Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

LOL so it's settled, if we don't get a CITW maze , a merman needs to make an appearance somewhere. :lol:

I don't think the person who brought that up, AKA me, should do this, but I think Merman: The Revenge should be our Jaws maze this year... Instead of Bloody Waters, our codeword could be "Merman"

• Like 1

I like Merman as the codeword is pretty awesome, why didn't we think of that last year? lol

It's still way too early to have SOLID speculation or even rumors on Hollywood's event. Orlando did the street experiences and flopped. I don't think that would even work in Hollywood, considering we have a lower lot. The park is fairly linear other than the London and French street. In fact, they don't even think about scare zones or design their characters/themes until June/July/August (and it shows too, sorry but it's true).

So as we know already, not even Murdy or the theme park knows what they're gonna do for HHN this year. Basically, right now we're speculating on Murdy's own speculation! It's not until the codenames can we really narrow it down to solid speculation.

• Like 1

And I seen a speculation video on YouTube saying there wont be scare zones this year but could have Street Experiences? Wtf is that? And I want the scare zones to stay. HHN can't be any more limited.

I'm sure WESKER Will correct me and say everything I just wrote is wrong :lol:

But I will tell you from what I saw, Street experiences were scarezones that had very little props or decoration and where the actors could go anywhere, actors had the freedom to go inside stores, on the sidewalks, restaurants etc and scare people, so no place was really "safe" , They would Still have a designated place to work on but actors were free to scare people around that designated area as well.

Then every scarezone would move so they never had a permanent location, One minute you would see a zone in front of Men In Black, the next minute they would move in front of the Mummy, later they would move in front of E.T for example (that is just a vague example) is like having your scarezones exchange places during the night,

Actors had more freedom to scare and follow people but the streets had very little decorations and the zones would rotate during the night, so you would never see them in the same place,

You had actors in costumes and props in the streets but the streets themselves didn't have a lot of props or decorations, the focus was pretty much on the actors themselves.

the problem is that you could see the same scarezone over and over or not see anyone on the streets because they were moving. If you were going only one night you could miss 3 of the scarezones and see the same 2 repeatedly.

A lot of people got really angry because they kept saying the streets were empty of actors but the actors were just changing places. Some people kept seeing the same scarezone over and over again, but missed out on the other ones.

Because of space for you guys I don't know who that would work out, here the park felt empty at times, but there were a lot of actors in the street other times, it was never the same experience. The cool thing is that it was like a surprise, you never knew where the zones would be, and you had actors walking outside of the zone.

Edited by Mr. Black

Screw that, if we're talking anthoology shows, I'm gonna mention it like I do every single year... WE NEED A TALES FROM THE CRYPT or a CRYPT KEEPER PRESENTS maze! But that's more wishful thinking and I don't think that can even be speculated or predicted at this point.

I'm fairly confident in this line up right here...

The Walking Dead 2 or Resident Evil

Alice Cooper 3

Universal Monster Remix 2 or Mama

The Evil Dead or Cabin in the Woods

Insidious or The Conjuring (or a wild card pick of The Exorcist)

Another original maze

Just a reminder guys, it would be appreciated to leave the "I would like to see this..." stuff in the wishful thinking thread, since that's what it's for. Had to move the Twilight Zone stuff over there. Thanks guys! :)

Screw that, if we're talking anthoology shows, I'm gonna mention it like I do every single year... WE NEED A TALES FROM THE CRYPT or a CRYPT KEEPER PRESENTS maze! But that's more wishful thinking and I don't think that can even be speculated or predicted at this point.

Alice Cooper 3

Another original maze

Insidious would be a cool maze to see. If by some chance it comes this year, I think it would be interesting for Murdy to do. He could make up his own environments for the Further and tweak it into a bit of an original concept.

This is how I see things right now

Waking Dead 95% to Resident Evil 5%

Insidious 85% to Sinister 15%

Cabin in the Woods 55% to Evil Dead 45%

Mama 85% to AHS 15%

Jeepers Creepers -5% to Slenderman -20%

I doubt Resident Evil will come to HHN. The Walking Dead has so much talk. But I personally prefer another "zombie" themed brand than TWD or RE.

I kind of don't want Insidious to happen but with all the talk, it's possible it could :/ & Sinister is a No. But I would love to see the scenes from the trailer where that one kid comes out of the box and screams. Also, the laptop scene where he just stares at that one guy.

I need to watch the Evil Dead remake, Cabin In The Woods, Sinister & Insidious. Cause I'm like wtf?

Speaking of Mama. I need to watch that. And a few hours ago on Twitter, Murdy said only time will tell if Mama will be at HHN this year. And I have to see at least one episode of AHS.

I still have hope for JC and Slendy. I just wish It would happen despite what everyone says that it wont happen and bla bla bla... but ya. At least a Slender scare zone should happen.

Edited by StraightEdge

I still have hope for JC and Slendy. I just wish It would happen despite what everyone says that it wont happen and bla bla bla... but ya. At least a Slender scare zone should happen.

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

Slender and Jeepers Creepers are not happening. Period. You're going to have to accept that. I promise you that neither of them will happen...EVER. The time that HHN will ever even THINK of doing a Slender or Jeepers Creepers house will be the time Six Flags buys Disney. I don't know how many times all of us need to say this, but the dead horse has been beaten to a pulp. If Murdy says there's nothing to work on, then there isn't. We've already said every possible reason why it won't happen.

• Like 5

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

Slender and Jeepers Creepers are not happening. Period. You're going to have to accept that. I promise you that neither of them will happen...EVER. The time that HHN will ever even THINK of doing a Slender or Jeepers Creepers house will be the time Six Flags buys Disney. I don't know how many times all of us need to say this, but the dead horse has been beaten to a pulp. If Murdy says there's nothing to work on, then there isn't. We've already said every possible reason why it won't happen.

Just saying ;)

Well, I finally got to see Mama... I could see how it could possibly be used as a property. There were elements in the film that could translate over pretty well, and the Mama ghost effect were pretty creepy (however too often to much was shown). I could see them being compared to La Llorona if not done right in a possible maze though. The movie also did pretty well for itself, 33 million+ over the extended holiday weekend.

Guys, I doubt Evil Dead is happening this year. I must have missed the point where you guys decided it would make sense Sony would give the rights to HHN after Knotts. What was your thinking behind that? I'm just interested. Also, just started watching AHS and am half way through season 1. Honestly, just the house from season 1 would make a great maze, showing all the murders that took place in different rooms. That being said, everyone is saying season 2 has even more environments, so I can't wait to see that.

THATS IT IVE HAD IT I'M MAKING MY RETURN!
Now! If you all don't know who I am and what has been said in the past, I'll leave the reintroduction for later

To the person who is saying SLENDER(the Video game) is coming to HHN is completely INACCURATE
With that being said Jeepers Creepers will NOT be partaking in this years event
Unless he can without a doubt get me 100% stated PROOF (Yes grabbing the Cat[John] by the tail) that its coming
and unless he can somehow see and event happening that HASNT EVEN BEEN FINALIZED YET HAPPEN
I DO NOT BELIEVE SUCH NONSENSE

Now this is speculation time and not Ranting time. if he has any other words he can PM me personally

Back to speculation:

Rumors Rumors Rumors are floating around carefully and keep a weary eye out, we may be seeing MORE changes to HHN than we did this past year
Due to confidential information, I can only say a few things that have been said between words of....things that are well.....possible

• Pictures
  • Legends
  • Smilez.
  • Torque.
  • Hoards.
  • 3rd times a charm.
  • Caliban = A.W.
  • Art & Classic

Now these have been altered as of 11:33pm on 1/21/13
These arent SPECIFICALLY houses, but remain true to the surrounding areas.
Could it be a scarezone? a show? even a giant TENT! Only few will receive the "calling"

Heed these words as a warning, not clues, not "hints" but......a dreadful.....painful.....Death

Edited by Tmrw

Alice Cooper 3

Another original maze

We basically know the line up. Lol I'm pretty confident with that line up too unless he surprises us with something like Trick R Treat or something else that we didn't expect like Killer Klownz from Outerspace. Haha

Edited by shark23

We basically know the line up. Lol I'm pretty confident with that line up too unless he surprises us with something like Trick R Treat or something else that we didn't expect like Killer Klownz from Outerspace. Haha

I wouldnt be too sure about the entire lineup......

• Like 1

Wait... I am fairly confident we will be seeing either Birdemic: Shock and Terror or Nicolas Cage's remake of The Wicker Man as a maze this year. Thanks Tmrw for the hints, but that was just too easy...

So these are actually hints for HHN 2013 mazes or what? How did "Tmrw" actually know all of this and where did he get the hints.