Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Wishful Thinking

I like that quarantine idea on the platforms. Kinda scarezones, without the scaring. Murdy claims it's a hazard to scare on the platforms, but if it's NON-SCARING, I don't see why it's not possible other than interfering directly with day time guests, but they don't have to be bloody or scary or the like. It could just simply be a tent, and then throw some hazmat guys in there later in the night. Maybe a stretcher with a zombie on it or something, I don't know.

And I'm against getting rid of the Tram. I think that's one of the main reasons HHN has become so successful so far. I think people get jazzed up thinking about being out on the backlot, which is cool in itself, and it being horror themed makes it all the more cooler.

I've thought of a few other themes that would fit the platforms as well... And they don't all technically have to have any live actors at all. The right set dressing to help create the right mood would do wonders to help pump up the crowd as they traveled to the lower (I never knew how long it takes to get down there!) especially if the lower lot continues to basically be an actors only scarezone... This is just all my opinion though.

As far as the tram is concerned, getting rid if it would reek havoc on the rest of the event... The amount of people it attracts, coupled with its rather long length, makes it invaluable with helping with crowd control.

Well... I can imagine HHN without Bill and Ted. It wouldn't be the best thing in the world, but I can honestly imagine it. And considering B&T wasn't present for 2006, it's actually quite possible.

As for TT, multiple routes, more mini mazes, new routes, longer area, etc., all seem plausible to me.

Yeah, while I would probably kick and scream like a little kid, HHN could survive without Bill and Ted. And while I know a lot of people are hoping for another maze, I think for next year at least the best way to deal with crowding issues would be adding another show and expanding the nights. Adding an extra 4-5 nights later in the season would do wonders. If they went with another show, I'd personally like to see something darker and more scare oriented to contrast with the tounge in cheek style of Bill and Ted.

Edited by Stitch_101

One thing i have always wondered why dont they ever make use of the extended queue of Waterworld for a maze?

they already use every extended queue for every attraction for the mazes maybe thats where a future maze should be

WaterWorld is a very popular show, not to mention a big people eater. To have a house in the queue line would interfere with daytime operations. It would be nice to find a way around that.

The platforms (not sure what else to call them lol) between the escalators heading down to the lower lot.

Ooooooh haha I'm dumb....they can definantly put some decor there. Some pumpkins would be nice. Someone (I forgot who) had an idea for an alice in wonderland scarezone in the lower lot which included a rabbit hole escalator. I think that's a really cool idea.

Ooooooh haha I'm dumb....they can definantly put some decor there. Some pumpkins would be nice. Someone (I forgot who) had an idea for an alice in wonderland scarezone in the lower lot which included a rabbit hole escalator. I think that's a really cool idea.

Yeah, there are a lot of great ideas that they could do...

WaterWorld is a very popular show, not to mention a big people eater. To have a house in the queue line would interfere with daytime operations. It would be nice to find a way around that.

With that said, what areas within the park are good candidates to host a maze? Still learning a lot about USH :-P

With that said, what areas within the park are good candidates to host a maze? Still learning a lot about USH :-P

One suggestion would be to move the Terror Tram loading to JP and then have two houses in the tram area. That way, there can be six upstairs and one on the lower lot...or two if they're ever able to acquire a sound stage. Other than that, there's not much other space to put other houses.

One suggestion would be to move the Terror Tram loading to JP and then have two houses in the tram area. That way, there can be six upstairs and one on the lower lot...or two if they're ever able to acquire a sound stage. Other than that, there's not much other space to put other houses.

I really like that idea of utilizing the tram area for mazes... But would it cause issues with the daytime backlot tours?

They're moving the Studio Tour entrance to the lower lot in the coming years and they're doing something with the existing spot. I can't remember what exactly, but it was in the new plan.

As for next year, specifically, moving Terror Tram to JP doesn't seem logistically sound. King Kong worked because maybe 40% - 50% of attendees wanted to do it, as where Terror Tram, I believe Murdy said it has a 99% attendance rate. There isn't enough queue for EVERYONE in the theme park to go through that little area.

However, I do think the mazes can be in the Tram garage while the Terror Tram is still on the upper lot.

Murdy claims Shrek and T2 will both be available next year. So that's 6 mazes still in effect, but NEEDING to expand, the tram garage and/or a soundstage can hold TWO mazes. Doing just one in either wouldn't make much sense. So next year, if we do get a new location out of either of those, that's 8 mazes for us.

With that said, stop operations on the HOH during HHN so those 8 mazes can have their budget not be worn thin.

They're moving the Studio Tour entrance to the lower lot in the coming years and they're doing something with the existing spot. I can't remember what exactly, but it was in the new plan.

As for next year, specifically, moving Terror Tram to JP doesn't seem logistically sound. King Kong worked because maybe 40% - 50% of attendees wanted to do it, as where Terror Tram, I believe Murdy said it has a 99% attendance rate. There isn't enough queue for EVERYONE in the theme park to go through that little area.

However, I do think the mazes can be in the Tram garage while the Terror Tram is still on the upper lot.

Murdy claims Shrek and T2 will both be available next year. So that's 6 mazes still in effect, but NEEDING to expand, the tram garage and/or a soundstage can hold TWO mazes. Doing just one in either wouldn't make much sense. So next year, if we do get a new location out of either of those, that's 8 mazes for us.

With that said, stop operations on the HOH during HHN so those 8 mazes can have their budget not be worn thin.

Wow, it'll be interesting to see how they fit the Studio Tour entrance down there... While bored at work today, I'll research the expansions they are planning, give me something to do :-P

I didn't know the Tram garage is that big... And to me, it seems like they would get use of the tram garage for mazes before they could get a hold of a soundstage. 2 new mazes would be a major advantage in dealing with crowds, but due to budget issues, they would have to be creative. I'd hate it if adding two new mazes drastically effected all the mazes across the board because of the budget being stretched thin. I'd be far happier seeing one additional maze next year.

Oh, and BTW, great start to your polls DTH!

Okay so i was looking back at the old HHN Hollywood event maps... we're talking 1992, 1994, 1997-2000... just as a reference for past maze locations.

Now 1997-2000 did not have the Terror Tram, so this might be the reason why they were able to use that area for 2 mazes during those years... well, 1997 only had one maze there.. ironically the Classic Monster Maze (hello future HoH found on the Upper Lot of the park).

Are there any restuarant locations within the park that are seasonal? or any location that isn't used very often that could become home to a maze? I know the park is limited in terms of space, but it shouldn't be this hard to get creative. I still say that despite "Waterworld" being abnormally popular, there should be a way to shove a maze over there without completely affecting the daytime operations of that craptastic show.

That's what I was thinking Kosmik

But they do use them in the day time at least. I went into universal during the day time on Sunday the 21st before going to hhn and the line was overflowing into that area

That could be a potentintial maze location but not for next year we'd have to wait til all the hype around transformers died down

Sadly, I missed HHNO 2011... Moved literally 2 days after going to HHNO 2010 to Ohio for a year while my partner was in Iraq, so missed a year of HHN fun (hit up Haunt in Kings Island in 2011... fun, but not the same). I really wished I could have gone. I've read a lot of rave reviews of the Poe house. I'm just worried about Hollywood doing it now, because not only has HHNO done a version, but Busch Gardens has done a Poe maze as well... And I personally think that if any writer were to get their own maze here in Hollywood, it would have to be Lovecraft

Edited by Stitch_101