Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I don't know... The second I saw it, I thought it looked identical to the window door pattern of the Myers house. But Halloween is one of my all time favorites, so...

I hope you aren't implying a duel announcement Dracula Untold is up next... Booooo!

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

<commence bitching session>I

I sooooooooo wish Universal would invest $250k per year on an an interactive marketing dept that would dedicate 3 months to HHN (while spending the other 9 months doing other UNI stuff). Where we'd have the interactive games and stuff that we had in the 2005ish time frame (not a HHN expert with everything committed to memory, just guesstimating). I hate the fact that we "figure everything out" through hints and sources and leaks and then "hurry up and wait" for the official announcements. I think if we had more of a fun, interactive experience that we'd all be happy.

And NOT super secret nerd stuff...but just games and stuff to find out stuff before they put it on the splash page of the main site. If they had 3 vauge hints leading up to TWD announcement that would have been great. JWD, Dr Jimmy and Legacy could give us their hints about the answer and then it would be released and we'd move on. Then another 3 hints now for whatever the second hint was and we'd figure it out with the help of our "inside sources". I think that would make us happy as well as intrigue the GP for event. They used to do this sooooooooooo well, but now the website sucks. Even the games suck. It's so easy to call off the spoilers on their part, and give the customers what they want.

Full disclosure: This is probably a result of doing the recent survey and being shoehorned into selecting what I thought of the website without having and option that fit my opinion. Oh yeah, and the fact that I work in the MARCOM area :)

<end bitching session>

EDIT: Fixed brainfart of referring to JWD as TWD. Damn abbreviations for houses rotting my brain!

Edited by Oysterhead00

I sooooooooo wish Universal would invest $250k per year on an an interactive marketing dept that would dedicate 3 months to HHN (while spending the other 9 months doing other UNI stuff). Where we'd have the interactive games and stuff that we had in the 2005ish time frame (not a HHN expert with everything committed to memory, just guesstimating). I hate the fact that we "figure everything out" through hints and sources and leaks and then "hurry up and wait" for the official announcements. I think if we had more of a fun, interactive experience that we'd all be happy.

And NOT super secret nerd stuff...but just games and stuff to find out stuff before they put it on the splash page of the main site. If they had 3 vauge hints leading up to TWD announcement that would have been great. JWD, Dr Jimmy and Legacy could give us their hints about the answer and then it would be released and we'd move on. Then another 3 hints now for whatever the second hint was and we'd figure it out with the help of our "inside sources". I think that would make us happy as well as intrigue the GP for event. They used to do this sooooooooooo well, but now the website sucks. Even the games suck. It's so easy to call off the spoilers on their part, and give the customers what they want.

Full disclosure: This is probably a result of doing the recent survey and being shoehorned into selecting what I thought of the website without having and option that fit my opinion. Oh yeah, and the fact that I work in the MARCOM area :)

<end bitching session>

I just did the survey and had pretty much the same thoughts.

<end bitching session>

EDIT: Fixed brainfart of referring to JWD as TWD. Damn abbreviations for houses rotting my brain!

As much as we would all love this the surveys we've seen make it near impossible to gain traction. I obviously don't have the results of the tests but I imagine a large majority of the people taking this rank the importance of a more in-depth website low. Most just want the basic information and a clear way to look at prices and dates. I've done user testing and web work for ages, even spoke with Universal Hollywood about handling some of their digital marketing a few years ago, and what some of us want just isn't financially feasible for Universal.

To say it is as simple as spending 250k is also a long shot. Just yesterday I had a meeting about a project that had a budget of 150k (bid by other companies as even more than that) with a very simple corporate website. Employees would help keep that low but you would need to have a Lead Developer, a Junior Developer, a Designer, and more than likely someone in User Experience (in some fashion) to make a team that is adequate. That puts you above 250k even with 3 of those roles if you want it done properly. Now, you have to factor in legal reviews of content, content creation, digital marketing being involved, security testing, etc. Now you're roping in other departments and their time would be taken from other aspects. So things get out of hand pretty quickly.

Games, apps, interaction of any kind, etc would be awesome. But it doesn't generate revenue beyond the cost of building it. So it just won't get buy-in from corporate. A shiny interactive mini-site could happen with a vendor one year. I could see that. But I highly doubt anything more will ever happen without major changes in corporate.

I keep hearing on OU that it may actually still be 5/3 IP/Original this year. Could FDTD be back on the table or is one of our originals really an IP? Just wondering.

I can't imagine why they would decide to put FDTD back on the table after scrapping and replacing it.

This leads me to believe that one of the originals is an IP.

Charlie maybe?

I've speculated Charlie would be The Conjuring if it were an IP & not original since its already rumored its coming to Hollywood, we could easily share it. Annabelle just got pushed up to October 3 which plays pretty well with the opening few weeks of HHN so that's something to think about.

But the wording on OU was very specific, someone posted the list that we've speculated to be the lineup & when "Crows" was brought up it had question marks to what the house actually was & the response was to remove the question marks & add another set of pointed teeth. 5/3

That wording tells me From Dusk Till Dawn is your on again off again on again house replacing Crows in the Parade Building which was my original spec all along when we heard it might be coming. That way the facade they'd probably use would be hidden well enough to not be as offensive it could be to people who think it could be in bad taste.

Again more questions arise.

Edited by SirOwenDisney
  • Like 1

Charlie is on a similar construction timeline as the Disaster house (Charlie is Tent 1). The permit for Tent 1 was pulled 5/13 which was 3 days before Mike announced that he was doing a treatment for Altar. So, Altar didn't event have blueprints yet. I also haven't seen any comments regarding revisions on the Tent 1 permit.

Crows/Altar was always the original thought. The question was which one would it be? When the mystery permit cemented it's location (B79), most people believed a decision had been made.

That's when the flip flops began. Crows! Altar! Crows! Altar! Then Ritual got thrown into the mix because it's the one original left that doesn't have a permit yet.

Jimmy and JDW appear to feel solid on the Crows front. That Crows is indeed in B79. (At least that's my interpretation of their posts YMMV.)

Ritual, for me would be the only realistic option for a change since it doesn't have a permit and one can assume it would be easier to Altar a house that isn't currently under construction.

Figured I should give an example of what I mean by the permit not showing any revisions. The following can be seen on the permit info for Tent 2 and Disaster, but is not listed on the Tent 1 permit info.

" FYI - BUILDING-NARRATIVE When submitting revisions they are required to be clouded and a narrative attached describing all changes being made to the original documents."

I'm not completely savvy with construction stuff (SS44 fiasco proves this), but Revisions to the Building-Narrative seems to be imply changes to the scenes/blueprints.

I can only guess that changing the house from one thing (Charlie) to another (Altar) would require revisions to the building-narrative.

Or they could have submitted the revisions absolutely perfectly, I suppose and no notes were needed.

I find the uncertainty in the house line up fascinating, but very unhealthy for my "delusional" thoughts. Everytime I read about the confusion of 5/3 or 4/4 or Crows/Altar/Ritual, I small, traitorous voice (this is the conspiracy theorist) whispers:

"Everyone is confused because A&D is hiding the fact that there are 9 houses!"

• Like 3

I'm all for 9 houses but after all of this, I want The Exorcist as the last surprise maze.

Don't get your hopes up. There's a reason I called that thought delusional!

It is most likely very, very delusional.

But! I can't help thinking it, and if I'm going to think it, I might as well post it.

I'd kick myself if it did occur and I didn't voice my thoughts.

I fed into your delusions about a month ago. The last minute 9th house shocker. I think I posted it after finding out about Dracula Untold being a likely house.

Of course, we probably want different houses, but if Trick 'r Treat or by some act of God Himself we got a Dr. Who house my head would probably explode.

At least Halloween seems like a pretty sure thing... I can't wait to see that 1. I bought my tickets tonight.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

maybe it's just me but I would rather not have 9 houses and just have 8 really good houses, Quality over quantity. What good are 9 houses if half won't even be that great or that detailed?

As for the website I understand being a waste to create games or interactive menus if the only thing people want is the info and nothing more, But I wish they at least hired a good artist to make the website look good. I don't mind not getting games but they should at least make the site look creative. The past couple of years the website has not been appealing at all. The website seems to just be getting more lame each year.

maybe it's just me but I would rather not have 9 houses and just have 8 really good houses, Quality over quantity. What good are 9 houses if half won't even be that great or that detailed?

As for the website I understand being a waste to create games or interactive menus if the only thing people want is the info and nothing more, But I wish they at least hired a good artist to make the website look good. I don't mind not getting games but they should at least make the site look creative. The past couple of years the website has not been appealing at all. The website seems to just be getting more lame each year.

I dont think adding one house is going to take away from the other 8 in such dramatic fashion... settle down now!!!!

But! I can't help thinking it, and if I'm going to think it, I might as well post it.

Oh i'm not getting my hopes up, if we were to get more than 8 houses i'd suspect it would be HHN 25 for an anniversary year but then again there is something up their sleeve that we just don't know yet & that anticipation is driving the speculation that maybe we're not getting one or the other, we're getting all three. We won't know anything further until the permit for 22 comes out as it's the only one not released to the public yet as in they have not started construction which means that Ritual will be Altared & Crows will stay in Parade. So much to think about though, what if it's actually something else that we don't know about? I think that is highly unlikely & we already know our lineup but again who knows what is being hidden until the actual reveal in August.

Oh i'm not getting my hopes up, if we were to get more than 8 houses i'd suspect it would be HHN 25 for an anniversary year but then again there is something up their sleeve that we just don't know yet & that anticipation is driving the speculation that maybe we're not getting one or the other, we're getting all three. We won't know anything further until the permit for 22 comes out as it's the only one not released to the public yet as in they have not started construction which means that Ritual will be Altared & Crows will stay in Parade. So much to think about though, what if it's actually something else that we don't know about? I think that is highly unlikely & we already know our lineup but again who knows what is being hidden until the actual reveal in August.

There's no permit for TWD either yet, unless they hid it very, very well.

I've looked at all the permits pulled for this year (and all the ones pulled after November last year). I can't find a permit for SS25.

There's no permit for TWD either yet, unless they hid it very, very well.

I've looked at all the permits pulled for this year (and all the ones pulled after November last year). I can't find a permit for SS25.

I know 25 doesn't have a permit yet but I didn't mention that because we already know what's going there. Maybe DAVE isn't out until end of the month & they won't start construction until beginning of August. Then again with this being the biggest house in HHN history, maybe the permit is just hidden well & has been out all along. They have to already be building TWD, don't they?

Edited by SirOwenDisney

I'm hoping for your 4/5. Or is it 5/4? :D

I like originals... but they gotta be good. Maybe it is just me, but it seems like a few of them must have had less of a budget to work with than most of the ips.

I enjoy them all. Be thankful we have things like this to see nowadays. Not to make myself seem so old, but when I was a kid, we didn't have anything like this to go and see.

• Like 1