HHN 2012: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law

WESKER69

^Actually, wouldn't it be more appropriate if they actually ended the scene at the graveyard since it took place after all of that happened? I have to see the original again to remember, but it would be cool to see it end there and have Leatherface jump out at you one last time.

I'm getting more excited for this house now. It sounds like this will be a literally new haunted house.

^Actually, wouldn't it be more appropriate if they actually ended the scene at the graveyard since it took place after all of that happened? I have to see the original again to remember, but it would be cool to see it end there and have Leatherface jump out at you one last time.

No no no, the graveyard is definitely the first thing that happens. It's a bit of exposition to what the Sawyer family does in terms of grave digging and such. If I remember correctly, it's on the radio in the van when they first show the teens. It's the remake that shows what becomes of the teens first and then goes into the story.

So maybe the reason the entrance of the maze is a bit further away is because the need room for us to walk through the graveyard (they haven't dug any pits though, so hmmm...) but I can definitely imagine walking through that, with lights above flashing to coincide with the sound effect, and then right in the middle is the tombstone with the body mangled onto it. But one thing you might be right about is it possibly being at the end of the maze. It would only work chronologically at the beginning, or take some creative liberties and throw it in at the end to give the maze a bit of a epilogue moment, with ofcourse, as you said, Leatherface's final scare somewhere in there. However, I imagine a truck with Sally in it (that's the main girl's name, right? haha) for the last room and then Leatherface pops out from the truck bed could be a final scare.

glad Murdy brought this up

I honestly never believed that contract stuff.

Edited by DTH316

Idk why but this doesn't spark any interest in me. I liked the original and all but eh I'm getting a F13 rehash vibe, sort of what like Freak said. Then again, I really like how they pull of those outdoor scenes inside the mazes. They always seem more interesting than those indoor scenes. Anyway, from the looks of it, this maze seems like its a mixture of both outdoor and indoor scenes, but I'm really hoping they go more with the outdoor scares.

No no no, the graveyard is definitely the first thing that happens. It's a bit of exposition to what the Sawyer family does in terms of grave digging and such. If I remember correctly, it's on the radio in the van when they first show the teens. It's the remake that shows what becomes of the teens first and then goes into the story.

So maybe the reason the entrance of the maze is a bit further away is because the need room for us to walk through the graveyard (they haven't dug any pits though, so hmmm...) but I can definitely imagine walking through that, with lights above flashing to coincide with the sound effect, and then right in the middle is the tombstone with the body mangled onto it. But one thing you might be right about is it possibly being at the end of the maze. It would only work chronologically at the beginning, or take some creative liberties and throw it in at the end to give the maze a bit of a epilogue moment, with ofcourse, as you said, Leatherface's final scare somewhere in there. However, I imagine a truck with Sally in it (that's the main girl's name, right? haha) for the last room and then Leatherface pops out from the truck bed could be a final scare.

I honestly never believed that contract stuff.

you are correct the news reports in the begaining was mostly about the grave robbing, they were talking about how they had no leads, and if I remember correctly the teens in the first movie were the reason they went on the run in the second movie so DTH sounds right.

yeah in 08 I believed it but then it made no sense. but glad Murdy put that to rest.

Just re-watched the original TCM to familiarize myself with it again in time for HHN. :) Just some thoughts here...

The soundtrack for the house should be interesting to pull off as there really isn't much of one. I guess the small "clanging" that we hear here and there throughout the film will probably used.

I'm almost certain that it's going to start off at the gas station. Since there will be a scene depicting Franklin's demise (That scene will be AWESOME to see pulled off), it would only make sense to start in the gas station, go through the forest to see Franklin's death, and then go inside the house. If the first scene were to be the cemetery, I have know idea how they would pull off the facade...unless there isn't really much of one. It could be like F13 in 2010 where it shows the two bodies and the tombstone, and then transition through some brushwood into the tent and then inside the gas station. Still, I think they would be better off just starting at the gas station and having the two bodies close to the entrance as a prelude of what's to come.

I just know they're going to reuse the facade for the Firefly mansion from HoTC (Which I wouldn't mind). I mean, how could they not? The house's porch has a very similar design to the Firefly's. They could have the truck next to it and have the crazy hitch-hiker guy pop out at you.

Lastly, who wants to bet they'll spray water at you for Franklin's scene? <_< Since that guy was so annoying, it only makes sense that his kill be associated with the most annoying effect HHN has ever came up with.

I was thinking the same thing about the soundtrack. My guess is they'll probably have to make most of it up.

I only think the graveyard will play a pivotal role because Murdy quoted the beginning of the scene when it wasn't necessary.

He quoted the opening scroll, which would've been enough, but then there's a radio description of what the graveyard looks like.

That says to me that either Murdy is highly anticipating recreating that moment or maybe we'll hear the actual radio recording while in line.

ACTUALLY, that'd be a really awesome setup while in queue, to hear the opening narration.

And then as you're walking the graveyard, hear the radio describing the scene.

But yeah, the 2010 F13 is a great example of how I imagine the first scene being.

If it's the gas station (which is technically what the first scene of HOTC is), I guess that'd be unique and cool to look at, but I think if it were the cemetery, I'd geek out a bit more and be more enveloped in the story of it all. If it's just the house, honestly, I'd be a bit disappointed.

I didn't even think of the water spraying. That'll take away some of my enjoyment of him being slaughtered viciously. I wonder what they'll make the body look like, since they don't actually show the death in the movie. Either way, it'll be a cool spot in the maze.

Graveyard, mallet smash/hook hanging and Franklin's death. Include those things and this just might be my fav of the year.

Edited by DTH316

I didn't even think of the water spraying. That'll take away some of my enjoyment of him being slaughtered viciously. I wonder what they'll make the body look like, since they don't actually show the death in the movie. Either way, it'll be a cool spot in the maze.

Hmmmm....remember that "split body from F13 (08) and MBV? I'm hoping they do something more creative though.

They could do a variation of the person laying down under the table thing.

Actor could sit behind the chair, head attached to the dummy.

Leatherface could enter, chainsaw the fake body while he screams and gets cut in half from the chest down.

Or maybe it could be more gruesome... hmmmm...

Hopefully we see his wheelchair pop up later, torn to bits :-D

Edited by DTH316

They could do a variation of the person laying down under the table thing.

Actor could sit behind the chair, head attached to the dummy.

Leatherface could enter, chainsaw the fake body while he screams and gets cut in half from the chest down.

Or maybe it could be more gruesome... hmmmm...

Hopefully we see his wheelchair pop up later, torn to bits :-D

What if they did that and then had the guts spilling out of Franklin just like our Saw maze when Amanda was searching for the key inside the guys stomach? I hope it's not just a bloodied up shirt, hope actual organs are visible. :leatherface:

I would absolutely love to go through this house, but I'm in orlando. hopefully there will be some decent recordings or at least photos of it.

There will, if you have a youtube subscribe to sharpproductions. He always gets great footage. Although they are usually mostly in Nightvision (he takes it off during the maze for a few moments sometimes) but it still is a great look at the mazes. :)

There's actually a new rule on recording in mazes this year so it's possible we won't get any maze footage.

"No food, drink, bottles, recording/flash photography, flashlights or laser pens are permitted in the Haunted Houses. Screaming and crying is just fine, however."

Before it used to just say "flash photography" but now it added recording.

There's actually a new rule on recording in mazes this year so it's possible we won't get any maze footage.

"No food, drink, bottles, recording/flash photography, flashlights or laser pens are permitted in the Haunted Houses. Screaming and crying is just fine, however."

I doubt they're going to enforce it....save for one guy like in the F13 video Sharp tried to film before the guy yelled, "NO FILMING". Ruined the whole video for him from that point on. <_<

Anyway, I suspect the facade should be going up soon. I'm going to be putting money down that it will be the gas station.

I think it means video lighting. But I'm not 100%