Welcome to Silent Hill

Nintendokid33

My 1st time though on Thursday no pyramid head :( was probably the worst house of the night. I saw where he was supposed to be but he wasn't even behind the wall. I made sure to hit it twice on Friday. 1st time though he ran at me and flailed his arms. which was great and definitely helped the whole house a lot. His costume is great and running in stilts even better. But he had no sword in hand which still hurts a little. On the second time though I saw the sword in the house but you have to look up.

On a good note for everyone going to the event later, when I went on the Unmasking the Horror tour my wife did raise concern over Pyramid Head without a sword. The response was that one is being made for the near future. So anyone going to the event this week may get to see what I really missed but I don't know if he will be able to run with it.

• Like 2

so you completely missed seeing Pyramid Head?

see, I knew this was going to happen to people.

Why put a stupid wall to have him walk from side to side is beyond me, specially when he is the center of attention of that room, the Favorite character for a lot of people and not only they don't give us more than One pyramid head, but you confirm what happened to me as well, not being able to see him.

This is not the actor's fault, the actor does a really good job at walking like him, that mask does not look comfortable to wear,

the design of this room is just a mess, I can understand that the wall was put to have Pyramid head come out as a surprise to people. but when you have a room that is empty of Pyramid head when people go to this house you have a problem.

and the lack of Pyramid heads is sad. I really wish I could get an honest answer from someone about the lack of Pyramid heads. that would be like having a SAW house and have Jigsaw Killer at the very end only Once.... :rolleyes:

Missed him completely on all four run throughs, and I was VERY ACTIVELY looking for him since he was specifically mentioned in the promo on the website. The absence of the longknife might have been part of it; I recognized the Boogeyman pretty much based on the weapon. Then again, Boogeyman doesn't have a GIGANTIC PYRAMID HELMET so if he was visable at all, I can't imagine I wouldn't recognize him.

I do kind of like the idea of him behind the wall because it brings me back to how badly he scared me one of the first times I saw him in the game. At a point in the apartments, he's just standing there behind bars, and he doesn't move AT ALL but you know immediately when you see him "oh crap." Having the scareactor behind the wall would have captured that same feeling for me, you know, if I had seen him at all.

Glad to hear that the scareactor is good at the slow menacing movement; an enormous part of why PH is so terrifying is because he moves so slowly, but DOES NOT STOP MOVING, he's implaccable and it's terrifying. A PH that jumped out at me would be less so, imho.

And glad to hear that a longknife is in the works as well, despite the fact that I literally only had one night for HHN and I won't get to see it. ;_;

• Like 1

Siren goes off every time for me. But I still haven't found the Great Knife. Look up huh? I'll try that next time.

I kinda wish someone asked them why they only made one Pyramid Head room, I really really wish I could ask then that, to see what the answer is,

My guess is that it has to do with him being a stiltwalker scareactor with such a cumbersome mask. Also may explain the closed off area he is in.

• Like 1

Missed him completely on all four run throughs, and I was VERY ACTIVELY looking for him since he was specifically mentioned in the promo on the website. The absence of the longknife might have been part of it; I recognized the Boogeyman pretty much based on the weapon. Then again, Boogeyman doesn't have a GIGANTIC PYRAMID HELMET so if he was visable at all, I can't imagine I wouldn't recognize him.

I do kind of like the idea of him behind the wall because it brings me back to how badly he scared me one of the first times I saw him in the game. At a point in the apartments, he's just standing there behind bars, and he doesn't move AT ALL but you know immediately when you see him "oh crap." Having the scareactor behind the wall would have captured that same feeling for me, you know, if I had seen him at all.

Glad to hear that the scareactor is good at the slow menacing movement; an enormous part of why PH is so terrifying is because he moves so slowly, but DOES NOT STOP MOVING, he's implaccable and it's terrifying. A PH that jumped out at me would be less so, imho.

And glad to hear that a longknife is in the works as well, despite the fact that I literally only had one night for HHN and I won't get to see it. ;_;

he is really hard to miss, he looks exactly like the movie and he is in stilts, you see him and Immediately you think "Pyramid Head!"

no way to not recognize him.

I do understand what the purpose of the wall is, to make it a surprise and to make it look like he is coming out of somewhere to attack you

but that still means people will miss him. How can they make a house where the main reason people go, the main monster is going to be missed by so many people.

but yeah My favorite thing about him is that, when you are in the room before, the Nurse Room, if you look up to the window you see him sometimes,

Friday night I was in the Nurse room passing by and then I looked to the window and I see him, A Big pyramid looking my way,

The fence on the window and the Light coming from the other room, that made it feel like if it was really him, for a brief second that combination or the window the fence and the light made it feel like the movie.

there are videos of Silent Hill from Hollywood, if you want to see how he looks like, the costume, and in Hollywood their Pyramid Head Does have the big knife in one of the rooms

Siren goes off every time for me. But I still haven't found the Great Knife. Look up huh? I'll try that next time.

My guess is that it has to do with him being a stiltwalker scareactor with such a cumbersome mask. Also may explain the closed off area he is in.

I understand what you mean, and I agree that stilts are hard to put in a house, but that just makes me more frustrated about this house and more angry about it, if that is the reason, the stilts, for not giving us more Pheads then that's pretty upsetting,

problem is Hollywood house didn't even do stilts, While the stilts here are great, and Pyramid head looks good,

they could have just given us pyramid head without the stilts, I would have accept that, specially when the game version of pyramid Head is not even as tall as the movie version, he is not that tall,

size wise he is the same height as a regular person, the reason he might look taller in the game is because of the pyramid itself, but his body is roughly the same size as James in the game, they are not even supposed to be that tall to begin with,

you can even see his legs in the game, he doesn't wear that long skirt all the way to the floor:

eqghy.jpg?1

dVFeZ.jpg?1

they used the movie version of P-Head for Orlando, while Hollywood got the game version multiple times it seems,

They could have given us more actors dressed as pyramid head without the stilts and it would have been faithful to the game, it would have been closer to the games actually, just like they did for Hollywood.

this just makes me mad... -_-

I know it sounds like I am ranting a lot, but this is how disappointed that made me,

(then add to the fact that Gothic has an actor in stilts that comes at you from a small boo hole, compared to the size of Phead's room... makes this even more frustrating)

Edited by Mr. Black

uggg I was so excited about this house but what a let down...

agreed. i was expecting SO much more from this house, including to get the best scares out of it. The set design makes me happy as its pretty good, but the cast and SA placement really hinder this house for me. the cast seems very uninterested in their roles and are so out in the open, it's hard for them to get scares. the one pyramid head walking between 2 separate rooms especially pisses me off. If they're making a sword for him, ill let that complaint slide, but just one?! Hollywood has at least 4! if the cast really steps it up i'll like it a lot more, but it's up to them to save this house.

• Like 1

The first two nights we went into this house, I was really disappointed. I mean, the smell was there (the constant burning smell), and we saw Pyramid Head every time we went through (2x each night). However, I couldn't believe there was no ash falling anywhere, and it just seemed like the house had no energy. Then, we went again on Saturday night.. and it was like someone remembered to put the plug in or something because it was AMPED UP.. there was even falling ash at the beginning which I was THRILLED with. It seemed like there were more actors, more scares on Saturday night.. and we saw PH again that night, too. I don't know how you could miss him!

I honestly think we just got a Movie version of Silent Hill, not a game version, Hollywood got that, a closer to the games house, we got a movie house -_-

I think you are correct. But at least PH isn't preoccupied with what seems to be his "favorite hobby" in the games!!! *ahem*

(no wonder those nurses all walk funny)

• Like 3

Finally got a to walk through with the ash & sirens. I love the house, the scares would be alot more effective if you couldn't see 90% of them before they happen, if they could just hide them a little bit better this house would have more scare potential in my opinion. And finally got to see pyramid head, but he just walked up and stood there this time :/

i saw a great improvement last night in this cast, especially the finale. made me like this house a LOT more than i originally did. keep up the aggressiveness.

the siren in the beginning takes too long to go off. i've missed it 2/3 runthroughs and most people don't get to hear it. plus, the ash machine barely seems to work. i'd love to see those issues resolved, as they're pretty important, i think.

Following the trend of following trends, as Uni does; One can only hope that we get another Video Game themed house with 'Dead Space' next year. With the Sci-Fi houses they did ("The Thing" 07'/11' & Interstellar Terror), it isn't out of their element. I believe that could make a horrifying house. Goodbye NSO COLUMBUS 1492.. Hello USG Ishimura.

Edited by Feeble Junkie
  • Like 1

I feel really bad for the first few actors in this house (Pretty much everyone before the end of the chain link fence section).

There are no hiding places for you and the costumes you have been given are suspect at best...

Good job working with what you got though.

• Like 1

Never been a huge Resident Evil fan. Mr. Black have you seen any of the video from HHN Singapore? The RE Scarezone looks awesome & is complete with its own stage show. The projections on the buildings, transforms that area into Racoon City.

the problem is, that, knowing how things are, they might start working on a scarezone and then get the axe,

Hollywood has a Silent hill scarezone and we don't, which makes me wonder, Why? why do they get a zone and the opportunity to take pics with Pyramid head and the nurses and we get nothing,

I like the zones here this year, but I would have loved the SH zone as well, Im sure they have reasons for not bringing it here, maybe it didn't fit the theme,

but I rather not have any zones planned and then taken away like they did in 2007, don't get our hopes up is what I mean.

yeah I Saw the video and it is really awesome, I would just be afraid of that happening,

Freebie Junkie it's Universal Studios Japan's event not Singapore. Though let's keep this on topic guys.

I've heard that PH had a sword but I believe it's been a problem. Though I can see from a fan's point a view the little things missing or being different but does it overall madder for the sake of the house?

Freebie Junkie it's Universal Studios Japan's event not Singapore. Though let's keep this on topic guys.

I've heard that PH had a sword but I believe it's been a problem. Though I can see from a fan's point a view the little things missing or being different but does it overall madder for the sake of the house?

well it depends, Does Pyramid Head need his knife? if he was the regular size of an actor coming from a boo hole like one of the nurses then no. it wouldn't, if there was more than just one then it wouldn't matter.

But since they decided to just give us one pyramid Head, they build an entire room for him away from people, he is like the center piece of the room, the house really, then yes, it does matter, specially when he has all that room to cover,

Jesus, is like these people didn't get anything right with him, It would not matter if he was not in stilts, but the way he is set up he is such a big deal in that room with the stilts and walking back and forth than yeah, no knife hurts the appearance, the whole reason he is in stilts is so that he can drag that big ass thing in the movie, so to me it feels like adding insult to injury.

Still... that being said, The actors playing Pyramid Head in the house do a fantastic job at recreating his movements, the head tilts and the dragging of the feet, they have a lot to walk in stilts so I give those guys props for being able to do all that with a huge pyramid on their heads, they are doing really really well,

but the knife missing is really obvious, specially when he is so tall,

• Like 1

I have been told that the knife is in the scene with the nurses and to "look up" to see it, but I still have not found it.

Is it in the room with the nurses immediately preceding Pyramid Head's scene or is it in the final scene with the nurses and the Rabbit?

When you leave the room with the nurses, you go through a quick small little hallway/room right before you get into Pyramid Head's room. In there, the knife is there. Just look up and to the right. If you're lucky to catch the effect, you'll see it move, otherwise you'll catch a glimpse of it. There's also a loud sound effect that goes off as well which made me jump the first time I heard it.

Edited by April
  • Like 1

When you leave the room with the nurses, you go through a quick small little hallway/room right before you get into Pyramid Head's room. In there, the knife is there. Just look up and to the right. If you're lucky to catch the effect, you'll see it move, otherwise you'll catch a glimpse of it. There's also a loud sound effect that goes off as well which made me jump the first time I heard it.

I am going to totally check that, I've never knew