Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

The first one is I pretty sure Roger Moore from The Saint. The second is i think Simon from Lord of the Flies and the third is obviously the ice king. I don't know the 4th, 5th or 7th, but the 6th is Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran and the last is Simon from Simon and Hecubus. There's a lot of Simons on there, so I'm assuming its about Simon.

• Like 1

Here's a thought. We've been saying that Simon could be HAVOC somehow or Resident Evil, but what if its neither. I mean, Simon could have to do with the Simon Necronomicon which and that was part of HP Lovecraft's work I'm pretty sure. We know that they have thought of doing a Lovecraft house for some time now, so who's to say its not? But if its not, then the Simon Necronomicon and the Evil Dead go hand in hand as well but I'm not sure.

I just blew through the first season of American horror story in a day and I have to say this would make an amazing IP house! But also looking through the cryptic comments I'd think flashback would fit perfectly with AHS. A great example would be all the flashbacks Tate had about his murders and how he died. Not only Tate but all of the other spirits had these "flashbacks".

What do you all think?

Edited by Ande

This was almost EXACTLY what I was thinking as well as I was catching up on this thread!! I love love love this idea.

To give it a little bit of my own spin: It's the Legendary Truth maze. The design is the original prison theme as we've been talking about. However, instead of the imprisoned monsters just being HHN peeps from the past few years, what if they span the last...oh...i don't know...100 years? 100 years of horror....it's the perfect opportunity for them to bring all of it together. Maybe the LT team has found a way to travel through time and capture these creatures and jail them in this prison...but obviously things go horribly wrong and the monsters wreak total havoc...no pun intended.

EDIT: so I guess this is my guess for the Flashback comment. It makes the most sense to me.

. Great idea love to see this happen Edited by HhnBrian

The 8 houses speculated have been basically confirmed unless they've been changed like AHS was, so it has to be one of the 8.

I think the most solid guesses are:

Balloons (AWiL)

Kevin (CiTW)

Surname (TWD)

And Acrostic (ED, as it fits and the clue replaced another clue and ED supposedly replaced AHS, the main guess for the replaced comment "Eraser")

Silencio fits La Llorona well, so that could be that. There's a character in RE named Christine, so that could be that. That leaves HAVOC and the original house. The majority have related the original presumed prison house to flashback, but what if HAVOC is flashback, considering it's a sequel from the past? That would make Simon the original prison, and i don't think anyone's guessed that for Simon yet. But how could Simon relate?

First thing i think of hearing Simon is the game Simon Says, and that's a game, like HU was last year. Maybe it's not just a prison, but there's prison scenes, along with other kinds to make a Legions house? (that's more wishful thinking than anything, but it would fit the clue :P)

Doc has said that all 8 have been correctly guessed now. BUT:

The solution for one is incorrect.

Now, this was after I posted the following on the HU FB page;

Figured out Simon!!!

Simon = Simon Pegg = a certain ginger's role in 2009 = his role in 2010 = Havoc!!!

So, Simon may be Havoc. I just may have the solution wrong.

As for Flashback.

I believe it's the prison house but I cannot say why.

Consider everything that has been given regarding the original house, look at the specifics of the clues, and then connect the dots.

Similar to Heather, I can't really say how the connection can be made myself (it wouldn't be sporting, either way). I can say that a lot more information about this house has been given than simply "prison."

I'll also draw attention to user status updates. I've seen numerous key phrases plastered on the forum home-page...

Not just a prison? Ok. Do we know of anything that involves a prison that is something else as well? An asylum is a prison that's more than just a prison, for example.

Asylum equals American horror story :D

Roger Moore from the movie "The Saint" The Saint's name (or at least the name that he calls himself) is Simon Templar. I fIgured I would get that in there even though we have established that we are talking about the clue Simon already.

Edited by bberts
  • Like 1

Ok, Legacy saying that we should take a look at the user status updates on the forum home page got me to looking. I came across two that struck me. Both were posted as status updates by JDW. One says, "He wiped the sweat off his palms by running them lightly down his sides. As though he were going to shake hands with somebody... He was. He was going to shake hands with death." This quote is from Cornell Woolrich, from his short story entitled "3 Kills for 1." It is from a collection of short stories in his book "NIght and Fear: A Centenary Collection of Stories." This story features the execution, by electric chair, of a murderer known as Gates.

The second status update said the line "You've brought this verdict on yourself. I hope you cry for the one's you've lost." This line is from a song by a group called Demon Hunter entitled, "Beauty Through the Eyes of a Predator." The song seems to be about Satan and/or Hell.

This leads me to believe that this house could be about Hell. Many would say that a murderer who is executed would then go to "meet somebody" and that somebody would be Death, Satan, the Devil, in hell. There is no escape from hell, it is a prison. Hell could be the literal fiery burning place or a personal hell of one's own torment.

OR

The tie in with hell and a prison just seems very strong and I would be remiss not to say it. Possibly Hellgate Prison? I say this because we have the tie in with Hell, plus the short story "3 Kills for 1" has a murderer executed named Gates....HellGate????

OH PLEASE BE HELLGATE...I loved that house as did so many others.

Its a mixture of 2 houses from the past...

Ohh with that clue in mind, perhaps a mixture of Hellgate Prison and maybe the house The in Between. That house was full of demons was it not? Maybe Hellgate is somehow caught In the dimension of the In Between. Oh that would be sweet....and could make for a great house.

Hmm, thinking on the Simon clue. Could the Simon clue point to the Rune game from the HHN 21 website for the In Between? It is perhaps a stretch, but the rune game was one in which you had to "Choose the order correctly or face certain Rune," as the rules stated. This is similar to the old Simon game in which you had to choose the order or pattern correctly and play it back or it was game over.

Edited by bberts
  • Like 1

But it's not just a prison.

Y'all are finally closer than y'all have ever been, and you've nailed the person who likes to drop hints in their statuses... But you've yet to nail exactly what this house is about...

But it's not just a prison.

Y'all are finally closer than y'all have ever been, and you've nailed the person who likes to drop hints in their statuses... But you've yet to nail exactly what this house is about...

Maybe it's not just the prison, but a whole town? An abandoned town, like Ghost Town? Other than that i' e got nothing on how it can be "more than a prison".