HHN 22 Event Pictures & Videos

Mark M.

Not to be technical... well okay, to be technical...

I've been a precast drafter for 9 years and I now draft the items used to lift, handle, brace and connect concrete construction.

The basic formula for precast is calculated at pounds per cubic foot. Of course, the mix design & curing have much bearing on the final weight of the product. Some designs are as light as 120 where heavier designs reach 150 (pounds per cubic foot of concrete). Using the average of 140lbs/ft3, if you have a piece of architectural precast concrete that is 6" x 6" x 6" (a cube) it will weigh approximately 17.5 pounds!

Imagine a 6" thick, 8 foot wide x 10 foot tall wall panel... it'd be around 5,600 pounds (2.8 tons). Not something you want to lean on unless its properly braced or anchored! (and that's a small panel)

That's why GFRC is used. According to the numbers I linked, concrete can be over 10 times as heavy as GFRC (which can be sprayed onto surfaces with a gun or poured into molds for making detailed statues). That wall panel you listed would be about 560 pounds if made from GFRC instead.

is it just me or are there less pics of the streets online this year than other years? I'm talking in general, feels like it.

I wonder why Universal is not allowing people to post pics on facebook. I remember in 2010 and 2011 I think a lot of people were posting pics on their HHN wall. but not this year. it makes me wonder why

A few people post photos on their FB page but also. Also it's so hard to get any photos unless it's day time or the Iniquitus. Most of the actors are very hard to shoot unless they standing in the right light. Central Park is so damn tricky. Kid-zone is alright but again the red light rotates around every few seconds. NY and Hollywood are good though you have to be in the right spot and wait to catch those magic moments. I search Flick ( http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=rec&w=all&q=Halloween+Horror+Nights+&m=text ) to find a lot.

• Like 1

Sooo tonight, our fellow forum member Corey (who is part of the Morphan legion) got to play with the Traditionals...

SPwSd.jpg

TOO MUCH MOVEMENT! STAY STILL DAMMIT! :lol:

71VfZ.jpg

5ZyEu.jpg

tZQv8.jpg

"One of us.... One of us... One of us..."

H0txL.jpg

was he the one trying to take away the staff from the beast by MIB? lol, I saw a guy trying to do that today