HHN 2012: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law

WESKER69

^ I thought the same thing as I was watching a tour given in Silent Hill and Alice Cooper.

Murdy was giving away the audio cues for scares and telling the tour exactly where the scareactors would be coming from. I had to stop watching videos because I was like "AH! I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!" Lol.

There is plenty of behind the scene insight on those tours Murdy is doing. Actually, maybe a little too much if you ask me.

I've been feeling tha same, there was a lot of leaked info before mazes were announced and all these media previews are showing the mazes. It kinda ruins it for me. To me it was better when no info was sent out and it made the anticipation that much better. Now it will be sort of "oh yeah I saw this part in the preview", I know it will be different with the lights and actors but this is just my opinion.

There is plenty of behind the scene insight on those tours Murdy is doing. Actually, maybe a little too much if you ask me.

What I meant was their was no "behind the scenes" aspects. Where they show concept art, elevations floor plans, treatments and how they build and design the mazes like they did in 2008/2009 and sort of did in 2010. Last year they were just publicity videos. I like the insight Murdy gives, a little too much is agreed upon, but I really like the design aspect of the Behind the Screams videos. /rant

oh sweet mercifull god why!

1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg

1. Trey Songz is in it

2. did they set it in modern time?

and finaly

3. It's Hipster Leatherface!

Thank god John is making the maze based off the original. This looks horrible. <_< Hopefully, it's just the trailer that is bad and the movie is actually good. But I doubt it since most remakes lately have been blah.

Edited by shark23

(borderline OT, but I route it back to on topic at the end)

Not a remake. A sequel to the original.

I only watched the second half of the trailer, and on mute at that (in order to fully experience it on the big screen), but this does look way too damn modern.

You'd think with modern advances in technology, we'd understand that reverting back to the certain look and tone the original had would be the best route in order to truly convey this is apart of the same canon.

This honestly looks like (from what I could tell on how it was photographed and from the look of the action) its apart of the remake series, just with some funkiness thrown in, while still trying to be just as scary as the remake series (if that makes any sense at all).

There's some really puzzling things I saw... like Leatherface's costume in the freeze frame default before you click play. As Grind said, "hipster Leatherface." Then there's an amusement park/carnival in the background in one shot. And then there's the case of Leatherface's chainsaw, which is just WTF big.

It just doesn't look like they took the care to replicate any of the elements from the original; although it is in modern times, it should still FEEL like it's apart of the same series. But then again, of the slashers, I'd say TCM has the most fucked up series so maybe it just doesn't matter.

With all that said, I still think we're gonna see this next year to replace Saw is the Law.

From the amusement park thing, it just seems like they'll reuse some of the sets from ACGTH and Silent Hill to throw into the maze.

With God knows whatever else they'll dig up.

This doesn't have much to do with the trailer, but I'm not much excited for this maze anymore.

From the pix, which seemed very bare (last maze to be made, so I'm giving it a slight benefit of the doubt), it doesn't appear to have that menacing feel to the maze. Lighting and sound are everything, but design-wise, I'm already like "eh."

I have a sad feeling this might turn out to be a dud. And then we'll have to suffer through another reincarnation of it next year with 2013's sequel. - _ -

But again........ that's just a hunch.

Let's try to refocus our discussion towards the maze instead of the new movie since this thread is just for the maze. Thanks guys!

I'm really starting to question now if we are going to go inside the gas station in the haunted house.

i can confirm that we are i have seen photos of it actually ima try to look em up for you