HHN 2013: Insidious: Into the Further

Mr.HHN

The horse is beyond powder!

Today my wife watched Insidious for the first time. She was in mortal terror for most of the movie but found the red faced demon just goofy and...well...she compared him to Darth Maul. The joke may have gotten old two years ago, but with character design that bad they deserve the mocking.

The horse is beyond powder!

Today my wife watched Insidious for the first time. She was in mortal terror for most of the movie but found the red faced demon just goofy and...well...she compared him to Darth Maul. The joke may have gotten old two years ago, but with character design that bad they deserve the mocking.

see my point exactly the movie is not by any means a bad movie and is pretty fricken scary but once you see Darth Maul you cannot unsee Darth Maul imagine how awesome the movie would be if the demon actauly went for the full goat head giant demon instead of a sith lord lol.

I don't think I've had a single conversation about Insidious that didn't involve "It was great! I mean, besides that goofy darth maul demon."

Yeah...just about any design would have been better. I still have high hopes for most of this maze, even if one particular character's design was the pinnacle of bad decision making. At least I have Tiny Tim's soothing voice and creepy puppets to help me through that scene. It's too bad they didn't go for a traditional goat headed demon...or anything besides that design really.

insidious_movie_2010_08.jpg

She's going to scare the living hell out of me though. That and the seance scene.

Guest kiwisoup

First thing I think of is the scene where he's walking outside and is suddenly inside. I think that's a good place to do a mirror gag, where you are looking at their reflection with a pepper's ghost effect and then they are right in your face when you are distracted.

• 3 weeks later...

I meant actual content. I wasn't expecting it to be so... paranormal. I figured they'd just rely purely on the physical elements, but this looks like it'll be very moody and creepy, relying totally on atmosphere. I hope its pulled off well with hundreds of ppl in there making noise.

I don't think we can assume it would rely totally on atmosphere. It's certainly going to be there, but my guess is that a lot of those things are going to be distraction scares. Not to downplay the importance of distraction scares or so say that the maze isn't going to be creepy. Because oh, it's going to be creepy.

Edit:nevermind

Did anyone notice that the scare in the video on insidious' page uses the same cry as LL.

Yup her voice is added with some other sound effect. i saw an early screening of Insidious Chapter 2 and the scream does fit a particular character in there (meaning the voices are familiar os i can see why they re used it) so i'm guessing this is the second half of the maze.