Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

All this talk about Resident Evil - I have to ask - what are you feelings on that? As someone who is probably "old" compared to most of you (mid-40's), I will admit my favorite video game is still Mario Bros. I was rather lost last year with Silent Hill, though I did watch the horrible first movie just to get an idea of what we were in for. However, I've never played the SH game or the RE game. If they did an RE house, do you think it would be based on the games or the movies? Should I start thinking about checking Netflix again? <sigh> I feel so ancient sometimes.. although at least I have long experience and a great love for the Universal Monsters - and I do hope they are incorporated into this year's event somehow..

• Like 1

All this talk about Resident Evil - I have to ask - what are you feelings on that? As someone who is probably "old" compared to most of you (mid-40's), I will admit my favorite video game is still Mario Bros. I was rather lost last year with Silent Hill, though I did watch the horrible first movie just to get an idea of what we were in for. However, I've never played the SH game or the RE game. If they did an RE house, do you think it would be based on the games or the movies? Should I start thinking about checking Netflix again? <sigh> I feel so ancient sometimes.. although at least I have long experience and a great love for the Universal Monsters - and I do hope they are incorporated into this year's event somehow..

I'm not a fan of Resident Evil either. I don't care much for the games or the movies as the closest I've ever come to RE is having the iPod game for one of my apps. I do think it would be cool to see as a house as it would have really cool villains to use in there.

As much as I would like to think they'll focus on the games, after seeing Silent Hill last year (Just the videos), I think they'll only focus on the movies. They'll probably just incorporate the villains from the games like they did with Robbie in SH last year.

I'm pretty certain the Hollywood event will really pay attention to the 100th anniversary, but I hope they pay some homage to that as well. They already did that last year with House of Horrors. Maybe the Usher could make a return?

for ifrits clue i would guess the reference to a phon would mean that each letter should be replaced with another letter that is on the same number, like the old school texting that we used to do, and i would think that would come to something but im yet to find any real world or patterns that make since but yall are a lot smarter than i am with finding words from scrambled mess

So, if the Ifrit's clue is not RE, since Alice and STARS most likely was, I'm of the opinion it's not a jumble this time.

Maybe some kind of cipher? Tried Atbash, Caesar, and 3 variations of another cipher where I used death, sing, and ring as the key.

No go so far. Interestingly, using death and sing has a key, both resulted in R = S.

Attempted turning the letters into numbers using a phone paid.

The search continues.

Search concluded?

Keys to cipher Phone and Plotting.

Using a telephone key pad to convert to numbers:

FORWURCT

-SRITODOV

Plotting as Latitude and Longitude:

Greensville Corrections Center in Jarrat, VA.

Jail birds sing.

The phone would be the one for pardons.

Death would be Death Row.

EDIT: we have already had a clue for TWD. So, I'm gonna suggest that this is for an original prison house. We've seen prison-like materials near a Tent...

Edited by mystiquephreeq

i hve a love hate relationship with it. I loved the first game... second was OK... but I lost interest after that.

I was very excited about the movie. Liked the soundtrack and the first half... then it kind of petered out. hated the second movie. Liked the third. HATED the 4th.. didn't bother anymore.

So Dr. Jimmy just posted this on Tumblr:

http://drjimmyandbob.tumblr.com/post/50588807424

Second picture is one of the monster boxes from Cabin in the Woods, third is obvious, fourth looks like the demon from Drag Me To Hell (or possibly from the Necromicon from the new Evil Dead, little hard to tell, leaning with Drag Me To Hell, though), fifth is from the original Resident Evil on the PS1, and I've got no clue what the others are.

Edited by Circ

Second picture is one of the monster boxes from Cabin in the Woods, third is obvious, fourth looks like the demon from Drag Me To Hell (or possibly from the Necromicon from the new Evil Dead, little hard to tell, leaning with Drag Me To Hell, though), fifth is from the original Resident Evil on the PS1, and I've got no clue what the others are.

Number 7 is easy...
  • Like 1

the picture of the girl is from mulholland drive

1AWIL

2 Cabin in the Woods

3 TWD

4 Evil Dead

5 Resident Evil

6 La Llorona

7 Havoc

8 Prison

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

If this new clue and Dr. Jimmy's picture both hint at an original prison house, that would mean we would have 2 prison houses, assuming TWD happens and follows the third season (which is likely). Or maybe the TWD house would be a "best of" montage of the third season with the other environments as well like the first house was of the first 2 seasons.

If this new clue and Dr. Jimmy's picture both hint at an original prison house, that would mean we would have 2 prison houses, assuming TWD happens and follows the third season (which is likely). Or maybe the TWD house would be a "best of" montage of the third season with the other environments as well like the first house was of the first 2 seasons.

Two prison houses is not the only duplicate item.

Keep looking and the similarities will be there. Of course, there is know way of knowing if they have a purpose.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

All this talk about Resident Evil - I have to ask - what are you feelings on that? As someone who is probably "old" compared to most of you (mid-40's), I will admit my favorite video game is still Mario Bros. I was rather lost last year with Silent Hill, though I did watch the horrible first movie just to get an idea of what we were in for. However, I've never played the SH game or the RE game. If they did an RE house, do you think it would be based on the games or the movies? Should I start thinking about checking Netflix again? I feel so ancient sometimes.. although at least I have long experience and a great love for the Universal Monsters - and I do hope they are incorporated into this year's event somehow..
Agree. I'm mid-30's and grew up during the Nintendo days buy never played video games. In fact my parents bought us a couple systems and they never were used. I'm with you in hopes of a 100 years concept and some classic monsters!!!!

2 zombie houses (TWD and RE) 2 prison houses (TWD and original) 2 supernatural houses (arguabably 3) (evil dead La LLorna (CITW)) lots of simliar ideas all over

Original Prison house and TWD has a prison.

TWD has zombies and so does RE.

RE deals with genetic experimentation as does Havoc.

Havoc has super soldiers that have super strength and deadites also have super strength in Evil Dead.

Evil Dead takes place in a Cabin in the Woods.

Cabin in the Woods has all kinds of supernatural monsters, including a Werewolf like in American Werewolf in London.

AWIL is about a man who turns into a monster and kills people. La Llorona is about a woman who kills her children and becomes a monster.

La Llorona was a murderer just like inmates on a prison's Death Row.

There are more. I just like this one best.

RE, CITW, and Havoc have labs.

La Llorona is also supernatural.

I'm probably missing some.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 2

There's also imhuman soldiers in AWIL.

If Jimmy is trying to to be cryptic, this is bad way of going about it. Seems a bit on the nose...but hey. You never know.

Edited by ferox

Jeez, i post some random images on Tumblr and everyone thinks it means something.

But to follow up one your various theories, Cabin in the Woods also has zombies, both the "regular" kind and a Redneck Torture Zombie Family which is, I believe, an entirely different species.

Like elephants and elephant seals.

• Like 3

There's also imhuman soldiers in AWIL.

If Jimmy is trying to to be cryptic, this is bad way of going about it.

With all the talk of prison props near tents, and the Ifrit's clue pointing to a prison, knowing the Ifrit had already hinted at TWD, and knowing TWD will most likely get soundstage treatment this year:

An original Prison haunt made sense and clicked everything else into place.

I had already talked to people about having 2 zombie houses and 2 cabins in the woods. I made snarky comments about how all the houses would pair up. Then I saw all the connections. And since we don't know what route they'll go with Havoc and La Llorona, there could be more.

And we haven't even touched on streets yet.

LT or some form of game is coming back this year. Knowing that A&D have great minds, I can't wait to see how they weave the story.

Edited by mystiquephreeq