HHN 2012: Welcome to Silent Hill

DTH316

That is the most bogus freakin' codename in the history of... codenames. C'mon.

And Behind the Mummy? I can't even explain how strange this is...

We based our Silent Hill spec solely off of Dante hints. And then we solidified it by seeing pix of the T2 queue.

And then it's NEITHER of those?! I'm genuinely surprised and I suppose that's a good thing...

Because that leaves room for something as insane as Dante sounds and a maze as giant as the T2 queue.

My only beef now is... I could've freakin SWORN Murdy said he was listening to music for Carpenter... and when people said SILENT HILL he was straight out saying no. Da eff, yo?!

I was just hoping Carpenter was something a little more... old school?

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

That is the most bogus freakin' codename in the history of... codenames. C'mon.

And Behind the Mummy? I can't even explain how strange this is...

We based our Silent Hill spec solely off of Dante hints. And then we solidified it by seeing pix of the T2 queue.

And then it's NEITHER of those?! I'm genuinely surprised and I suppose that's a good thing...

Because that leaves room for something as insane as Dante sounds and a maze as giant as the T2 queue.

My only beef now is... I could've freakin SWORN Murdy said he was listening to music for Carpenter... and when people said SILENT HILL he was straight out saying no. Da eff, yo?!

I was just hoping Carpenter was something a little more... old school?

The fact that Silent Hill is not going in Terminator but is going in the lower lot is the biggest "WTC!" for me so far. This more than confirms Hostel isn't returning. Haha. I'm glad to finally see the Mummy venue get a maze that isn't really going to just zig-zag down a straight path like every maze down there has. I'm starting to wonder if they'll expand the maze slightly by pushing the facade out a bit more.

The facade might not even be in the same spot. The queue will be going under the escalator so it might be on the opposite side completely!

Very true! We might even exit on the opposite side where the facade used to be if that is the case. If that is true, the maze won't have to be a U-Turn maze! :)

It could still be a U-Turn maze haha... just U-turn at the other end buahaha. But I think with the added structure next to that building, it should give the layout a new dynamic. I imagine it'll start off straight, turn into that building, wiggle its way around there, back to the tent toward where it first started off and then wiggle its way toward the original entrance area, with the exit walkway being where Transformers exits as well.

It could still be a U-Turn maze haha... just U-turn at the other end buahaha. But I think with the added structure next to that building, it should give the layout a new dynamic. I imagine it'll start off straight, turn into that building, wiggle its way around there, back to the tent toward where it first started off and then wiggle its way toward the original entrance area, with the exit walkway being where Transformers exits as well.

That's what I meant . THEN it wouldn't be a U-Turn maze.

Since we'll be entering from under the escalator, I imagine that the facade could be facing the direction away from the lower lot (You walk up on the right side of the house and then turn left, coming immediately upon the facade). The entire space that was used for the open area in front of the Hostel facade would be taken up by the house. The entire house would fill the whole area PLUS the inside building. We'll then exit out the back of the the maze where the last two mazes would normally u-turn.

Basically, I predict that this is going to be the longest lower lot maze EVER.

^ That's not exactly feasible. The original queue and exit area had an uneven road plus a lot of random steel... posts (ya know, those things they have in front of stores so you can't drive into them)? I know I'd always walk into one when exiting that maze location. If they could somehow maneuver around that and the uneven asphalt, the maze would honestly be TOO long and eat up the budget. I'd rather it stay the same size so any extra budget they have this year could go to improvements for the Terror Tram.

So yesterday was auditions for returning scaractors, and yay!! I'm one step closer to my 4th year. They had concept art of the scareactor costumes for Silent Hill up, and WOW!!!! It looks so bad ass. You guys will be impressed and amazed. As far as the remaining mazes, there was so many rumors going around. It seems Bansheeman was in attendence where ever I turned. Time will definately tell, but it seems like it will be a stellar year.

The movie is based off the game, yes, but its not quite the same thing. There are characters in the movie that are not in the game. The overall aesthetic is a little different. Some characters look one way in the game and a different way in the movie. The movie loosely follows the first game's plot (and the sequel the 3rd) but only in a broad sense. Most scenes in the movie do not have a corresponding scene in the game.

You know, I'm starting to get a bit concerned about this maze. It has a lot of potential of being really good, and it also has a lot of potential of being a dud. When I watched the movie, I noticed the scene where the main character was walking through the school. I'm almost certain they will include that scene since they can very easily just reuse all of those props from NoES 2010. While they're at it, they could reuse those props from Hostel as well as the dog puppets at the end of that maze.