Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

New video evidence as of this morning!

After a quick viewing of the video, what stuck out to me was that this PS character does sound like a woman... during the point where she gets the call and screams into the phone, you can barely make out her real voice... did anyone else notice this?

Old fashion sketches with dried blood?

first-look-at-the-necronomicon-from-the-

Alright so we have the Evil Dead hint out of the backpack, let's see what's next.

So, there we go. The cabin in the woods of the first video was, literally, a Cabin in the Woods.

Sketches with dried blood? Evil Dead.

We can all go home now. Evil Takes Root has nothing to do with anything and is simply a valiant attempt by Marketing to build. I will admit, it's effective. Though it does muddy the LT waters quite a bit.

• Like 1

Though it does muddy the LT waters quite a bit.

While I agree, we here at the site are probably the minority for that. ETR is for the "masses", LT is for us.

And I'm fine with them doing that as long as they seem to be putting effort into it. Anything is better than just slapping Walking Dead on the site and calling it a day.

• Like 1

While I agree, we here at the site are probably the minority for that. ETR is for the "masses", LT is for us.

I agree... the complications are the attempts to force ETR into LT... which is happening.

Hi, Heather!

I agree... the complications are the attempts to force ETR into LT... which is happening.

Hi, Heather!

From the blog.

"Computer suddenly running VERRRRY slow."

"Okay this is getting very creepy and a little unsettling. Every time I open the file to update this blog my home phone rings within 30 seconds or sobut when I answer there is no response. They dont hang up so I know theyre listening. Its like someone is telling me theyre watching us while were looking for them."

"My investigation continues but apparently I am not alone in my efforts to solve this increasingly bizarre mystery. Someone is either one step behind me or one step ahead. And I dont like itPS"

"Some of you are asking why I dont open up the blog for comments and this is precisely the reason you do not want to draw their attention because they may start to focus on you too."

PS would be a wonderful tool to introduce LT to the masses.

We know little of PS's investigation, but she/he seems very verbose about being watched and monitored. Wouldn't you say?

My opinion:

PS is a combined Mary's journal (house releases) and Boris' emails and texts (hints at a deeper mystery).

Now, if someone would care to give a plausible reason Marketing/PR are spending so much time on telling us PS is being watched other than an LT connection, then I'll be willing to consider a disconnect.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

From the blog.

Now, if someone would care to give a plausible reason Marketing/PR are spending so much time on telling us PS is being watched other than an LT, then I'll be willing to consider a disconnect.

Strictly to build suspense. To imply an untrustworthy protagonist by building paranoia. Contrived, convenient story-telling?

I mean, it would feel counter-intuitive for PS/Marketing to NOT pin-point Legendary Truth when part of the appeal of promoting FFP this year is Legendary Truth. It also seems counter-intuitive for Goth (or personnel connection to LT) or Legendary Truth (of which there are still plenty of members) to be avoiding the point of saying, "It's us," as well. I mean, why hide something you're trying to market? And to a greater extent, why imply that Legendary Truth is an antagonist (stalking, spying, etc), and then say, "You too can play the game where you drive psychologically-fragile bloggers to the depths of insanity!" That would be a crappy introduction, especially when compared to our part of LT in which we are actively investigating stuff.

Also, if PS is reading our comments, then obviously she has read about LT. Why not mention that? If I was being stalked, and then read people mentioning an organization that could be stalking me, I damn sure wouldn't keep that quiet (when I'm blogging four times a week).

Who knows, Legendary Truth may pop-up tomorrow and say, "Yep, we're investigating what's going on." But, I still think that Goth's comment about the blog implies she (and therefore, her game) has nothing to do with it. The reason she would have brought it up (and the way she brought it up) acknowledging the speculation that was brewing that PS was Goth (which we now know it isn't) and that it ties directly into LT. While it still could, I still highly doubt it.

• Like 1

I'm thinking that PS is being used to release houses as well as build suspense like Legacy has stated. Perhaps there is a deeper theme that marketing is trying to get out. Maybe an evil force of some kind is stalking PS and it grows stronger the more that is revealed (contents in the backpack, photos, videos etc.)

Strictly to build suspense. To imply an untrustworthy protagonist by building paranoia. Contrived, convenient story-telling?

This is somewhat plausible, except for this:

Because we move faster than the general public. It's that simple. They need to build PS more before bringing in LT. Can't confuse people yet!

You're forgetting a quote when she acknowledged ETR.

"I know what it's like to be watched"

That seems specifically designed to make us think about who watched her. You know, LT watching her in 2010 and locking down her FB, and making her computer run slow. Wiping out all her contacts.....etc.

PS seems specifically designed to invoke memories of BS.

Btw, Goth isn't a member of LT and is constantly reminding us that BF Ryan won't talk about his job. "It's like dating someone in the CIA"

Goth can not confirm or deny LT's investigations. She doesn't know what they are.

Let the waiting game commence....

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 5

So I went back and took a look through all the posts on ETR since we missed things. Some of the wording stuck out now that at first I don't believe we picked up on if we discussed this please feel free to delete. Any ways on the first post PS says " those I trust say the sound on the video is a wild pig" on the fifth post PS says "It’s like someone is telling me they’re watching us while we’re looking for them". To me it seems PS is not alone on this investigation could PS be apart of the spirit seekers are they still alive or is this a new group looking for them. Them as in spirit seekers in the case that they are dead or is them just a random group of people gone missing in the woods? I don't know their is more to this PS than just a means for house reveals or a connection to LT if they want to connect the two. Their is questions that need answers and only a few days more than a month away from full site reveal.

on a side note on the website the new ETR video took the spot of the Cabin from CITW but what is interesting is when you close the video the face in the clouds or fog takes its place and then fades away which gives light that their is more to this face could we be seeing our icon taken shape if we are getting one.

Edited by HHNChef

I'm on the LT/Goth investigating, provoking, using, etc. PS to look into the mysteries and the horrors of the Woods.

Don't worry, Heather, some of us have your back. I won't repost what you already said because it would be repetitive and we have talked much about this topic on the side. But, yes to all you said in your posts!

PS: Only time will help unearth the truth and the horror released will be legendary. ^_^

• Like 2

So if the La Llorona maze is really an overall Mexican Halloween maze, we should be getting that chupacabra from last year. That's pretty cool. As somebody on the HU page pointed out, there's a figure that looks like a goat on the HHN website right now.

If the RE house is really going to be a think... I'm curious as to how it ties in, if at all. I mean I know some of the game titles have taken place at certain sections with shacks and abandoned locals... but when I think RE it doesn't scream "woods/forest" to me, ya know? All I know of is RE 4, the game, with the cabin in the woods. And if THAT was in the game then that'd mean three houses with a cabin... in the woods.

I mean if I'm wrong please correct me because I guess I'm not very RE savvy; Silent Hill was always my series. I'm sure it will connect in some way/shape/form but I just wanted to speculate.

Also has anybody talked about how in the first video PS says that they they don't have permission to be there and that they are "technically trespassing." That implies that somebody/bodies have to own the area, correct?

Edited by _Veritas_

Do you want it to be less or more associated with the woods? If I'm reading this right you wonder how it will be connected to the main theme (it doesn't scream "woods" to you?) but think having too many mazes connected to woods and/or cabins is too much?

So I went onto Youtube to see that video and a PSman came up on the search... I thought nothing of it because he had like 100plus videos but the connections may be worth looking into... His voice is not concealed but his face is hidden in shadow, he is also in Orlando, He is also going to Halloween Horror Nights...