Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Activists are also considered revolutionaries, and political pie-throws are typically a form of protest. So, we know that's a revolution in some capacity.

What's important is the time period, which we've nailed. That actually eliminates the plague doctors, since they stopped being used in the late-1600s. Plus, a proper Catacombs sequel would be either 1500s or modern times.

Okay... the Revolutionary War, horses (Whoa Nellie!), throwing (pumpkin?) pie, "ahead"... If this turns out to be Sleepy Hollow, I will squirm, SQUIRM I tell you, with glee.

Not that I'm convinced that it is, indeed, Sleepy Hollow (the series, to make my meaning clear)... just throwin' it out there.

Truth be told, these clues are definitely giving me an "Ifrit" vibe. I've heard rumors of an Nightingales sequel, so I wouldn't be surprised...though then again, I wouldn't mind one either.

As for KidZone's future, it should be interesting to see how things are handled. All the reliable scources I know have brought up that's the next order of business after Diagon Alley opens. (Funny how TTT never brought this up, yet he brought up the whole Twister getting replaced by a TWD walk-through with an' enforced age requirement thing...which was never brought up by the reliable scources.)

In mostly unrelated news, Kong in IOA. From everything I've read, I'm really looking forward to that. Not gonna' call it "Kong 360" though, this one's going to be more substantial and complex then that.

I also remember a lady named Nellie once had the worst pies in London....

The spelling is still off... and if it is referencing lovely Mrs. Lovett, the character name should be spelt correctly.

So, at this point we have potential themes of...

American Revolution (Nightingales)

French Revolution (Nightingales)

Sweeney Todd

Sweeney Todd doesn't feel like it a full house concept... UNLESS (crazy theory) it's a sequel to Afterlife. That could potentially be tragic, gruesome and perfectly different.

Or maybe Sweeney or Nellie will make a cameo appearance in an 18th Century set Nightingales house? There was a cameo (of sorts) in the 19th Century Body Collector's house.... although the 18th century was actually the correct time period according to the original String of Pearls novel.

And Sweeney has some connection to nightingales... and green finches, linnet birds and blackbirds.

• Like 1

Okay... the Revolutionary War, horses (Whoa Nellie!), throwing (pumpkin?) pie, "ahead"... If this turns out to be Sleepy Hollow, I will squirm, SQUIRM I tell you, with glee.

Not that I'm convinced that it is, indeed, Sleepy Hollow (the series, to make my meaning clear)... just throwin' it out there.

To take this idea a little bit further, according to the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, the Headless Horseman was a soldier that lost his head during the American Revolution. "If you want to get a-head, look back and go slower" seems to be refering to Ichabod Crane slowing and looking over his shoulder after passing the bridge (where the Headless Horseman was supposedly unable to pass, "Whoa Nelly!") only to be hit by the hurled head/jack-o-lantern of the Headless Horseman. Nightengales in the Revolutionary Road seemed probable to me at first, but I'm leaning more towards Sleepy Hollow now. Good call, peculia.

• Like 1

Either would cool to me honestly. We saw the Headless horseman in '08 but he was very limited. He should get his own house as a cool new original. Would make sense with some spec I saw elsewhere about a statue of King George the was decapitated and the head was sent back to England.

I was hearing things about Nightingales 2 when I was over In Orlando last year at the event. Seems to be in the same bracket has Havoc in that It's a house that has a cult following and would be welcomed has one out of the 3 Original houses.

Either would cool to me honestly. We saw the Headless horseman in '08 but he was very limited. He should get his own house as a cool new original.

I'm kicking myself massively right now.

Lexington/Concord aka the Skirmish at North Bridge.

Bridge!

Ok, so Urban legends house? Just the horseman as others have concluded? Or will we get all the legends?

Where does madness play in?

This clue feels a bit out place, but...

"Short a few pins..." Makes me immediately think bowling which fits the Headless Horseman.

The "Sister who gave birth..." Geesh.

In Fox's "Sleepy Hollow,"

Ichabod's wife, Katrina, is a witch in a Coven which makes her a "sister." At the end of the first season, it is revealed that she gave birth to John Noble's character.

That character has sold his soul and is actually the second Horseman of the Apocalypse (Death).

Though the literal connection be a "Master" and a "Horseman" is a little loose it makes sense. Each Horseman is ultimately responsible for a specific type of destruction, so "master" is appropriate.

Also, the use of "a master" and not "THE master" delineates more than one, and four seems like a good number.

So, it's looking more like the Headless Horseman, but depending on who this individual is, seeming to directly reference a made-up mythology on the show may mean it's IP and not general Urban Legend.

Interesting... I never watched the show (so maybe I missed it) how does bowling have anything to do the headless horseman?

It makes sense though. The horseman lost his head in a war (I can't remember which) .The statue was a wartime victim of decapitation too. I don't know how the sister thing fits into it. The faint symbol of the twin spirals looks Celtic to me... yeah I don't know. Kind of looks like early depictions of a labyrinth.

Edit:

The dominant spirit, however, that haunts this enchanted region, and seems to be commander-in-chief of all the powers of the air, is the apparition of a figure on horseback, without a head. It is said by some to be the ghost of a Hessian trooper, whose head had been carried away by a cannon-ball, in some nameless battle during the Revolutionary War, and who is ever and anon seen by the country folk hurrying along in the gloom of night, as if on the wings of the wind. His haunts are not confined to the valley, but extend at times to the adjacent roads, and especially to the vicinity of a church at no great distance ... the body of the trooper having been buried in the churchyard, the ghost rides forth to the scene of battle in nightly quest of his head, and that the rushing speed with which he sometimes passes along the Hollow, like a midnight blast, is owing to his being belated, and in a hurry to get back to the churchyard before daybreak.