HHN 2012: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law

WESKER69

Well, we all knew this would happen for this year ever since the beginning of last year's event. lol

Keep in mind that this was the last-minute replacement for AMOK. I have a bad feeling a LOT of sets props are going to be re-purposed for this haunted house. Heck, it might feel like a mix of F13 and TCM 1.0 I predict.

Putting the negative expectations aside, I'm looking forward to seeing this as I never go to see the original house.

Well, we all knew this would happen for this year ever since the beginning of last year's event. lol

Keep in mind that this was the last-minute replacement for AMOK. I have a bad feeling a LOT of sets props are going to be re-purposed for this haunted house. Heck, it might feel like a mix of F13 and TCM 1.0 I predict.

Putting the negative expectations aside, I'm looking forward to seeing this as I never go to see the original house.

These are my feelings too. :P

Optimistically pessimistic. ;D

man, I would love to see this since its based on the original movie and all.

I was actually dreading we'd randomly end up with this in Orlando too... :leatherface:

I was like "oh godz.. they're both saying an announcement is on the way. Don't tell me we're getting another shared property and its TCM" lol

These are my feelings too. :P

Optimistically pessimistic. ;D

"I'm pessimistic, oh so pessimistic..." -Alice Cooper (Brutal Planet album)

I'm sure there will be some new scenes designed for the house, but I can sure bet they will be re-purposing sets and props like CRAZY. The Vorhees house sets from F13 (2010) they'll probably reuse, the hanging meats they'll probably reuse, the brick wall sets from the old TCM will probably be reused, the tool/buzzsaw room will be reused for Hostel I'm sure, the bathroom sets will be re-purposed... that's all I've got.

Looking at it from the positive side, it would be cool to see the gas station be the facade and then enter the house inside the maze ala HoTC...that reminds me. They could reuse all of the house sets for HoTC inside of there. :P

"I'm pessimistic, oh so pessimistic..." -Alice Cooper (Brutal Planet album)

I'm sure there will be some new scenes designed for the house, but I can sure bet they will be re-purposing sets and props like CRAZY. The Vorhees house sets from F13 (2010) they'll probably reuse, the hanging meats they'll probably reuse, the brick wall sets from the old TCM will probably be reused, the tool/buzzsaw room will be reused for Hostel I'm sure, the bathroom sets will be re-purposed... that's all I've got.

Looking at it from the positive side, it would be cool to see the gas station be the facade and then enter the house inside the maze ala HoTC...that reminds me. They could reuse all of the house sets for HoTC inside of there. :P

Honestly, I don't care about reusing.

As long as they change it to match the maze, in this case TCM, and not just throw it in there without changing a single thing, I don't mind.

^^Eh, I don't know. I doubt it will have too many things re-purposed. I mean, not more than any other maze has. It will be nice seeing as it's based on the original and is in a new location, so the layout won't feel too similar for those who went through the original maze in 07/08.

I think this maze will be good for HHN. It will be a huge draw no doubt. I just wonder how much it will change since it is in the JP Queue which seems larger than the Mummy Queue.

Edited by Hauntfan

I'm pretty sure the original house is much smaller then the houses used in the remake and prequel. Does anyone else think the maze would perhaps be shorter and maybe a bit more cool? Also, what are the chances they'll make it look exactly like this?

277423075_98c1539cac.jpg

Edited by manbeast

I'm pretty sure the original house is much smaller then the houses used in the remake and prequel. Does anyone else think the maze would perhaps be shorter and maybe a bit more cool? Also, what are the chances they'll make it look exactly like this?

As of now, we don't know what the facade will be. It might not even be the house. The maze will most likely be longer since, WTMN was the longest maze behind HOTC (Not including HOH) last year which was longer than any maze in the mummy venue.

I just wanna see the scene with the girl on the meat hook.

And it was said somewhere else, but the tagline is weak. But oh well, so was "Kill, Jason, Kill" and that was an awesome maze.

Should've been "Saw is Family" like in either part 2 or 3.

Went to the park today and will be posting a construction update shortly. I did notice that they were putting in the E.T. trees into the maze. It sounds like there will be a transitional scenes from one environment to the house. Sounds like my speculation about having the house start in the gas station could be right.

Also, just saw this on Twitter: "@coreymarr1 No sets from that maze still exist, all been repurposed long ago. Maybe a few props...if that"

OMG HELL F*** YES THIS IS BETTER THAN THAT CRAP DUBSTEP! AWSOME TODAY AFTER SCHOOL I COME HERE ON MY PHONE AND SEE "Survive the blood soaked chainsaw of LEATHERFACE" MY INSTANT REACTION F*** YES I LOVE YOU MURDY. MY DAD HAD TO CALM ME DOWN LOL

This maze should be very different from the original maze. Knowing how Murdy is, I doubt he'll just do the same ish again. F13 and NOES mazes were completely different and I expect the same here.

Adding in trees has me very optimistic for an outside chase scene of some sort.

HOLY SHIT! Just realized! We'll see Franklin get it outside in the woods!

Aw God, life is good.

Sorry if I scared the cat.

Edited by DTH316

while Orlando's 2007 TCM house was based on the remake... there is one scene that really stood out in our house. It's been 4 years, so I can't remember exactly what the scene was supposed to be referencing, but it was plywood walls. There was a hole broken through the wall (one on the right, turn the corner and another on the left for 2 attacks). Leatherface would appear with his chainsaw and swipe at you while strobe lights went off to make his attack more violent.

I have only seen the original TCM once, so I don't remember if a scene like that could be used.

while Orlando's 2007 TCM house was based on the remake... there is one scene that really stood out in our house. It's been 4 years, so I can't remember exactly what the scene was supposed to be referencing, but it was plywood walls. There was a hole broken through the wall (one on the right, turn the corner and another on the left for 2 attacks). Leatherface would appear with his chainsaw and swipe at you while strobe lights went off to make his attack more violent.

I have only seen the original TCM once, so I don't remember if a scene like that could be used.

I about 75% sure thats from the remake

Just wanted to point out a few things...

For the codename, here is Murdy's official answer:

That set from Riverboat was still around when I started at Universal in 1989...yikes..1989. But I digress...Burt was in "Hooper"

Tobe Hooper directed The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Burt also starred in "The Best Little Whorehouse in TEXAS.

So yeah, collaboratively, we came up with that a couple of weeks ago, didn't we? At least our guesses for this one matched this codename... unlike Silent Hill lmao

On Twitter, Murdy definitely mentions we do go outside for this maze and into the woods. Specifically mentions Franklin's demise (Oh God, YES!).

Murdy also uses quotes from the beginning of the movie, describing the scene found at the graveyard. I have a slight hunch, or at least HOPE, that the maze starts off in the graveyard to show us that horrific scene with hopefully the camera noise and a flash from above. Whether this can be done inside or outside, I don't know, but I think it would be a very cool opening.

With that said, this will be VERY different from the first maze, which basically seemed like it was all practically in the Hewitt house with some shades of the slaughterhouse toward the end.

Considering this sounds WAY different, and the given potential of this property, I'm boosting this up on my anticipation list to number 2, just above The Walking Dead and underneath Silent Hill.