Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2012 Discussion

Yeah. It seems like they are mixing a lot of interesting ideas together this season... I'm really excited. If anything, watching Jessica Lange tear it up on screen will be a blast. She was incredible last season.

Back on a HHN topic, I am already really interested in what ideas they bring together for next year. I know they said they have already had a lot of calls, from producers or studio heads I'm assuming, about properties that want in. Although, and maybe this is from my days back in HHNO as I know HHNH is more known for the movie mazes, I wouldn't mind seeing them expand on what they did with La Llorona and create more original mazes. Maybe up it to 2 for next year... But that's just me..

^if they still want to stick with legends and myths for original mazes, I think the wendigo would be a great character to use.

I love that idea... They could also incorporate other Native American myths and legends into the maze as well. It would something I know most haven't seen... I know I haven't .

I had a wild idea for the Terror Tram the other day...

Scaring on the trams have been a big no-no thus far. And that really is a bummer. But what if... they weren't trams?

I think with all that space down there where the tram actually drives through is such a wasted opportunity.

So this is my new proposal:

Terror Tram Hay Ride

Aboard a Hay Ride fit for 20 or so. Get dozens upon dozens of vehicles.

The moment you disembark, the scaring begins all the way down the hill until you reach Whoville.

From there, you deboard (by creative means, hopefully) and are on the usual path where you must walk the rest of the way.

Find your way back to your hayride and the scaring continues back up the hill.

That would be interesting idea... But you would need a LOT of vehicles to amount of people the trams can haul... And you would have to space them out enough so no one hayride can see the scares coming at the hayride in front of them, which might also cut down on amount of people they can push through. If they could make it work, I would love it though... I love a good haunted hayride :-)

I love that idea... They could also incorporate other Native American myths and legends into the maze as well. It would something I know most haven't seen... I know I haven't .

that sounds really cool, do you know any other Native American myths they could do? The wendigo is really the only one I know haha I guess they could re purpose the snake in AC and turn it into a thunderbird. They could even take it a step further and dive into mesoamerican cultures like the Mayans or aztecs

I had a wild idea for the Terror Tram the other day...

Scaring on the trams have been a big no-no thus far. And that really is a bummer. But what if... they weren't trams?

I think with all that space down there where the tram actually drives through is such a wasted opportunity.

So this is my new proposal:

Terror Tram Hay Ride

Aboard a Hay Ride fit for 20 or so. Get dozens upon dozens of vehicles.

The moment you disembark, the scaring begins all the way down the hill until you reach Whoville.

From there, you deboard (by creative means, hopefully) and are on the usual path where you must walk the rest of the way.

Find your way back to your hayride and the scaring continues back up the hill.

sounds really cool, this would fit perfectly if they ever did a jeepers creepers terror tram.

Or the hills have eyes

^ Well I also know of the Skin Walkers... Sort of the Native American version of a werewolf, although they can transform to many different creatures. And different tribes have different stories about evil spirit, witches, ect... There is a lot of material to choose from.

I had an idea for a theme for the Terror Tram, one that would a bit of a departure from the typical terror tram and based loosely on the Croatoan mystery... It would be called "The Raven's Brook Ghost Tour." Build up a back story about a small village named Raven's Brook (or really any name you can come up with) whose location was where part of the Universal Backlot now stands. In 1863, one Saturday night, all the residents of the town vanish without a trace leaving food cooking, church clothes laid out, ect. As you board the tram, you are told that you are going to travel to where it is said the village once stood, now considered to be haunted according to the crews who work in the Universal Backlot, to participate in a rare ghost hunt! As you travel on the tram, the video playing would be a faux documentary about the town, with "experts" giving there opinion on what happened to the residents of the town, as well as park employees recounting tales of the haunting they have experienced in the area... Once you are let off the tram, you find yourself enveloped in fog, and it's dead silent... Then out of the darkness, you hear a scream. As you are ushered forward through the backlot, you begin to experience what the villagers did 150 years ago... Demon's have been unleashed, coming forth every 150 to claim a sacrifice and build there power by harvesting souls...

And that's about as far as I've gotten with it so far lol.

Edited by Stitch_101

Slender isn't as well known as people on the internet seem to think it is. It also wouldnt translate well to a maze in general or an HHN style maze in particular. And while Tram might be a slightly better fit for it, it still wouldnt work well. Now.. maybe having ONE Slenderman character on the tram might be okay and kinda cool. (I also dont find the game scary, but thats because I get annoyed with it before I can get to any scary part)

Edited by Trevler

^ I agree. The mythology behind slender man gives really little to build off of in terms of expanding it to the terror tram. I could see them maybe taking liberties with the story and building onto it to possibly create a maze, but I think the slender man myth just isnt strong or cinematic enough to carry the larger scope the scenes in the backlot can create.

Edited by Stitch_101

Unfortunately, the whole idea behind Der Ritter is false. The only time Der Ritter appears in any German history is said to be in a woodcut from woodcut artist Hans Freckenberg in the sixteenth century. The problem with that? There never was a German woodcut artist named Hans Freckenberg and the supposed woodcut's turned out to be just photoshopped pictures of another real woodcut. While there might be some history to the Slender man out there, the legend of Der Ritter is nothing more then modern slender man fans trying to invent more of a backstory for him.

Edited by Stitch_101

I'm pretty sure the background for Slenderman is 'Photoshop jokes from the Something Awful Forums!'

Slenderman comes from the same place most every other notable meme originates - the fertile, twisted /b/ boy imaginations of 4chan. lol

I personally would like to see a Basement Cat themed maze. :P

Back on subject (kinda): Has anyone here been lucky and able to score SH loot from the mailman?