Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I predicted this movie to be Dracula's Game of Thrones, they even cast Tywin! Though I can't see it being much of a house since the movie looks a lot like 2009's Dracula house which featured a lot of Vlad the Impaler influences.

I'd thought they'd learn their lesson from 2011's The Thing, which ended up being a flop movie and one of the less popular houses of that year. Still loved the house and enjoyed the movie.

Hannibal would be a much better use of synergy since it's a show that is gaining viewers and an IP that hasn't been (officially) used at HHN

it does suck to go in a house before seeing the movie. some things don't make sense, a lot of things are missed because you didn't know what to look for, to me some houses feel disorienting. Some details definitely get lost if I didn't see it.
The quality of the house might be the same but my experience is very different if I saw the movie or not. I tend to appreciate the house more if I saw the movie. I was completely lost in Dead Silence. I understood what the movie was about but I couldn't fully enjoy all the detail they put into that house. When I finally saw the movie I was pretty upset that I didn't try to see it earlier because then things made sense. Same thing with the Wolfman, great house but still......

Edited by clash

Don't get me wrong, the mazes in California were not all awe-inspiring but I have yet to walk away saying "that maze was awful". Some like Silent Hill and El Cucuy, in my opinion, were designed well and the scareactors rocked but I did not find them repeatable. I am excited to visit your event this year for the first time and pleased about your speculated lineup.

Edited by AsylumSB

If you enjoyed Hollywood, then I'm sure you'll love it here.

I've been to dozens of haunted attractions. Although I've seen single mazes here or there that are better than the mazes we get at HHN, I've yet to see any place that has the total package that HHN Orlando has to offer (especially with the return of scare zones this year).

Where else are you going to go where:

the weather is beautiful

the haunted mazes are top notch (ips done right and originals)

you have scare zones to set the atmosphere

you are in a world class theme park with great rides

you also have 2 shows - Bill & Ted as well as RHPS

unlike Hollywood HHN they actually serve alcohol in the park (there is also a Fat Tuesday right outside the entrance at Citywalk)

you can eat giant turkey legs & twisted taters or a variety of other food options

The return of Jack the Clown? *crosses fingers*

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 5

Perhaps California has had that experience but we've had many bad mazes in Florida. And bad scare zones too.

In my opinion TWD:Dead Inside, Silent Hill and Resident Evil were some of the worse houses in recent memory. Maybe my opinion is swayed by the high hopes I had for all of these IPs.

TWD's queue line was insanely long and after 150 minutes of shuffling feet, the house was peppered with scareactors and it felt like I was just walking through some nicely done, but abandoned set pieces.

Silent Hill just felt like they chose scenes from the games and tossed them in willy-nilly. Pyramid Head was in for one short scene and if you went through at the wrong time you missed him completely. I felt like it could have been much much better for those that were not gaming fans.

RE was just bad... I was a fan of the games in my younger days but the cartoony feel of the house was a complete letdown.

Of course Doomsday will always hold a place in my heart as the worst house in all my years of going to HHN.

Other than weather related problems during my visit in 2011, I haven't had an issue with scare zones until the event wide zombification of last year. I want variety while I walk from house to house, not a bunch of "walkers" in bad masks.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Both Aiello and Murdy tweeted about seeing the finished announcement video for their next IP reveal, which leads me to assume it's another shared property. I'm going to guess Untold will be next, as both the houses and the movie need heavy promotion and it's almost definitely a shared property it looks like. I'm guessing within the next 10-12 days we'll see that video.

Halloween isn't being shared as Murdy said every maze besides TWD has never featured at HHN, which excludes that. AVP seems to be speculated for them, so that might be shared as well. If not, we have 2 shared and 2 exclusive IPs this year.

Edited by foREVer56

I had an idea last night that probably wont be used at the event but, I believe that this would be the best idea in the Clown Factory storyline.

So follow me for a second, Jack the clown runs a factory that produces Clowns right? Edgar Sawyer is just this teenage horror enthusiast that is near death after some other teenagers had set his haunted houses/trailer park on fire. Well what if Jack found out about what happened to young Edgar and decided to help him and save his life to turn him into the Horror Icon that he previously looked up to? What if Edgar Sawyer became Jack's brother Eddie Schmidt by being the first experiment of Jack's Clown Factory? It would make sense why these two seemingly completely different characters all the sudden are considered family and why Eddie has the muzzle drilled into his face,(maybe his jaw was falling off after being burned) it would also explain why he had this quick paint job instead of a full makeup like Jack if he was the first produced clown. It excites me to think that this could be cannon but I doubt they would go with it, what do you all think? Have I got any plotholes that I didnt think about? I think I touched on everything but let me know what you all think... I hope you like it.

I wonder if they'll toss in a Purge scare zone announcement with the Dracula?

I think they might announce The Purge to tie into Anarchy's release on July 18. Untold's trailer just was released so it would make sense to announce it to bring awareness to the maze since not much if anything is known about the film. AVP could be the next coast to coast reveal as I could see it being a big deal to "make it up to the people mad about TWD returning" I wonder if Sanaa Lathan & Paul W.S. Anderson will be involved with the video or if they go old school with their Alien & Sigourney Weaver did end up filming that video after all when she was in town for Candlelight last December.

Not that I know of... But, I don't remember them using an ip for a scare zone that is releasing a new film within a couple months of HHN opening either, unless you want to count the new season of TWD last year.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I think The Purge: Anarchy scarezone is one of the things that I am most excited for this year. If it ends up being in New York Street, then it'll be huge. NY street is a huge area of the park: which means, this Scarezone will most likely have a lot going on. Madness everywhere. ;)

Edited by JackTheREAPER

Not that I know of... But, I don't remember them using an ip for a scare zone that is releasing a new film within a couple months of HHN opening either, unless you want to count the new season of TWD last year.

Cirque Du Freak, that was admittedly a much smaller scale.
  • Like 3

Cirque Du Freak, that was admittedly a much smaller scale.

:wub:

Cirque Du Freak...Had such terrible reviews for the scarezone but It holds a special place in my heart. The movie was alright but the books...THE BOOKS WERE AMAZING!!! Due to me loving the books, this scarezone is definitely in my top 10 all time favorite scarezones, if not my favorite.

Edited by Brandon
  • Like 1

Quick thought on the clown factory house/Jack.

This seems to be the perfect way to explain what happened to Jack after the lantern. With the clown factory, it seems like the perfect plot device to bring him back as a copy of the Jack we knew (as the Jack we knew is still imprisoned in the lantern). He could either be the clown that starts an uprising at the factory, a cameo clown within the factory itself, or the final product of the mechanisms we see operating within the factory. All would work and still keep continuity.

Edited by Cooger and Dark

Quick thought on the clown factory house/Jack.

This seems to be the perfect way to explain what happened to Jack after the lantern. With the clown factory, it seems like the perfect plot device to bring him back as a copy of the Jack we knew (as the Jack we knew is still imprisoned in the lantern). He could either be the clown that starts an uprising at the factory, a cameo clown within the factory itself, or the final product of the mechanisms we see operating within the factory. All would work and still keep continuity.

"We have the technology... We can rebuild him"

You could have Chance spear heading his reconstitution. Somehow making a terminator-esque body to house his spirit. Or a franken clown... either works.

• Like 2

"We have the technology... We can rebuild him"

You could have Chance spear heading his reconstitution. Somehow making a terminator-esque body to house his spirit. Or a franken clown... either works.

Exactly, Jack 2.0!

To take this a step further, he could take over the factory after his resurrection and recreate all his old playmates for the 25th anniversary. There, now everyone is out of the lantern and it need never be referenced again.

• Like 3

Guest kiwisoup

:wub:

Cirque Du Freak...Had such terrible reviews for the scarezone but It holds a special place in my heart. The movie was alright but the books...THE BOOKS WERE AMAZING!!! Due to me loving the books, this scarezone is definitely in my top 10 all time favorite scarezones, if not my favorite.

I actually really liked this scarezone. It was cohesive and well-themed. No, it wasn't really scary, but it was a neat area...and I didn't even read the book or see the movie. Something about that kinda carnival freakshow vibe I want to see more of.