Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

NO WAY does Uni have a bunch of honkies running around playing Native Americans and portraying them as savages. Even if thats what actually happened no major corp is touching that with a 10 foot pole. Too much about mascot/nicknames in the news now anyway. Now throw a mythical monster in there instead and it makes for a halloween party...

The masquerade sounds boring but if the scareactors looks something like this, then I'm happy:

b0e2b10cb08b521d01a3556d7b8fdb98.jpg

masquerade_zombie1.jpg

Where are these pics from. Those are outstanding!!!

• Like 1

Where are these pics from. Those are outstanding!!!

I don't really know where they are from lol. I just looked up "Scary Masquerade costumes" on google images so I could get an image of what it could look like. When I saw these, I was like WOW! I agree they are amazing costumes and this is truly what the scarezone should look like.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

It seems that everything they are announcing so far is from TV shows or movies. Is there going to be anything original this year? I kind of like the original houses and they typically end up being the best. I guess they have more freedom of what they can come up with rather than following a TV show

NO WAY does Uni have a bunch of honkies running around playing Native Americans and portraying them as savages. Even if thats what actually happened no major corp is touching that with a 10 foot pole. Too much about mascot/nicknames in the news now anyway. Now throw a mythical monster in there instead and it makes for a

Except the Washington Redskins :(

• Like 1

Though I have little faith in the cultural sensitivities of HHN, I honestly think this discussion should wait until this house (and its story) are official.

Good point, it would be awkward to have a conversation about a house that doesn't happen.

Guest kiwisoup

With the clue being "Impale" and the fact Hollywood is also doing an announcement, it's obviously Dracula:Untold.

Not to mention Hollywood's clue was "Thirsty?"...very subtle.

I see ... yeah 4 zones def leaves a lot of open space in the streets that fog and ambiance music just can't fill. Maybe they could move Geishas elsewhere? Idk I hope that they fill up the streets more than just 4 zones ... I mean I know The Purge and Face Off are supposed to be large but still...

Everyone hates on the streets from 2012 but I think a lot of groups around would be better than just 4 zones.

Chicago Blackhawks as well

Hey now.. watch yourself..

How did the Blackhawks get their name? And how is that name -- and the team's logo-- perceived by Native Americans in the Chicago area.

Just a few years ago, protests over Chief Illiniwek grew so loud the University of Illinois dropped the mascot. In 1992, Naperville Central High School traded its Redskins mascot for a Redhawk.

But the Blackhawks have, for the most part, avoided much fury from Native American groups.

ABC7 Chicago wondered," why?"

"I'm cheering for the Blackhawks, for the Hawks. I'm going to say the Hawks," said Cyndee Fox-Starr, a Native-American.

Fox-Starr is full blood from the Omaha and Ottawa tribes. She's also a huge hockey fan. Back in the 1950s, her dad played on an all Native-American team that skated in full head-dress at the old Chicago stadium.

"I'm really torn on the logo part," Fox-Starr said.

The team name is derived from Chief Blackhawk, a person, rather than a tribe. In the early 1800s, he fought expansion by white settlers into Illinois and surrounding states.

The hockey team's first owner commanded a World War II unit nicknamed "The Blackhawk Division," after Chief Blackhawk.

"The stance is very clear. We want the logo to change," said Joe Podlasek of the American Indian Center.

Podlasek runs that center in Chicago and was instrumental in the fight to get the University of Illinois to bench its mascot, Chief Illiniwek. He says what makes the Blackhawks a bit better is they don't use a mascot to dance around and, in his opinion, mock his heritage.

In the locker room, players are told not to step on the chief logo, and fans in the stands don't do a tomahawk chop, like at Braves games in Atlanta.

But the Blackhawk logo is still a problem for some.

"For us, that's one of our grandfathers. Would you do that with your grandfather's picture? Would Take it and throw it on a rug? Walk on it and dance on it?" Podlasek said.

Some hockey fans say they are torn between their love of a team and loyalty to their heritage.

"As long as they treat it with respect, that's fine by me," Hara Jonathan said.

A few years ago, the NCAA decided schools cannot use Indian names, logos or mascots without permission from the particular tribe.

A spokesman for the Chicago Blackhawks told ABC7 Chicago the team does not get a lot of complaints about its logo.

On the other "controversial" topic my great great great grandmother was named Bird of Many Colors. She was Chickahominy of the family tribe of Powhatan. So Pocahontas is like my aunt or something.

Anyway my point is I've never found mascots like the Washington Redskins or my own High School Red Raiders to offend my Native heritage in the least. I always thought it was kinda cool really. The ugly big nosed caricature they used to have for the Cleveland Indians was actually offensive though, and I hope you can see the difference.

But as to this rumored house scenario? Um, the whites are the savages invading and murdering the Natives - trying to destroy their culture and religious beliefs. My own great great great grandmother was forcibly taken from her tribe as a young girl and "adopted" by a white family - given the named "Elenor Flick" and assimilated.

But she never truly assimilated and kept her true self alive and passed the story down to her children.

Personally I look forward to seeing the just revenge the Natives will exact upon the invading colonists.

addams-family-values-thanksgiving-play-8

• Like 2

Indians where killing each other before the "evil white man" came along, so whatever, this whole thing is old and moving on from it. I have a feeling Dracula Untold is going to look similar to Gothic from a couple of years ago. Except of being gargoyles, it's going to be whatever creatures are featured in the movie.