HHN 2013: Insidious: Into the Further

Mr.HHN

Just saw Insidious: Chapter 2. Not to make this too much of a movie review, but there's only maybe 3 or 4 scenes I can see being used in the mazes. Perhaps that's enough combined with the original though, but even so, the scenes that could be used would be the same ol thing we've seen hundreds of times. Enter a room and go "okay, out of all these dummies, which is a real scareactor?" My expectations/anticipation for the second half of this maze just went waaaaaay down.

(I originally wrote a pretty harsh review on the film, but frankly, its irrelevant, so I just kept the basics of the post.)

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

I hope there's a room where we push through dummies attached to the floor.. That'd be a new scare tactic. Even if there's no actor in it, just the suspense of it would be a new scare tactic.

I too saw the movie, by the way. :P I say with both movies involved, it'd be just enough to form a maze if they pick out the right scenes. Although, tbh, they can probably make half of it pitched black and blame it all on The Further.

Kursed, yes! Exactly. If they can do that, it'll be very different and id be stoked. I just can't figure it out logistically, but I'm sure they can find a way, if not, I can't say id be disappointed since I'm figuring "well that's impossible anyway............right?" That was actually the one scene I was like "omg, this would be terrifying in person." Hopefully they make a big room and you can just freely maneuver your way through it. Anyway, there was one room I literally thought, "this is just like the church scene in La Llorona."

So other than those 2 rooms, the only things i see being done is the kids' bedroom scene and something random with the little kid in drag ghost with the crazy mom. They could do the hospital too, I suppose, but I don't remember anything happening there.

Kursed, yes! Exactly. If they can do that, it'll be very different and id be stoked. I just can't figure it out logistically, but I'm sure they can find a way, if not, I can't say id be disappointed since I'm figuring "well that's impossible anyway............right?" That was actually the one scene I was like "omg, this would be terrifying in person." Hopefully they make a big room and you can just freely maneuver your way through it. Anyway, there was one room I literally thought, "this is just like the church scene in La Llorona."

So other than those 2 rooms, the only things i see being done is the kids' bedroom scene and something random with the little kid in drag ghost with the crazy mom. They could do the hospital too, I suppose, but I don't remember anything happening there.

For the hospital, they can have it dark, and have one of their actor-controlled scares with strobe lights that can act as the "flashback" and the old guy can totally pop out from the dark.

They can also use Elise's(?) room. The mask is pretty freaky. :P

There are a few things that I'm sure they can figure out to use as a full room that we just didn't fully process since we only saw it once (I assume). Plus using half the first movie and half the second, it gives 'em a smaller range for both movies to pick out the perfect scenes between both.

Speaking of the hospital, those scenes were filmed at Linda Vista... and it turns out I was there while they were fliming! (not at the same time, but the hospital was dressed for SOME sort of horror movie.) I randomly stumbled into some room with boarded up windows and blood on the floor during my paranormal investigation and it turns out that was Parker Crane's room!

087_19275.7edf6f5a29a0a26d4f855fe0070cd6

I loved the second movie so I'm even more excited for this maze now! Although Ch.2 wasn't as creepy as part 1, it was really interesting and suspenseful. Plus some scenes from part 2 will be really cool in the maze so I can't wait to see how our first paranormal maze will turn out. :D

5 more days!!!!

Edited by shark23

During my training, we got a chance to preview Insidious and without going into detail, let me just say the concept works when all the effects and costumes are in play. As mentioned in the Behind the Screams vid, the interaction with Tucker and Specs before entering the facade is really good! Trust me on that. Funny and interactive

• Like 1

The only thing that disappointed me about Insidious 2 was the ending where Dalton goes into The Further to help his dad and Carl get out. I really felt like he should of run into the Red Faced Demon from the first movie before finding his dad. I was totally anticipating it but it did not happen and I was pretty bummed. It would of made it more suspenseful and added an element of danger for Dalton while he was in The Further at the end of the movie.

Otherwise this is gonna make a fantastic maze and my level of anticipation has not dropped in the slightest, I am actually looking forward to it even more now. The second movie has plenty of great scenes that could be translated into the maze. I can see the pews from La Llarona being re used for this maze for the scene with the dead bodies sitting together under the sheets at Parker Cranes house.

• Like 1

I was totally anticipating it but it did not happen and I was pretty bummed. It would of made it more suspenseful and added an element of danger for Dalton while he was in The Further at the end of the movie.

I am kinda extreamly happy that did'nt happen, I actualy realy liked chapter 2, just saw it. And I think it would of activated my cartoon hate if Maul showed up.

The only thing that disappointed me about Insidious 2 was the ending where Dalton goes into The Further to help his dad and Carl get out. I really felt like he should of run into the Red Faced Demon from the first movie before finding his dad. I was totally anticipating it but it did not happen and I was pretty bummed. It would of made it more suspenseful and added an element of danger for Dalton while he was in The Further at the end of the movie.

Otherwise this is gonna make a fantastic maze and my level of anticipation has not dropped in the slightest, I am actually looking forward to it even more now. The second movie has plenty of great scenes that could be translated into the maze. I can see the pews from La Llarona being re used for this maze for the scene with the dead bodies sitting together under the sheets at Parker Cranes house.

Nah. It should've ended with his dad having to face Darth Maul in a lightsaber duel. That would've been the best ending of all time.

**MOVIE SPOILERS**Honestly, I liked the first Insidious better. Yeah, Darth Maul dampened the creepiness a bit, but that wasn't enough for me to hate the movie. I thought the first part of the movie was creepy and really good, until the started getting into that all of that alternate-universe stuff. From there it felt like a supernatural science-fiction film. I didn't like that approach too much. I think that scene with all of the dummies would be pretty cool as they're just standing there and have to move past them. **END SPOILERS**

• Like 1

None of y'all saw the post credits scene? Clearly he climbs back up the shaft he fell down when he got cut in half and he now has robotic legs to fight Qui Gon's ghost.

.... hey, didn't Darth Maul come back in some fashion like that on one of the Star Wars tv shows? Lol

I'm glad y'all dug the movie though. Pretty unanimous in here. I guess I'm just the lone dog that's siding with the majority of the critics on this one. I think this'll make a pretty decent maze that does some new things, but the parts that'll be killer are the Further scenes. And I'm going to guess our reviews will state that the Further scenes were too short and could've been longer to help boost up the awesomeness of the maze in general. Just a prediction.

• Like 2