Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2012 Discussion

From twitter

Wow Universal Monsters Remix continues to shock me with their high guest ratings. I always have a good time in that maze, thanks cast!

Kind of getting the repeat vibe from this. If UMR returns...I wouldn't mind. Pretty good deal if hog becomes the repeat maze.

*hoh

2013- Universal Monsters Remix: Gangnam Style :lol:

Im not sure if anyone has brought this up, but about the dropped prperty "Amok", the term "Running Amok" means to beasically go on a killing spree.

directly from wikipedia(i know, not the best source): Running amok, sometimes referred to as simply amok[1] (also spelled amuk, from the Malay meaning "mad with uncontrollable rage") is a term for a killing spree perpetrated by an individual out of rage or resentment over perceived mistreatment.

I think it was being discussed on here but I'm not too sure. Anywho --

@HorrorNights How late does the Terror Tram run on Halloween night? The same as the weekend hours, or the same as the Thursday hours? Thanks

@upsidown It will be till midnight that day

TT didn't close early last year on Halloween either. Does the city let them slide for this one weekday only or something?

Just saw the Walking Dead Season 3 premiere. No doubt in my mind this will be back next year. I can already imagine walking up to a large prison facade and making the way through the gates, through the field and into the building with dark hallways. I'm totally up for it as long as the maze is more than 70% new.

Just saw the Walking Dead Season 3 premiere. No doubt in my mind this will be back next year. I can already imagine walking up to a large prison facade and making the way through the gates, through the field and into the building with dark hallways. I'm totally up for it as long as the maze is more than 70% new.

I agree this is the first time I ever wanted a maze to be repeated and hope is repeated

No need for a repeat, the maze could be entirely new. I just hope the terror tram isn't still walking dead, even though I LOVED the tram this year. I'm still waiting to put up my review because I'm going again on the 18th and want to form a better opinion on things, but I think this year is the best tram ever.

Yes, new maze but CHANGE the Tram. I think the Tram needs to change EVERY year as it has been.

And if it all possible, a new venue as well, just to make it feel a bit more fresh. I think a good location would be the T2..... *tears* I mean... the Mayhem venue.

Perfect title. Done. Make it happen Murdy.

I know I'm apparently in the minority here, but if Walking Dead does come back taking place in season 3 (Which I have yet to see), I won't be thrilled about it. I mean, if it does come back as a brand new maze, I won't be throwing a fit like I did when they brought back Saw and HoTC, but wouldn't you rather see a brand-new haunted house that is completely original? Not only would you be exposed to new environments that you have not seen in a television show or movie (Enhancing the surprise factor), but Murdy would have a bigger budget to work with as they would not have to pay licensing fees to AMC.

Let's not forget: USH LOVES to reuse sets and props (The hanging bodies in Silent Hill and Alice, the electric chair, walls, and babies in Alice, the creatures from the Thing reused in La Llorona, etc.). They'll probably repurpose quite a few sets from Hostel and Silent Hill (The fences) and they could save money there from the licensing fees. It would feel way to much like a mixed bag of the same mazes Universal has been giving us the past fews year, which I'm tired of. I want to see more innovative and out-of-the-box concepts than more IPs.

Yes, new maze but CHANGE the Tram. I think the Tram needs to change EVERY year as it has been.

And if it all possible, a new venue as well, just to make it feel a bit more fresh. I think a good location would be the T2..... *tears* I mean... the Mayhem venue.

If AMC forces them to make it the Terror Tram again, then I would certainly not be up for a Walking Dead sequel house.

I don't want it in the Despicable venue. I feel like something more original and "epic" could go in there. If it HAD to return, I would say the Mummy venue would do.

way I see it this is the only time we on the forum want to see a return property since it will have new enviroments

The prison, Fence maze, pitch black prison block, Woodsburry, ect.

and it can also focus on how the humans are more the monsters then the walkers as someone who read the comics I can see this being the best of Repeats we would ever have and one maze *Assuming and hoping Alice Copper does not return* one repeat and 5 new mazes and new tram would be pretty awsome.

I think Alice Cooper has the second highest chances of returning, considering Murdy wants to finish out the trilogy. Considering ACGTH was 97% different from WTMN, if it was of the same caliber and in a different venue, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him finish the trilogy. If he can really tackle down the scare factor, he'd really be onto something! If next year was Walking Dead: Season 3, Alice Cooper Goes to Space, another original maze and 2 movie/TV/game properties, plus the HoH, I think that'd be a decent line up. Also, don't know if anyone caught Murdy's subtle hint that next year will have more mazes. I think he said something along the lines of "we pretty much have to [expand] now." So 7 mazes, 2 being semi-repeats and the HoH, it really ain't that bad.