Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2012 Discussion

I know I'm apparently in the minority here, but if Walking Dead does come back taking place in season 3 (Which I have yet to see), I won't be thrilled about it. I mean, if it does come back as a brand new maze, I won't be throwing a fit like I did when they brought back Saw and HoTC, but wouldn't you rather see a brand-new haunted house that is completely original? Not only would you be exposed to new environments that you have not seen in a television show or movie (Enhancing the surprise factor), but Murdy would have a bigger budget to work with as they would not have to pay licensing fees to AMC.

Let's not forget: USH LOVES to reuse sets and props (The hanging bodies in Silent Hill and Alice, the electric chair, walls, and babies in Alice, the creatures from the Thing reused in La Llorona, etc.). They'll probably repurpose quite a few sets from Hostel and Silent Hill (The fences) and they could save money there from the licensing fees. It would feel way to much like a mixed bag of the same mazes Universal has been giving us the past fews year, which I'm tired of. I want to see more innovative and out-of-the-box concepts than more IPs.

If AMC forces them to make it the Terror Tram again, then I would certainly not be up for a Walking Dead sequel house.

I don't want it in the Despicable venue. I feel like something more original and "epic" could go in there. If it HAD to return, I would say the Mummy venue would do.

If they were to bring back The Walking Dead based off the prison it would be a new maze with new environments. Also, about original vs IP- looking at The Walking Dead maze compared to the Alice Cooper maze, AC looked great in 3D but TWD is much scarier. I love seeing movie/tv based mazes because yes you do know what environments are going to be in there- but it doesn't mean you aren't going to get scared. You just will experience what you watched, and if your a huge fan of the IP then it makes the maze extra special. And it'd be no doubt an awesome sequel maze.

And the prison facade wouldn't fit in the Mummy venue. I could see it going back to the WWW venue or Despicable Me venue.

Boat you say?

Alice Cooper Vs. Jaws: Bigger Boat Necessary

That was the most perfect set up of all time. I knew that Jaws joke would lead to something. Haven't laughed that hard in like a month haha

MURDY MUST BE INFORMED!!!!

If they were to bring back The Walking Dead based off the prison it would be a new maze with new environments. Also, about original vs IP- looking at The Walking Dead maze compared to the Alice Cooper maze, AC looked great in 3D but TWD is much scarier. I love seeing movie/tv based mazes because yes you do know what environments are going to be in there- but it doesn't mean you aren't going to get scared. You just will experience what you watched, and if your a huge fan of the IP then it makes the maze extra special. And it'd be no doubt an awesome sequel maze.

And the prison facade wouldn't fit in the Mummy venue. I could see it going back to the WWW venue or Despicable Me venue.

I love the IP mazes too. I think if you're going to HHN Hollywood expecting something else or disappointed that it's not doing something else, then you're going to the wrong park for Halloween. The brand is IP and that's what gets more and more people to go every year. Sure they have a big enough fanbase to survive even without them, but as the FB page said last year, "we want more and more people to come and experience this cool event." And Hollywood has discovered that IPs do pull in just that.

idk if you guys have check Johns twitter but someone asked him to bring back walking dead next year and he said something about prison so im guessing its gonna be back

I think we said this a page or two back... lol

Edited by DTH316

Well ive never seen AHS might watch it Today. From TWD I wasent a huge fan but I saw season 1 and season 2 (only 2 episodes) but I cant see TWD now because I have Dish. Anyway I wouldn't mind seeing AC for a finnal time I would want to see it off Brutal Planet or Dragonstown. But I really REALLY want to see Resident Evil and I can see an extremely scary slender man terror tram.

Why not have both settings in one maze :)

Not sure how exactly that would work... With the two seasons being stand alone plot with no connections, I think it would be a little jarring to go from "creepy house" to "hey now we are in an asylum" without any really story line linking the two locations together... Or maybe I'm just totally over thinking it and people would love to see both!

True, maybe there can be some type of transitional hallway or scene that lets you know your going from one story to another. You could walk through the backyard of the Murder house which kindof gradually morphs into the forest outside of the Brookheaven asylum (i think thats the name of it).. Or they could just pull a silent hill and put a different scene from both seasons.

The asylum story is actually in the past, so it'd probably have to transition from there to the house. I'm sure the show will find a way to link the two together eventually, and whatever that link may be, hopefully that can be used for the maze; if it were to ever happen.

The asylum story is actually in the past, so it'd probably have to transition from there to the house. I'm sure the show will find a way to link the two together eventually, and whatever that link may be, hopefully that can be used for the maze; if it were to ever happen.

I don't think there's going to be a link between the two. :huh: Didn't they say they're both completely separate plots and they're even using some of the same actors as completely different characters in the show which would make it impossible to link season 1 and 2?

^ From what I've read, they did say there would be hints and allusions to the first season, as if the stories took place in the same "universe" so to speak, but that the over all story lines would not cross at all and would stand as completely separate stories. That's how I've understood it anyways. The creators want each season to represent a different aspect of the horror genre. The first was a take on the "haunted house" archetype. This season they said they wanted to ground it in the horror that man is capable of. They said that's why they choose to create whole new story lines for each season, so they could take more creative liberties with the story lines and not get bogged down in a series mythology.

^ I think it could be interesting. Just don't be expecting any ghost's this year... Although from what I've heard, one of the side stories is about alien abduction... Or at least one of the patients believing that one happened. I expect a lot of the "scary" stuff to come in the form of how the different patients have lost their grip on reality... Of course that's me just speculating.

Edited by Stitch_101