HHN 2012: Welcome to Silent Hill

DTH316

Lisa should have solid white eyes, more blood on her chest, and a smaller hat. I know i'm being nitpicky but it kinda bugs me.

The bubble head nurses look great though and i'm glad they're using what I thought was the scariest creature in Downpour, the Doll! Although I wonder how or if they're going to incorporate their "invisible" forms that can only be clearly seen with the UV flashlight. Can't wait to enter a room of them and hear their laughs echoing throughout.

Lisa should have solid white eyes, more blood on her chest, and a smaller hat. I know i'm being nitpicky but it kinda bugs me.

The bubble head nurses look great though and i'm glad they're using what I thought was the scariest creature in Downpour, the Doll! Although I wonder how or if they're going to incorporate their "invisible" forms that can only be clearly seen with the UV flashlight. Can't wait to enter a room of them and hear their laughs echoing throughout.

Maybe they can use blast of air accomponied by a doll outline lit by a uv light with the scareactor also popping out.

Over at Themeparkaventure they've been posting behind the scenes photos of Silent Hill, and from what is shown it's looking pretty good. Robbie the Rabbit is certainly confirmed with various children's drawings of him scattered about in the maze, and his scare is exactly what I thought it would be. If anyone has played the 3rd game, you can easily guess what it is, and ironically it's the kind of scare I've always expected to happen in the game...but never did.

Over at Themeparkaventure they've been posting behind the scenes photos of Silent Hill, and from what is shown it's looking pretty good. Robbie the Rabbit is certainly confirmed with various children's drawings of him scattered about in the maze, and his scare is exactly what I thought it would be. If anyone has played the 3rd game, you can easily guess what it is, and ironically it's the kind of scare I've always expected to happen in the game...but never did.

I played part of the third game (Got stuck about a quarter or a third of the way through). It took me a second, but I know what scare you're talking about. Here's a hint: It's the picture in Thanat0s's gif. ;)

BTW, here's the link to the Twitter page for the photos: https://twitter.com/tpamagazine I only looked at a couple and that will be all for me. Haha. The few photos I've seen look promising.

Ooo, those videos certainly made me more giddy for this maze.

As it's been speculated, the postmaster will be the one in front of the maze and giving out the special gifts.

For anyone that wants to avoid major spoilers in the maze, avoid the shock til you drop video since Murdy explains the special effects/scare for one of the scenes. (I'll admit the character they're using as the scare is a little odd since I don't recall them being in that location.)

Also, it's great hearing they'll be using the lighting to create some kind of flashlight effect, and they got a brilliant idea to incorperate the radio static.

My anticipation has went up dramatically after seeing some of those environments! I nearly died when I saw "There was a hole here... it's gone now." GREAT attention to detail with that one (I forgive them that it's in the wrong location but it shows they did their research) ! The static is going to be amazing as well.

My dream maze is finally here!

I just got to see a full light-on walk-thru of Orlando's version of this house, without the talent.

The soundtrack was okay. It was mostly the siren throughout, but they haven't played much of the music at all. The only track I could hear from any of the games was "Never Forgive Me, Never Forget" from SH3.

The rooms looked like they were pretty massive considering they were in a sound stage, but I don't think it captures the claustrophobic feeling a lot like it does with Hollywood's (From the photos I've seen with the storefront and the school. I didn't want to spoil myself with anything else).

The Robbie the Rabbit at the end of the house didn't look ANYTHING like he did in the game which disappoints me.

I've said all that to say that I think Hollywood could have the better version overall....save for Orlando having a better "facade".

I just got to see a full light-on walk-thru of Orlando's version of this house, without the talent.

The soundtrack was okay. It was mostly the siren throughout, but they haven't played much of the music at all. The only track I could hear from any of the games was "Never Forgive Me, Never Forget" from SH3.

The rooms looked like they were pretty massive considering they were in a sound stage, but I don't think it captures the claustrophobic feeling a lot like it does with Hollywood's (From the photos I've seen with the storefront and the school. I didn't want to spoil myself with anything else).

The Robbie the Rabbit at the end of the house didn't look ANYTHING like he did in the game which disappoints me.

I've said all that to say that I think Hollywood could have the better version overall....save for Orlando having a better "facade".

The Hollywood Version BLOWS Orlando away seems like they really didnt do their homework..

Then again John is really active with the Community and was taking suggestions on soundtracks and scenes so maybe thats why ours is more authentic

A walkthrough for Orlando's is here

An' while it does look nice (Love the falling ash effect), I do agree that Hollywood has the edge from what I've seen and heard. As you can see, Orlando's is on the mis-matched side. Which leads to Robbie the Rabbit's presence in the house being more like a giant WTF?! moment, especially at the end. Speaking of Robbie, I'm not a fan with how he looks in it.

I thought it looked pretty kool. I can't compare it to Hollywood's since I luckily haven't stumbled upon any videos or pictures of the inside.

My main problem with Orlando's is that, every single environment looked exactly the same. o.o

I realize it's the "hell" version of the places, but they all looked exactly the same with different props.

I also agree that it's much too open. It definitely works in some rooms better than others, but overall, it's too open.

I also agree that Robbie the Rabbit looks really stupid. Hopefully Hollywood recreates him better. :o

I ironically want to steal one of the mini Robbie dolls from the claw machines. Just to have one. :D

Wow, that video was awesome, but to me it showed how better the Hollywood ver. looks than the Orlando one. Characters didn't look right and it looks like they gave up on creating the SIlent Hill atmosphere after the first two scenes. Honestly, it looked like a Queen Mary haunt as opposed to Silent Hill, which is kinda troubling. I've only seen pics of the Hollywood ver. of Silent Hill and it looks pretty dope. Pictures got me geeking out, the vid of orlando just kinda made me pity them a bit. Still, looks like they do have some little things here and there that were cool (like the locker hall).