Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

I did the RIP tour last year, though I think it was just called the VIP tour then. I migh be wrong though. The portions you walked we're up western street and around Amity. Being on the lot at night was really cool, but the "ghost stories" and fake little effects they tried were just lame and campy . We did get to do King Kong 360 though, which was a nice bonus.

Overall I think the VIP/RIP tour last year was worth it. The only real complain I had is that they sold to many of them for any given night. When we went to eat at the VIP lounge, we had to wait in a long line, an there were no tables open to sit at when we got our food, and the place seated at least 100 people. The unlimited front of line of all the mazes and rides was awesome though. We got through everything within the first 3 hours, and after that spent the rest of the night re doing everything we loved. We got 4 walk throughs of TWD in, 3 of Silent Hill, 2 of TCM and La Llorona... And multiple rides on the rides we loved.

I did the RIP tour last year, though I think it was just called the VIP tour then. I migh be wrong though. The portions you walked we're up western street and around Amity. Being on the lot at night was really cool, but the "ghost stories" and fake little effects they tried were just lame and campy . We did get to do King Kong 360 though, which was a nice bonus.

Overall I think the VIP/RIP tour last year was worth it. The only real complain I had is that they sold to many of them for any given night. When we went to eat at the VIP lounge, we had to wait in a long line, an there were no tables open to sit at when we got our food, and the place seated at least 100 people. The unlimited front of line of all the mazes and rides was awesome though. We got through everything within the first 3 hours, and after that spent the rest of the night re doing everything we loved. We got 4 walk throughs of TWD in, 3 of Silent Hill, 2 of TCM and La Llorona... And multiple rides on the rides we loved.

Definitely agree with just about everything you stated. While there was quite a few people in the lounge, the food was awesome and we went back multiple times. And from what I recall, a few others on this board also noted the value of using the RIP/VIP Package. If Murdy is in charge of VIP this year; it can only get better! Feeling a little bit lazy, maybe soon we will add links to previous posts regarding VIP/RIP.

The past two years our group stopped at Courthouse Square and Amity.

I highly encourage it. But of course, it depends how much of this changes. It would be interesting if they spruced up the stops by adding an "easter egg" scarezone specifically for RIP, maybe a special stop at Stage 28 or the Prop Warehouse, or a meet-n-greet with some horror vets. My only wish is that they continue the unlimited Front-of-Line perk. That was truly awesome.

Edited by AsylumSB

Since we all know John is a carny, do you guys think he could be using one codename for two mazes? Trickster having 4 different time periods and none of us having a solid guess (unless I missed that in the previous pages of speculation) makes me think he has two properties under one codename. Maybe I'm just over thinking it but what do you guys think?

This might sound dumb or too obvious, but for some reason I'm thinking (if there is an Alice Cooper maze), it will be "Alice in Wonderland" (or for absolute correctness "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"), except instead of the girl Alice it would be none other than Alice Cooper. In (I recall) 3 of Murdy's tweets, he says, "I warned you...attempting to decipher the hints might send you down the RABBIT HOLE and could drive you INSANE...are u there yet? Are you?" and for some reason I think (since he has said something similar to this multiple times) that these tweets lead to some kind of hint, like rabbit hole (the one Alice falls down) and insane (mad hatter). And in another tweet from May 23, he says "You can try to figure them out but be careful, once you go down the rabbit hole, you may never come back. Curiouser and Curiouser..." Again with the rabbit hole, but "Curiouser and Curiouser" is a quote from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Google it). Since there is supposed to be a third Alice maze, it may or not be a coincidence that these names match up... I don't feel like Murdy would be that obvious though in his tweets, although a weird, crazy, peculiar, and scary re-imagining of wonderland would be cool...

• Like 3

Since we all know John is a carny, do you guys think he could be using one codename for two mazes? Trickster having 4 different time periods and none of us having a solid guess (unless I missed that in the previous pages of speculation) makes me think he has two properties under one codename. Maybe I'm just over thinking it but what do you guys think?

Regarding the "Alice in Wonderland" concept, there have been a few clues to this idea...

but it's important to note that Murdy loves Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.

I'm thinking it's a "go".

Also, wanted to throw this into the mix guys,

Could this be the synergy that we were waiting for to appropriately justify an "Exorcist" concept this year?

http://www.readjunk.com/news/movie/the-exorcist-40th-anniversary-edition-out-on-blu-ray-october-8th/

The guy's always wanted to do it...

Holy crap. I think we have a new reason to believe Murdy may have the Exorcist up his sleeve.

I agree there are great reasons to honor the 40th Anniversary of The Exorcist at Halloween Horror Nights. But the timing may throw things off if it is to help promote a Warner Brothers Blu-Ray title.

I agree there are great reasons to honor the 40th Anniversary of The Exorcist at Halloween Horror Nights. But the timing may throw things off if it is to help promote a Warner Brothers Blu-Ray title.
Since Insidious and Evil Dead are coming and now a possibility of Exorcist, this sounds like it might be a year of demons, which is the ONE thing that I'm actually weary of.
  • Like 1