father's blessing before marring his daughter, as in it got okayed by it's Creator/Rights Holder.

• Like 1

Okay seriously, this Ghostbusters talk is just silly. They might as well make a maze out of Goosebumps, which honestly has more scareactor possibilities and environments and could use the publicity with the film coming out (or is that next year?)

What about Alien? The Exorcist? The return of Scream or Halloween? Poltergeist? The original Evil Dead series? Do any of those fit the hints?

Let's talk HORROR

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 2

How is it silly? I mean yeah the chances of it coming are slim, but its no different then say if they did a maze based off Killer Klownz From Outer Space.

1) More maze-like environments

2) More scareactor-like characters

3) More scare opportunities

4) Fear factor is abnormally high due to fear of clowns, even if generic - not many people irrationally afraid of Slimer or Stay Puft man

5) There's a fine line between horror-comedy and a comedy with horror elements.

6) An abnormal film that somewhat fits the HHN criteria could be made over trying to fit a film with zero HHN qualities into HHN.

"There's a Ghostbusters maze!" "Cool. Wait, what? How would that even work? I'll check it out but I highly doubt that'll be scary."

"There's a Killer Klowns from Outer Space maze!" "Cool. I could see how that work. It'll probably be fun and stupid, but it could work."

• Like 1

Okay seriously, this Ghostbusters talk is just silly. They might as well make a maze out of Goosebumps, which honestly has more scareactor possibilities and environments and could use the publicity with the film coming out (or is that next year?)

What about Alien? The Exorcist? The return of Scream or Halloween? Poltergeist? The original Evil Dead series? Do any of those fit the hints?

Let's talk HORROR

It's comes out 2016

What about Predator or Scary Stories to tell in the dark (;

Edited by StraightEdge

I agree that GB is horror not extreme horror but horror in the same way of Beetlejuice and Gremlins but honestly who are we kidding a GB maze?! We're not going to have The Exorcist, Trick R Treat, AHS, Hellraiser, Romero's Living Dead films etc. But do GB instead?! We dint do CITW or AWIL last year but we will do GB? I would really be disappointed as some of the properties I listed and many more should be a maze instead of GB.

• Like 2

Let's talk HORROR

I've been saying Halloween this whole time, I don't understand this Ghostbusters obsession that seems to be going around.

• Like 1