Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

. :( No!!!!! We enjoy the help lol that's the best part of this time of the year. All the speculation and guessing makes this fun and most appreciate the help :)

well now you know so... Enjoy the confusion that it brings :P

Oh but there is more about the house! Already posted here somewhere...

This is the last time I'm gonna say it.....dissect. the. word. flashback. :)

Fla=Florida

Sh=Shark

Back=uh....back. as in return...yeaaaa....

Dr. Jimmy's Shark In the Dark house, lol.

But seriously, what if that really is a dissection of the word, and since one of the old shark props from Jaws is in the back of the Disaster queue, this could be a location hint more so than a house itself.

flash.... Dead exposure style again? Every scene starts with the man in the chair and it flips the switch and the lights strobe and we go through a scene of a murder he commited.

Edited by Imperius

flash.... Dead exposure style again? Every scene starts with the man in the chair and it flips the switch and the lights strobe and we go through a scene of a murder he commited.

Every scene might be a little much...

so... thoughts , opinions, comments, fan boy rage?

You got the house list. I know we dun beat the poor little house spec horse to death, but what connection does he have, how will it fit, doesn't it seem like and odd choice? I've been pondering this for a long time. lol

He would have to be either greatly exaggerated and legandized (or is it iconized?) to make him intersting enough to have a scary house based on him or would end up (seemingly) a very sad humor house. (based on his stature, failure to comit the crime, etc.)

Now, FDR... there is a lot of fan fiction, legends, Secret agencies, shadow histories, and what not surrounding him. Could it be somehow CITW ties to a secret agencey that FDR started and it is either being investigated by, or supported by the LT?

So... Extrapolating way into left field.

I'm reminded of a game (Nocturne.. and the subsequent BWP spin off) from the 90's that was based on FDR being the founder of "Spookhouse" an American Government secret organization that he created to fight monsters. It jives in the sense that the time frame (1920's - 1930's) fits the same time frame as our killer. Other than that... no idea. But perhaps will lean more havily on the FDR tie.. or completely be reinvented. I dunno.

anyway here is the trailer for the game (actually at one point I heard there would be a movie... but it seems all but forgotten now) :

Otherwise, since houses have been thoughly speculated. What about streets? What do you see happening this year? Will we have set scarezones or will it be roaming hordes again? How will the RFID be implemented? Will they do more innovated, in-park (and even in house) scares or will it be used the same way? Will it be more reliable this time around? I actually would love to see a scare that can only be activated by the card and itsn't obvious. We would have to get clues from the games to know where it is. That would be awsome for both in house and in the streets.

Also a reminder that all info is being posted in the first post in this thread.

• Like 1

Every scene might be a little much...

So . . . we walk into the prison, end up on death row, witness the execution of Giuseppe Zangara, and then enter his mind through a series of flasbacks Dead-Exposure style.

As Jeramy said a while ago, it does appear that we may be missing our dark comedy house this year. Sad news. However, this year's line-up is very exciting and I'm looking forward to it!

^Edit: I like the idea of Spookhouse or the essence of it as an overarching theme. The Occult definitely sounds like something that we could investigate through LT.

Purely speculative: I see the marketing of the event being mostly separate from LT. I also don't see LT being heavily tied-in to a majority of the houses; maybe La Llorona and Havoc. Maybe Flashback.

Honestly, I choose Havoc.

That said, with LT now being year-round, it almost becomes its own entity outside of HHN.

• Like 1

They been wanting a yr round site for a while.. TJ knows Haunts talk to there fanbase all yr round (You can see that on my page) BUT TJ has taken that to the next level and that is with LT.

From my understanding marketing is supporting TJ with LT this yr.. How far? I really cant say at the moment cause stuff does come up (It always does).

Just be happy that they are going to talk to the fanbase more often :D

Streets spec? While it looks like most of our construction will have been completed by the event (Potter 2.0 notwithstanding), we still have the same issue as last year vis a vis the SuperStar parade. Some of the most fun zones I've experienced over the years have tended to be in New York and Hollywood, which is prime parade territory. On the other hand, we still have San Fran, Central Park, and parts of Kids Zone as good places for fully themed scarezones. (Shrek Alley too, maybe?) And I think that acceptable theming can be done along the parade route using props moved in/out after park close.

While I did enjoy last year's street experience interactions, I really do hope they do not use truly "roaming" hordes again. As many have stated, it was a bear to try to keep track of where everyone was at any given time (although the occasional overlap of multiple hordes was quite the blast). But, whoever at UO is reading this - PLEASE PLEASE keep the "no safe zones" in place. That was one of the biggest losses for me as the event grew, and I genuinely loved knowing I could be accosted just about anywhere this past year.

I like Jeramy's idea of the RFID tech being used as a trigger of sorts in the houses and streets. I suspect there will be bugs the first couple of weeks with whatever they try, but that is the nature of the beast, and I'm willing to be patient while all is ironed out. And I really do hope some of our tests and trials will include street scareactor interaction - never know who's hiding that scanner under their cape!

• Like 5

From my understanding marketing is supporting TJ with LT this yr.. How far? I really cant say at the moment cause stuff does come up (It always does).

This is amazing news as we all know that Marketing has had its own agenda since 2009. While making money is a major concern and will always be at the forefront for any marketing team, the hardcore fan base seems to have tipped the balance a little this year. As the years continue, I see the scale tipping more and more in favor of listening to A&D to satisfy and gratify the super fans.

^Kathy, I 100% agree with the no safe zones. One of my most memorable things from HHN last year is the roaming hoards having free roam of the park! I, for one, would put my vote in for several fixed scarezones (that wouldn't be affected by the parade route) with some roaming hoards. Besides being a win for us, this would give free marketing to the event during the day as bewildered tourists wonder why a massive, scary Skoolhouse (just an example) is sitting across from Mel's.

Hopefully, the scarezones tie into a common theme as it does make for a more immersive experience overall. Whether it is an overarching story/theme or simply ties into the houses or other scarezones, I would be happy.

• Like 1

I like Jeramy's idea of the RFID tech being used as a trigger of sorts in the houses and streets. I suspect there will be bugs the first couple of weeks with whatever they try, but that is the nature of the beast, and I'm willing to be patient while all is ironed out. And I really do hope some of our tests and trials will include street scareactor interaction - never know who's hiding that scanner under their cape!

I third this. Using the RFID tags to create a more interactive experience in the streets and houses is an awesome idea.

As for the streets, Also like the No place is safe idea. I'd like some roaming hordes, but confined to certain areas (i.e. hordes stay in certain areas, instead of park-wide). Combine that with some set pieces and props for each scarezone, and I'd be happy.

• Like 2

Yeah I mean i got the whole grave yard thing last year but... I need some variety it the sacrezones. Even if they roam to an extent it's fine. It just is hard to find the hoardes when they are booking it across the park.

• Like 5

Yeah I mean i got the whole grave yard thing last year but... I need some variety it the scarezones. Even if they roam to an extent it's fine. It just is hard to find the hordes when they are booking it across the park.

Agreed. I'm basically looking for a hybrid of what we got last year and the years prior. Like, if Esquelte Muerto encompassed a larger section of the park with theming, and you had some scareacters that stayed in the main area with the set, and then some that walked around in their section. Might not be feasible, both for budget and operation reasons, but it'd be pretty cool to see.

"Interaction" with scareactors and the RFID cards was suppose to happen last year...

i was very sad i didnt get this last year, i remember asking every night that if the hordes have gotten their scanners yet, it was always no :(, but when i did pick up my card they told me where they were at the end of the houses and they said by the end of the week, i think it was a sunday i picked it up, the hordes would get them, obviously never happened but that tells me that UNI already has the devices needed to give them to the hordes for us to scan

I agree about the no safe zones. Last year, one of the best scares that I witnessed was while my wife and I were eating a snack inside Monster's Cafe. A warrior came in and scared a woman so badly she probably had to change her pants lol. She was talking with a friend as she came around a corner and never saw it coming. Priceless!!