Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

There's a reason why one of them isn't really around anymore.

Main series

1. Silent Hill (1999)
  2. Silent Hill 2 (2001)
  3. Silent Hill 3 (2003)
  4. Silent Hill 4: The Room (2004)
  5. Silent Hill: Origins (2007)
  6. Silent Hill: Homecoming (2008)
  7. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (2009)
  8. Silent Hill: Downpour (2012)

Re-releases

1. Silent Hill: Play Novel (2001)
  2. Silent Hill: Mobile (2006)
  3. Silent Hill HD Collection (2012)

Spin-offs

1. Silent Hill: The Arcade (2007)
  2. Silent Hill: Orphan (2007)
  3. Silent Hill: Orphan 2 (2008)
  4. Silent Hill: Orphan 3 (2010)
  5. Silent Hill: The Escape (2008)
  6. Silent Hill: Book of Memories (2012)

Films

1. Silent Hill (2006)
  2. Silent Hill: Revelation (2012)

Print publications IDW Publishing Comics

1. Dying Inside (2004)
  2. Among the Damned (2004)
  3. Paint It Black (2005)
  4. The Grinning Man (2005)
  5. Hunger (2006)
  6. Dead/Alive (2006)
  7. Sinner's Reward (2008)
  8. Past Life (2010)

Konami comics

1. Cage of Cradle (2006)
  2. Double Under Dusk (2007)
  3. White Hunter (2008)

Novels

1. Silent Hill: The Novel (2006)
  2. Silent Hill 2: The Novel (2006)
  3. Silent Hill 3: The Novel (2006)
  4. Silent Hill: The Film Novel (2006)

Plus "9" in Development for next Gen.

From the looks of it, its popular and still around.

Edited by Dr. D
  • Like 5

Is Dead Space 3 light hearted? I've only played 2, and it was pretty dark and terrifying. If 3 is light hearted I'm going to be let down.

Dead RISING 3 not Dead Space 3... but Dead Space 3 was pretty terrible compared to the first two. Like Resident Evil it's having an identity crisis and felt more like an adventure/shooter than survival horror.

Edited by Zero56

If we get another year of TWD, I think my brain is going to get very used to it and see the two in tandem. If it weren't to come back for a fourth year, I think id be like "wtf, what do you mean no TWD? TWD is HHN." Like, I would just expect to get on the TT and think I'm going to hear that guy's voice narrate what just happened on the last season and then on the way back, see upcoming clips of a new season. One more year of it and my mind will ritualize it. I love RE and would love to see it, but I feel like Hollywood is in need of an icon, and if it not an icon, then a constant theme or tradition. TWD could be that theme for the next decade. It won't always be the star attraction, it might not even always be a maze or the TT, but even with the desire for variety and new things, I still want to go to HHN expecting a certain thing when I get there, like Bill and Ted, but that doesn't feel very Halloween.

Idk, maybe I'm just talking crazy because I absolutely loved tonights episode.

Which is why.... it would be best to cut it now. I don't wanna grow familiarity and contempt for it to the point where I'll be sad when its gone.

After last night's episode you really think they are gonna cut it now?

dude they released 2 games and a movie just last year and are working on the next Gen sequal..I would'nt count that as not around.

I think Predator probably has higher awareness than you'd imagine. The original was a huge hit in the 80s (highest grossing Arnold action film of the 80s beating out Conan, Terminator, and Running Man) and both Predator films were in constant rotation on 80s-90s TV. The younger generation knows Predator from the AVP films. Against the game franchises mentioned I would guess only Resident Evil has higher awareness.

That being said, I don't think Universal would put the money necessary into properly doing Predator, but if they did, I think it'd be a great maze.

• Like 1

I'm... pretty sure Predator is more popular..... pretty sure. I don't even need to look into it to base my guess lol

In Japan? Silent Hill probably wins. But in America, So Cal, HHN area where it counts, I think..... Predator is more well renowned.

• Like 1

Idk. Around where I am, Silent Hill is definitely more known. Or at least more praised? No one ever talks about Predator... ever. And my friends hated Prometheus. Lol. I still want TWD cut, btw. :D Prob 'cause I don't watch the show, but still.
TF? More people know Predator in general. And Prometheus tbh has nothing to do with Predator lol. I only see a Predator maze happening when Predator 4 comes out. Idc I just want to see Predator at HHN. A small TT cameo would make me so happy. Alien in the other hand, I would love to see 2 mazes out of it. One year a maze based on the original with LV 426, Space Jockey, The Derelict Ship, Nosotromo , Chestburster scene, face hugger, eggs, Ash, the feel of being in space, etc. and then the next year have a maze based on the three other sequels with ridge headed aliens, the Queen, runner alien, colonial marines, Weyland Yutani, Hadley's hope, newborn alien & everything else.

A Predator TT would be bad ass. Set it during a heatwave, add some heaters on the trail, some upside down skinned bodies in the woods where they usually are.

Too bad it'll never happen.

Honestly, if done correctly, a Predator house or TT would be great

• Like 2

I think Predator probably has higher awareness than you'd imagine. The original was a huge hit in the 80s (highest grossing Arnold action film of the 80s beating out Conan, Terminator, and Running Man) and both Predator films were in constant rotation on 80s-90s TV. The younger generation knows Predator from the AVP films. Against the game franchises mentioned I would guess only Resident Evil has higher awareness.

That being said, I don't think Universal would put the money necessary into properly doing Predator, but if they did, I think it'd be a great maze.

I dont think the argument is Predator vs Silent Hill its the fact that he said Silent is not populer or relevant

And Prometheus tbh has nothing to do with Predator lol.

I'm so confused as to why you used "tbh." Aside that, Prometheus is in the same universe as the two franchises (if you consider AVP canon) so there is that connection...

Edited by Zero56

Silent Hill vs Predator... wonder what the next argument will be... Slender vs Nightmare on elm street.

Edit: Actually both prey on Children so I guess that still makes more sense than pitting Silent Hill against Predator.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

TF? More people know Predator in general. And Prometheus tbh has nothing to do with Predator lol. I only see a Predator maze happening when Predator 4 comes out. Idc I just want to see Predator at HHN. A small TT cameo would make me so happy.

I said 'Around where I am.' Not 'people in general,' for my statement. Tbh.

Ughhh you guys stress me out I was just using it to say that predator deffinetly has awareness and wouldn't be an issue which was a follow up to someone saying that it didn't have awareness, and that it had more awareness then (Silent Hill)