Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

If that one swings away from the shadows and slamming doors scares that the other movies are so fond of, there's a good chance that it could come. It is a very popular series, and likely the only thing keeping it from HHN is the lack of usable scenes.

And possibly rights.

Then again, the movie does seem to focus on little girls which is a huge casting issue.

Hell nah, I got that shit on LOCK. ;D

I hope I never play a female roll again. Lol. Black Sabbath's pink tights and blue skirt and messed up mask was enough for me.

That being said, those sheets would totally be a new tactic HHN has never used before. And as simple as it is, HHN needs new tactics...

Masks and/or heavy makeup make it less obvious that the character isn't a child because they hide adult facial features. Murdy has talked about this in interviews, it's why he did the pumpkinhead thing in El Cucuy.

If you wear a mask or heavy makeup, it covers your face. If you don't have a mask or heavy makeup, your face isn't covered. That's where I was going with that.

Edited by ferox

Masks and/or heavy makeup make it less obvious that the character isn't a child because they hide adult facial features. Murdy has talked about this in interviews, it's why he did the pumpkinhead thing in El Cucuy.

If you wear a mask or heavy makeup, it covers your face. If you don't have a mask or heavy makeup, your face isn't covered. That's where I was going with that.

I don't think we were both talking about the same thing. Maybe I'm just tired, though. But kool.

• 2 months later...

A few years ago, Dread Central and other sites reported on a continuation of the Phantasm series. Most of it was just rumors, but there were very few denials of working on a sequel. Just recently, AICN posted what appears to be a poster of Phantasm V: Ravager AND that it could be released soon. If you are familiar with the films, there is much to translate into a maze and the environments are creepy. I figured that AWIL's very success could open the door to other classic or B- List properties. Ultimately, my speculation is probably more along the lines of wishful thinking. Bring on the Tall Man!

A few years ago, Dread Central and other sites reported on a continuation of the Phantasm series. Most of it was just rumors, but there were very few denials of working on a sequel. Just recently, AICN posted what appears to be a poster of Phantasm V: Ravager AND that it could be released soon. If you are familiar with the films, there is much to translate into a maze and the environments are creepy. I figured that AWIL's very success could open the door to other classic or B- List properties. Ultimately, my speculation is probably more along the lines of wishful thinking. Bring on the Tall Man!

That is a big possibility. Maybe that could be Malcom? I haven't seen the movie (I know, I need to get to it), but if it has challenging environments, not much dialouge that could occur in the house, and difficult costumes to create....Hmmm....

• Like 1

Well I guess we could transition Phantasm into speculation territory but before I make the leap, I want to see a bit more of a push for this type of property. At first I thought it would be difficult to introduce the spheres into a maze, but then thought of a scareactor with one stuck to his/her face with "blood" (aka water) shooting out would work. The Tall Man and minions could be feasible as well. Have a hard time imagining how to simulate the spheres "attacking" or chasing guests going through the maze. With such an iconic weapon, it might seem a waste to have a narrative that is told from the maze point of view instead of from a guest's perspective. Or is this just too geeky. Oh well..........