Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I think it's safe to finally go ahead make this post now:

My all time favorite horror movie and horror icon is coming to my favorite place on the planet. Dream come true.

I was hoping they would play this up as Michael's homecoming, and it looks like they are. Beautiful. CANNOT WAIT.

I truly hope you get what you want. I was soooooooooooooo happy about the Nightmare on Elm Street house and.....well, realized why all the "old timers" loved the original houses more then the IPs.

I LOVE the Halloween series (even the 4-6 ones...but hated H20) and have high hopes for a house (all you need is guys wearing mechanic overalls and Shatner masks and a dead topless chick in bed with a tombstone by her head and a bed sheet ghost...spend the budget making the house look amazing!) but I'm wary. Though the fact that A&D LOVE the IP and it's not hard to do...I have high hopes. Just not trying to let them get too high.

So excited for this house, I thought I had missed all the classics so I'm excited I'll get to see Halloween at least. By the way, new here, but I've been following the spec since 2009 and I FINALLY got to go last year. Damn travel expenses...

So now that we have construction photos from near charlie that contain wrapped up cannon props, I have been thinking and here's my take on what Charlie may truly be.

First off, the facade for tent 2, (charlie) definitely looks like some sort of childish doll house to me.

I can see how cannons could be used for charlie, but it would mean looking at "dolls" from another perspective. It would mean the theme involves a lot more than just dolls.

Yes, dolls are creepy and old, but they are also toys. Toy themes can be super creepy if done right. Cannons can't connect to only dolls that much.

However, cannons can connect to toy soldiers. TOY cannons for TOY soldiers. Think about it: What if we aren't seeing JUST dolls, but evil toys in general?

It could end up being very similar to the "Toyz" scarezone from HHN Hollywood. (But in maze form, of course)

The story is really quite simple: Evil toys that seek to kill because they were abused. Creepy and simple. Perfect for an original maze.

This is a lot of wishful thinking, but since not much is known about "Charlie", this is just something to think about. I really have no other theories for the cannons.

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 2

Ah but do you know the timeline? All you have currently are clues to a reverse Thanksgiving... some sort of native people eating some sort of colonial people. Who says it has to be the first Thanksgiving? Or even the actual Thanksgiving for that matter? (although I would like t think it is anyway seems... apropo some how) Those are just clues. The house will tell a story.

Colonial people had cannons. Natives had spears.

Also, Based on the little I see of the back of the cannon I would say you are looking at roughly a 16-17th century British/Colonial Cannon.

Something roughly like this in nature. Smaller though

mt5dfd.jpg

• Like 1

I'm confused... Why would a cannibal house based on the Lost Colony of Roanoke not have cannons?

I'm pretty sure that was one of the only items that were left at the settlement.

That's true. I'm just pointing out possibilities. We won't know until we see the maze ourselves.