Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

I didn't say they couldn't... I don't think they would get the backing for it.

With the exepensive rights and the puppets for the other aliens in the house I think the budget is already bursting.

On top of that throw in a 20 ft puppet manned by 16 people?

But What do I know I don't make purchasing decisions for them.

I didn't say they couldn't... I don't think they would get the backing for it.

With the exepensive rights and the puppets for the other aliens in the house I think the budget is already bursting.

On top of that throw in a 20 ft puppet manned by 16 people?

But What do I know I don't make purchasing decisions for them.

Well like I said, the queen doesn't have to be as big as the movie version. And AWIL had at least 5 or 6 wolf puppets in the house, but I can see how the Aliens would be harder to build. Also, there is much more horror to the movie than just the aliens. The maze could also have people with aliens bursting out of their chest or having face huggers on them. But I agree with you, the maze all together would be more expensive than anything else in the event.

I hope they DON'T have the queen. They found the private collector who had the original Aliens Queen to use it in Resurrection. It cost over $1M in 1996 (I think) dollars just to fix it up. No way Universal would pay close to that to fix anything up for HHN...let alone make it from scratch.

Now could they do something where they make something that looks pretty good and has a limited, pre-programmed range of motion (like turning it's head side to side while flinging around it's T-Rex arms)? Sure...but that would be a disappointment.

If they don't have it, we'll all be mad about a missed opportunity. If they do have it, we'll probably all be disappointed with how halfassed it is.

I hated AVP so I really only watched it once...but I kinda remember one of my gripes being that at the end when the Queen was outside, it was taller than a crane and like 50' tall or something ridiculous like that. I made fun of it calling it Alien Godzilla. It wouldn't even "fit" if my memory serves.

And they better not have the Predalien or Alienator or whatever that ridiculous hybrid was in AVP2.

• Like 3

If the Queen ends up like the Lickers in the Resident Evil maze last year, I will be disappointed. Remember the lickers? The maze descriptions was like: Can you make it through the hordes of Zombies, LICKERS, and Hunters? There was no horde. More like half of a Licker sticking it's head through a small hole in the wall. If anything, the queen will only be half of a puppet. Probably it's half torso sticking through the wall and it's head moves. Similar to the puppet from "The Thing" maze. It may not be a huge and exact replica, but A&D always does well with detail, so i'm sure it'll turn out really cool.

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 1

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I hope that, if we are getting Halloween, it's Rob Zombie's

Carpenter's is a classic and a great movie, but Rob Zombie's Halloween (and Halloween 2) seem more like what HHN does with their mazes.

Also, if they don't do a Queen in the AVP house...there's always the Predalien

Edited by shandrick

Just purely out of interest, has anybody heard anything about another opening scaremony again this year? Im assuming if we are getting a Purge scarezone we could get something similar to hollywood last year with the Purge siren and announcement and stuff but anything would be cool as even though it was walking dead last year it did all a little more atmosphere to the start of the event (we watched the scaremony twice over opening weekend before we got tired of the zombies and decided to wait in the parks after that :P ) :)

Welp so much for my theory that they would announce in conjunction with the trailer release.

jdw i don't think the house will be like that it might be simmular with other monsters in it

Edited by timbo8

jdw i don't think the house will be like that it might be simmular with other monsters in it

It's an IP (Even if that IP is Universal). They will want to promote the movie. I don't think they would title a house after a movie and have it not be about the movie. There are other monsters in the movie (so I hear) but I really don't see how it translates yet.

Then again I didn't really see the translation of the werewolf but it turned out pretty good.

Edit: Never mind NBC pulled it. Apparently a leak. Theory back on lol

• Like 1

It's an IP (Even if that IP is Universal). They will want to promote the movie. I don't think they would title a house after a movie and have it not be about the movie. There are other monsters in the movie (so I hear) but I really don't see how it translates yet.

Then again I didn't really see the translation of the werewolf but it turned out pretty good.

Edit: Never mind NBC pulled it. Apparently a leak. Theory back on lol

could this be our next house maze annoucement

Here is the Dracula Untold trailer... assuming it doesn't get pulled from here eventually too.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/3300165/dracula-untold-trailer-reveals-revenge-story/

Some parts seem like they could be pretty decent, but other than 1 or 2 scenes, this movie definitely seems to be more action than horror movie.

From what I'm gathering, Dracula is a hero???

Are you guys really sure this is what we're getting?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

except for maybe the baba yaga scene, everything else looks wide open, how could they possibly do any of that let alone the fact everything is big army battle scenes