Your Top Most Anticipated Houses of 2012

1. Welcome to Silent Hill (Love the games...never seen the movie. But the games are creepy and addicting)

2. Universal's House of Horrors (Classic monsters? Sign me up.....Been waiting for this house since 2007)

3. Penn & Teller: New(kd) Las Vegas in 3D (Not a big fan of 3D but In-Between was awesome last year and I have always liked P&T....Can't wait to see this one)

4. Dead End (This house had the picture with the "Dead Silence/Mary Shaw" victim/person...Love the mansion style theme as well)

5. Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare (Heard great things from the house in Hollywood last year...Hopeful for this one)

6. The Walking Dead: Dead Inside (Loved the first season...never watched the second. Don't really like zombies anyway so I'm not too excited about it.)

7. Gothic (The reason I scored this one so low is because it just doesn't sound good. Gargoyles coming to life doesn't sound scary... Just weird. Although I won't be surprised if this ends up being my favorite house because thats what happened in 2009 with Dracula: Legacy in Blood)

Actually.... My top 2 are tied and 3-5 are tied as well. While 6 & 7 remain in their spots...

1. The Walking Dead

-For the unlikely hope of seeing a Zombie Carl, and whacking Shane in the head with a shovel. D*ck.

2. Universal's House of Horrors

-For my total geekfest in being immersed in the birthplace of cinematic horror.

3. Alice Cooper WTMN

-Vincent, Vincent, I love you so. I have the greatest of admiration for a showman (no gender bias intended there).

4. Gothic

-Weeping Gargoyles sending me into Depends Heaven.

5. Silent Hill

-To see if I can finally get past Pyramid Head without getting killed dead.

6. P&T Nuked Vegas

-Love P&T, love my cheese.

7. Dead End

-Because somebody has to be number 7. And I'm still excited as hell to see this house.

Ask me again tomorrow, because it will probably change. I'm ecstatic as all get out for all seven mazes.

• Like 1

1. Universal's House of Horrors -- Everything I've heard makes me giddy. Old, horror icons in the black and white should yield some very cool environments, and the Dead Exposure twist should allow give the actors a huge advantage over the other houses in the scares department. Dead Exposure was one of the scariest houses I've ever been in. I have hopes this one can top it.

2. Gothic -- I LOVE the environment and the premise, and what we've heard of the scenes and sets. Should be very impressive to look at, but my concern is the house's design. Soundstage haunts with the big grandiose sets tend to be a run into problems in terms of scares (the claustrophobic environments are much better suited for success in this area, IMO.) But it's nothing clever design and an intense cast can't fix.

3. Penn&Teller's Newk'd Las Vegas -- I like this IP a lot more than the others because it won't be forced in any way to stick to "memorable scenes." Between P&T and the design crew, I think we'll see a lot of clever scares in this one, not to mention a lot of interesting costumes. After the In-Between last year, I'm high on 3-D haunts. Should be a very memorable haunt.

4. Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare -- I have no real interest in Cooper, but from what I've heard of the previous haunt @ Hollywood, plus some of the concept art released, I'm starting to think this could be one of the more creative haunts we'll see this year, both in terms of sets and design. I've heard rumors of a spider-room...but I hope this is not the case....I don't think I can deal with that, might freak out a little too much. :D

5. Dead End -- Not entirely sure what to say. Could be great, but how much do we REALLY know about what's in here? It reminds me a lot of Legendary Truth in 2010. If that's the case, I hope this one keeps the inventiveness of the 2010 haunt but takes a more serious tone. LT was a spooky ghost house. Dead End should feel more menacing.

6. The Walking Dead -- I like the show, but the house will have to prove to me that it (like its source material) can transcend the "typical zombie house" tag. I have a pessimistic feeling that it won't, but you never know.

7. Welcome to Silent Hill -- I get less excited about this house the more I think about it. It may officially be based on the game, but something tells me this is going to be more promotion for the new Silent Hill movie than anything else. And that means a montage house filled with "the most memorable scenes." Yawn. Hopefully we don't see TOO many nurses, though a "crowded room" scene would be fantastic.

Rankings so far:

1. Gothic (#1 Votes= 7) Lot's of love for the Gargoyles.

2. Universal's House of Horrors (5)

3. Welcome To Silent Hill (12) You love it or you hate it. Lots of top spots, but lots on the bottom too. No in between ground on this house.

4. Dead End (3)

5. The Walking Dead: Dead Inside (3) This house is either 4 or 5 on most list meaning everyone is lukewarm on it (Except for Hush)

6. Penn & Teller: New(kd) Las Vegas (5)

7. Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare (1) Last place by a lot. Nobody's looking forward to this one (except the guy working in it), which means it'll probably be everyone's favorite by the end.

7. Alice Cooper: Welcome To My Nightmare (1) Last place by a lot. Nobody's looking forward to this one (except the guy working in it), which means it'll probably be everyone's favorite by the end.

^probably lol

Gothic

Silent Hill

Dedd End

P&T

AC

HoH

TWD

im excited for all the houses this year(but have low expectations for TWD since i find the show mediocre at best, but i don't doubt it will at least look amazing knowing A&D) even if we have 2 IPs and 2 Celebrity sponsored houses(since i consider them to still be original since theire not recreating anything done in film). Gothic looks amazing to me despite its shitty name. I enjoyed the SH movie and know how creepy and atmospheric it can be, so i'm very excited for that house. Dead End sounds like a clone of LT:WE, but is a little different and still looks cool. P&T sounds like a cool concept to me and is definitely out dark humor house this year. I thought the AC house last year at HHNH looked amazing so i have good feelings about our version. I'm a huge fan of DE, so take the concept and add the UCM and it makes it even better. I wonder if they even finished building the house yet tongue.gif.

1. Welcome to Silent Hill - I can already hear myself screaming.

2. Penn and Teller: New(kd) Las Vegas

3. Gothic

4. Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare

5. Universal's House of Horrors

6. Dead End

7. The Walking Dead: Dead Inside

1. Welcome to Silent Hill (One of the scariest games I've ever played)

2. Alice Cooper: Welcome to my Nightmare (Huge fan of Cooper's music)

3. Gothic (I think I'm going to shit my pants in this house!)

4. Penn and Teller: New(kd) Las Vegas (This house will be fun(ny))

5. Universal's House of Horrors (Nosferatu!!!!)

6. Dead End (Looks promising)

7. The Walking Dead (Highly overrated show. Never read the comic.)

1. Silent Hill- Been playing the games since I was young and have always thought this could be an an amazing house.

2. Dead End- Always loved the creepy old house feeling and I am super excited about this one.

3. Penn and Teller- Always have like Penn and Teller and I am looking forward to seeing what they will do with a house.

4. House of Horrors- Love classic monsters. Sounds awesome.

5. Alice Cooper- Never really listened to his music, but from what I heard about the Hollywood i am looking forward to this one.

6. Walking Dead- I have never seen the show, so i am naturally less interested than most people who have seen it would be.

7. Gothic- I've never been a huge fan of the Gothic theme, but I am expecting BEAUTIFUL sets to come out of this one.

1. Universal's House of Horror (really looking forward to this one; anticipation based on how much I loved the similar houses [wolfman, dracula, and frankenstein] from a couple years ago)

2. Welcome to Silent Hill (because I have allowed myself to get freaked out on more than one occasion while playing Silent Hill, I have very high hopes for this one).

3. The Walking Dead: Dead Inside (huge fan of the show...plus, you can't go wrong with zombies)

4. Dead End (I love a good ghost story)

5. Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare (we'll see...hoping it will be good, and not hokie)

6. Penn and Teller: Newk'd Las Vegas in 3D (not expecting too much, but still interested enough to wait in line for it)

7. Gothic (meh...if there's time at the end of the night)

I'm really excited about all of them, and my opinions will most certainly change once the event starts, but here is my ranking right now:

1. Gothic - I am so excited for the sets in this one

2. Penn and Teller - I really like the pictures we've seen from this one, plus this one is more than likely our dark comedy house, and I always love those

3. Silent Hill - From the second I saw the movie I thought it would make a great house. This will probably be the scariest house for me.

4. House of Horrors - I loved DE and I love classic movies, but the other three are just more intresting to me

5. Dead End - In some ways I'm really excited for this one, but at the same time, it seems a little generic

6. Alice Cooper - I'm interested to see how this one turns out, but I'm just more excited for others

7. The Walking Dead - Even though I love the show, in a house, zombies are just zombies

1. Silent Hill - Loved the games and movie.

2. House of Horror - Just sounds amazing. Not a huge fan of the old horror movies, but black and white with strobes sounds great.

3. Penn & Teller - I always LOVE the 3D House...so picking this over Alice Cooper. Usually love the Humor house as well. Think it's an odd idea, but think it will make me very happy. Could end up being House of the Year for me, or my least favorite. Not sure what to expect with this one.

4. Gothic - Sounds really cool and original.

5. The Walking Dead - This was my most enticipated until realizing that the show didn't really have any SCARES that would work in a house. The scares were all about the main characters being in peril...that won't work in a house. Think it's just going to be recognizable set pieces with generic zombies jumping out of boo holes. REALLY hope this is on the UMTH Tour. To see professionally reproduced sets from the show on the tour would be amazing. Think many, including myself, got their hopes sky high for this...but after re-watching the series, starting to see that I don't know how it will transfer from the screen to a house.

6. Dead End - Don't know much about it.

7. Alice Cooper - Have zero interest in this, but it might be awesome if the music is really loud and disorienting and the 3D affects are cool. Also, Dead Silence did nothing for me before hand (dolls, really?) but was one of my favorite houses so I wouldn't be shocked at all if this jumped to the top of my list if it surprises me and uses the 3D really well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Week Later Update:

1. The Walking Dead - the BTS photos and revelation of the car outside has moved this waaaaaaay up my list
  2. Silent Hill - holding steady
  3. House of Horrors - holding steady
  4. Penn & Teller - holding steady
  5. Dead End - Pleasantly surprised with recent developments
  6. Gothic - the costumes they've leaked are disappointing
  7. Alice Cooper - OK, so I wrongly thought this was 3D as well. Over all, including all the scare zones and shows, this is at the very bottom of my list tied with the 20penny circus.
Edited by Oysterhead00

1. Universal's House of Horrors (Hoping for a CFTBL room, plus it's the classics!)

2. The Walking Dead (Great show, I hope the makeup will be amazing, especially if Bicycle Girl is featured)

3. Gothic (Interesting original concept, the set design looks awesome)

4. Silent Hill (Seeing the movie and the game makes this house look to be intense)

5. Penn & Teller (Sounds like a good route for the 3D/dark comedy house)

6. Dead End (Seems kind of plain from the description, but hoping for more)

7. Alice Cooper (I saw the video for the Hollywood house and I wasn't a huge fan)

7. Alice Cooper - Have zero interest in this, but it might be awesome if the music is really loud and disorienting and the 3D affects are cool. Also, Dead Silence did nothing for me before hand (dolls, really?) but was one of my favorite houses so I wouldn't be shocked at all if this jumped to the top of my list if it surprises me and uses the 3D really well.

well I can tell you the 3D effects wont be cool and they wont be using the 3D really well :D ... because there won't be any 3D to use at all in this house, it's not in 3D. Alice Cooper is 3D in hollywood, but not in Orlando. Each event has one 3D house only, theirs is Alice Cooper, but for us in Orlando it's Penn and Teller.

1.) Gothic (From the tour that happened, this one seems amazing)

2.) Dead End (Honestly tied with Gothic. I love haunted houses/ghost stories. I'm sure this will be an improvement of the already cool LT from 2010)

3.) Silent Hill (I don't know why, I feel this will be the scariest. I feel like it will be very dark, gory, and have a very metal based facade like Saws N Steam from last year)

4.) House of Horrors (Very excited for this one as well. I never got to go into DE, so with it being done in that style with Nosferatu is awesome)

5.) Penn & Teller (I love 3D houses. I think this one will be funny, dark, and be very visualy appealing)

6.) Alice Cooper (I think this one will still be very cool as well. Honestly this one is here because the other houses appeal to me a bit more, but that doesn't mean I think this house is going to suck, 'cause I don't)

7.) The Walking Dead (Never seen the show. Regardless, I hate how this house has consumed the event via the TV commercial and the website. Talk about overrated. Like it seriously pisses me off. I'm sure this house is going to be great! :D But that doesn't change the fact I kind of want to punch it in the face)

Edited by TsunamiFox