Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

My question in regards to the clown arm would be... are they throwing out a clue or is it being displayed to throw everyone off?

Well, they DO re-use props all the time, and I don't see a reason for them to bring out old props into construction places, besides to just tease the fans. But my guess is that they will be re-using it in this maze.

Well, they DO re-use props all the time, and I don't see a reason for them to bring out old props into construction places, besides to just tease the fans. But my guess is that they will be re-using it in this maze.

What do you mean, "besides to just tease the fans?" It's a clown prop in a clown maze. Stop over-thinking everything.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 3

A few thoughts (probably more than a few since it's been awhile since I've been able to post)...

HhnRumors list:

I find it interesting that their list appeared soon after Jeramy, Jimmy, and Jeff (further referenced as the Js) posted code names. I, personally, feel their "take that with a grain a salt" in reference to AvP to be strange. Jeramy and I both speculated about Alien (I believe Predator was also speculated on) before any clues were given out. Well, except for Mr. Murdy's code names. Way back in this thread, I linked "Beauty is only Skin Deep" (HHNH's fan freak out maze) to Alien. I also speculated that since HHNH's fan freak out was tweeted about at the same time Mr. Aiello tweeted about an OMG HHNO house being locked that the two houses were possibly a shared property. AvP seems very plausible to me.

Thoughts on houses:

As for code name EVAC, it is perfect for AvP (or just Aliens), and may give us an idea as to the nature of the house. Opening scene of AvP: Requiem is of the Yuajta fighting the Xenomorphs and evacuating their ship. To avoid any noises from the mouse down the road, an original spin on this franchise could be seen.

Dracula Untold:

Don't expect a Vampire house. This movie appears to be an origin story. Since Drac is the "first" vampire, then there won't be too many vampires making appearances in the movie or house. I've seen Baba Yaga mentioned. She's a Romanian myth. Vlad Tepes was considered a important Romanian figure. While extremely cruel, Tepes was also a Christian religious crusader, and unified the region against the Ottoman Empire. It will be interesting to see this take.

Halloween:

This is extrapolation and reasoning from the information presented so far. If we concede that

A - Halloween will be a house

B - code name Captain is for the house being built in Tent 2. (This permit does not contain a code name.)

C - code name Captain is for Halloween.

Then.

A + B + C = D

D - Halloween is locked and will most likely not be replaced or changed. Permits for the Tents and Disaster were pulled on 5/13/14. Disaster is already receiving scenic treatment (sets are being decorated). This means the Tents are most likely in the same phase. It could occur, but I find it unlikely that a house that is completely "built" and being decorated would be demoed and revamped.

EDIT: Forgot a thought!

Nothing is officially confirmed until it is announced by Universal!

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 3

*The big Dracula Untold rant*

ThNdIzNiR, it would be best if you just accept that a Dracula Untold house is happening. All the scources are pointing in that direction, and over here...if a bunch of scources/independent individuals etc. are saying there's going to be Dracula Untold house, then there's going to be a Dracula Untold house. Simple as that. The only way it's not happening is if there's a sudden change, and the scources are good at letting us know if something like that happens like with the From Dusk Til Dawn house getting replaced by the rumored Thanksgiving themed house.

So on that note, with the various scources pointing at AVP, Dracula Untold and Halloween as the other IP's...those are the ones that are gonna' happen. As Legacy has pointed out before, when a bunch of people have the same info, it's hard to deny the accuracy.

Also, calling any IP or orginal at this moment "a waste" is very premature simply because we don't know what the house fully entails and how it'll ultimately be executed. Year after year there have been promising sounding houses that turned out so-so or terrible, and on the flip side there have been houses that we didn't think much of from it's announcement, but it turned out great.

Another good thing to mention about IP's is the quality of the house can be much different from the IP it's based off from. One of the greatest examples is the film Dead Silence. The film came out in March, well before HHN 17. The film was a flop, yet HHN announced a Dead Silence: The Curse of Mary Shaw house. The film for me was so-so, but the house was downright awesome. So much so that it's in a lot of people's top 10 favorite houses lists.

So no matter how the film of Dracula Untold turns out, the house itself could be a lot of fun.

• Like 2

The permit that previously had no building attached to the case file has updated to reveal it's for B79, the Parade Building. That leaves SS25 and SS22(A?) to recieve permits. If TWD is a monstrous house, I figured they'd have started on it by now, if it's going to take double the normal length to build/dress.

Concerning Dracula Untold - this looks like a production in trouble. A 100 million dollar film that doesn't have a trailer four months before the release date; a change of release dates (may mean a recut of the film); a director with very few credits to his name - I wouldn't bet on the film winning any awards or breaking the box office. Could Universal have changed the release date so that the movie didn't bomb before HHN and the possible house? Or are they hoping that the house will be good enough to generate a little buzz for the film?

p.s. - first post ever on hnn. I've been lurking for years. My wife and I have attend last ten years of hhn. What you all do here makes the event that much better - anticipation is half of the event - thanks.

• Like 1

The permit that previously had no building attached to the case file has updated to reveal it's for B79, the Parade Building. That leaves SS25 and SS22(A?) to recieve permits. If TWD is a monstrous house, I figured they'd have started on it by now, if it's going to take double the normal length to build/dress.

Thanks for the heads up!

Speaking of permit mysteries, I have a theory regarding SS20 not being used.

I watched the Tonight Show last night, and the opening had Jimmy Fallon walking through a door that had a plaque reading Soundstage 20.

Anyone who has attended tapings, is SS20 being used for the Tonight Show?

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Could Universal have changed the release date so that the movie didn't bomb before HHN and the possible house? Or are they hoping that the house will be good enough to generate a little buzz for the film?

Welcome to the boards, Grendel! An' to answer your question, I don't believe the release date was changed due to the house being at the event. A lot of times when there's a IP of a current film, the film is released way before or after the event. An' even if the film flopped before the event, the house is still made. (Dead Silence and Doomsday come to mind with that.)

An' speaking of IP's, I'm getting a rumbling or two from scources that the ratio has changed and it'll be 5 IP's to 3 originals. If that's the case, we might be taking a trip to the Titty Twister after all.

Thanks for the heads up!

Speaking of permit mysteries, I have a theory regarding SS20 not being used.

I watched the Tonight Show last night, and the opening had Jimmy Fallon walking through a door that had a plaque reading Soundstage 20.

Anyone who has attended tapings, is SS20 being used for the Tonight Show?

Yes it is. I forgot to post that lol Fallon's taping in SS20 and I'm going to guess that maybe using SS20 was the original plan for HHN if that was the SS first told was being used for 2 houses. Then they decided after the fact to bring Fallon to Universal, so they had to find a different soundstage. La Voz finished filming in SS24 I think last Tuesday or Wednesday which is early enough to build both houses and the SS is big enough for 2 houses so there you go. they already started building those houses in there.

An' speaking of IP's, I'm getting a rumbling or two from scources that the ratio has changed and it'll be 5 IP's to 3 originals. If that's the case, we might be taking a trip to the Titty Twister after all.

With the locations/code names given by Jeff, it can be assumed a decision has been made. Now we must wait to see if Crows has been Altared.

Thanks! I had a total aha! moment when I saw that plaque. At least my crazy HHN obsession pays off while watching TV shows filmed at Universal!!!

• Like 1

Welcome to the boards, Grendel! An' to answer your question, I don't believe the release date was changed due to the house being at the event. A lot of times when there's a IP of a current film, the film is released way before or after the event. An' even if the film flopped before the event, the house is still made. (Dead Silence and Doomsday come to mind with that.)

I have heard that the ratio changed too but could it instead be that the generic clown house is now KKFOS?

I have heard that the ratio changed too but could it instead be that the generic clown house is now KKFOS?

I'd say no, simply due to how on the fence things were with what's planned for the parade building. Both Cassilda and Dr. Jimmy had to hint at both From Dusk Til Dawn and the original house since it could've gone either way, that's how close it was to either of them getting built.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 2

Too many independent individuals have the information for it to not be accurate.

Certain people have certain sources. When a bunch of people all have the same info, it's hard to deny the accuracy.

Too many independent individuals have the information for it to not be accurate.

Certain people have certain sources. When a bunch of people all have the same info, it's hard to deny the accuracy.

I'm assuming this is supposed to signal something...repetitiveness, obviously, but also the use of "accurate/accuracy" and the varying number of people or "independent individuals" (too many vs. certain vs. a bunch)....then there's choosing to abbreviate vs. spelling out "information".

Or I'm reading too much into everything. *returns to corner*

Man, and I was hoping that KKFOS would be it, but that makes much more sense haha! It's been a while since I posted anything but I have been lurking through each page, and I've been growing stronger with the Force of anticipation *said in Emperor Palpatine's voice and grin*.

Now I'm pretty sure it will be fine for two house to fit in SS24. I mean, SS24 is the same size as SS23, and SS23 had Nightingales and The Thing in 2011, and both were great!

One question that concerns me though pertains to the Walking Dead house in the probable SS25, and if it can be answered for me that would be great. If this will be a monstrous house from what I'm hearing, then it can be assumed that the maze would appeal more to the "scenic-over-scare fans" with the enormous scenery that the maze would possibly be laden with. So my question(s) is: if it's going to be twice as long to walk through, then wouldn't it take as twice as long to build? What is the average amount of weeks for a normal house build? Can we assume that they already started building this maze?

I'm assuming this is supposed to signal something...repetitiveness, obviously, but also the use of "accurate/accuracy" and the varying number of people or "independent individuals" (too many vs. certain vs. a bunch)....then there's choosing to abbreviate vs. spelling out "information".

Or I'm reading too much into everything. *returns to corner*

I think it means...

We have had independent confirmation from several rumor sources, and that leads to the line-up being very likely.

I'm a fan of underdog spec, I usually fight for it, but when several sources are stating the same thing, we should take the line-up as we've seen it.

Now, this does not mean anything is "officially confirmed". Official confirmation can only come from one source, and that is Universal itself.

While rumors/leaks/spec can be completely spot on, no one can officially confirm anything except for Universal.

So, take the rumored line-up as extremely probable, but until announced nothing is official.

• Like 1

I think it means...

We have had independent confirmation from several rumor sources, and that leads to the line-up being very likely.

I'm a fan of underdog spec, I usually fight for it, but when several sources are stating the same thing, we should take the line-up as we've seen it.

Now, this does not mean anything is "officially confirmed". Official confirmation can only come from one source, and that is Universal itself.

While rumors/leaks/spec can be completely spot on, no one can officially confirm anything except for Universal.

So, take the rumored line-up as extremely probable, but until announced nothing is official.

Very true points, and remember: the lineup can change at anytime, as it has happened before.

• Like 1

"I am Altar-ing the Crows House deal. Pray I do not Altar it any further" -- Darth Vader

I suppose this is good news for me. I probably won't be making it to the event this year (only second time I've missed it in 11 years, the first being for my wedding), and I'd really like to see the Wendigo/Croatoa house. Perhaps they'll put it aside for next year. Now if only I can convince them to put off the Alien house for another year.

As for all the people wondering why Universal would "throw away" an IP house with an unproven franchise: Dracula Untold is a Universal property so they don't have to go through any hoops/pay any money for the rights to use it. They already have a large draw for John Q. Public to come to HHN with established franchises (TWD and presumably Halloween and Alien/AVP), so they're simply using the Dracula Untold house as a way of drumming up some relatively cheap publicity/interest in the movie.

And for those who are convinced this movie is going to be a dud: I wouldn't be so quick to judge. If a horror movie is really bad, studios will usually wait to release it until January or February when people are tired of winter and will go see any crappy movie just to get out of the house (I, Frankenstein anyone?). The delay from August to October could simply be because they decided it made more sense to release a movie in the horror genre nearer to Halloween instead of during Summer where it would have to compete with huge Summer Blockbusters. Perhaps post production got tied up somewhere and they simply need a little bit more time to finish it. Furthermore, plenty of movies don't get a trailer until only a month or two before release. Early marketing can be a crapshoot that can backfire if people get tired of a film months before its even released.

Does any super-fan know what the latest start date for building a maze has been over the years? Or can think of any examples of last minute big changes? The ones that jump to my mind are the Story Teller being thrown in at the last second for HHN 15 (I suppose that wasn't that big of a last minute change), and HHN 11 in 2001 when they decided to tone down a lot of the gore due to September 11th.

Edited by 12monkeys

I'm questioning where the Dracula Untold maze rumor came from. Were there any specific clues connecting to it, or is everyone just assuming it'll appear as a maze because it's an upcoming Universal movie? (Sorry, I haven't been following the Dracula Untold rumors. Excuse me if I missed something.)

I'm questioning where the Dracula Untold maze rumor came from. Were there any specific clues connecting to it, or is everyone just assuming it'll appear as a maze because it's an upcoming Universal movie? (Sorry, I haven't been following the Dracula Untold rumors. Excuse me if I missed something.)

I believe we figured that out when someone with connections posted a house list with all the house names blurred out as a tease. Some clever individual figured out that once he had identified what font was being used in the non-blurred out parts, he could decipher the blurred out parts out based on the tiny bits and pieces of letters that hadn't been blurred (tops and bottoms). One of the first things they deciphered was "Dracula Untold" which turned out to be a movie being released by Universal this year that seemed to match up pretty well with code names, clues, and rumors.

• Like 1

ThNdIzNiR, it would be best if you just accept that a Dracula Untold house is happening. All the scources are pointing in that direction, and over here...if a bunch of scources/independent individuals etc. are saying there's going to be Dracula Untold house, then there's going to be a Dracula Untold house. Simple as that.

Also, calling any IP or orginal at this moment "a waste" is very premature simply because we don't know what the house fully entails and how it'll ultimately be executed. Year after year there have been promising sounding houses that turned out so-so or terrible, and on the flip side there have been houses that we didn't think much of from it's announcement, but it turned out great.

So no matter how the film of Dracula Untold turns out, the house itself could be a lot of fun.

I have been accepting the possibility that the house is going to happen, but until it is officially announced, am I not allowed to hope?

In my opinion, it is a waste. Not because it couldn't possibly be good, but because with all the ips to choose from there are a 100 things I'd rather see 1st. Answer me this... what ip made it's appearance at HHN before it hit the theatres? I was under the impression that the idea of using an ip is to transport you into the reality of the film/game it is based off of. If we haven't seen the film, in reality it is more of an original, correct? Why use an ip slot for a movie no one has ever seen? Some of you believe that it could possibly be to market the movie. This could be the case. But if it is, it isn't very cool. Does that give them the green light to do this again next year and the year after that?

The movie itself could be good or a piece of garbage. Either way, I know I'll have fun in the house. My only points are that I'm just tired of vampire themed things and that if they use an ip, it should at least be a movie that we have the ability to see in order to enjoy the house more.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR