HHN 22 Speculation

I emailed. Hopefully others here did too so the 22 clues (note the #) don't just end up in the hands of random facebook fans that have never heard of HNN. It'd be great to get all the Info we can.

I guess this could ironically be considered "Wishful thinking"...

HHN Fans, listen up: do you want an exclusive clue about the remaining HHN22 houses? Be one of the first 22 fans to email us at HHN@universalorlando.com and you will receive a clue that has not yet been revealed. But remember, not all clues are the same. You will have to work with your fellow HHN fans to piece together the meaning of the clues…so share your knowledge.

This is awesome!! I'm not even going to ATTEMPT to email them....I'm sure they've gotten a ton of responses already. If anyone gets into the first 22, share the info!! :)

Yes, then this:

Want to be part of an opportunity that is to DIE for? If you email us at HHN@universalorlando.com to receive a not yet revealed clue about this year’s event, you will be entered in for the opportunity of a first-look tour of one of this year’s houses on August 29. The call for submissions will close in 1 hour. You may begin…http://bit.ly/TkoBta

Two of the clues so far, in addition to the pic.

The foolish will not only suffer the consequences, but they will see the house for what it truly is…A horrible place where imagination and reality have combined to create a living nightmare.

By day all is normal, but as the darkness of night falls, the creatures guarding this sanctuary come alive to protect this sacred place from intruders.

• Like 2

The foolish will not only suffer the consequences, but they will see the house for what it truly is…A horrible place where imagination and reality have combined to create a living nightmare.

By day all is normal, but as the darkness of night falls, the creatures guarding this sanctuary come alive to protect this sacred place from intruders.

First sounds like our Victorian house, second sounds like the gargoyles.

The Walking Dead just seems like it's not enough to be the one and only center of advertising. I realize it's an interesting and popular show, and one that I myself have been getting into recently, but think about it -- in 2007 and 2009 (the two recent years with the most significant IP use) HHN had to pool three BIG horror franchises together in one ad. Is the Walking Dead better known than any of the individual New Line characters, just by themselves? It's a tv show that's only been on for two seasons. Seems like a campaign like we saw in 2004 would've been a better idea, really.

On another note, I'm getting really excited for this gargoyles house. Looks similar to Winter's Night set-wise in terms of grandiosity and elaborateness. Hopefully we can get a few more scares than Winter's Night though....

The Walking Dead just seems like it's not enough to be the one and only center of advertising. Is the Walking Dead better known than any of the individual New Line characters, just by themselves?

TWD isn't necessarily "better known" than other horror characters...it's popular with people who aren't familiar with HHN. They're trying to draw in a new crowd. Additionally, as we've discussed in this thread previously I think, the reason you are seeing TWD as the main marketing ploy is because it is, without a doubt, part of the contract made for Universal to borrow the rights to the show and its characters/themes/etc. I wouldn't doubt that there might be no icon for this very reason....in a way, the Marketing dept might have sold their souls (or their icon, in this case), in a manner of speaking, in order to be able to get TWD into the event. It's all about money.

Latest:

HHN fans check your inbox, clues have been sent. See if you can figure out what will be waiting for you this year…

If you weren’t one of the 22 fans to receive a clue, you were still entered for a chance to experience a first-look tour of one of this year’s houses on August 29. We will notify the winners tomorrow. http://bit.ly/TkoBta

This DEFINITELY goes with the Poltergeist/Insidious kind of Victorian house we've been pondering on....very cool :) I like the idea of "imagination and reality" being combined...nightmares coming to life, in a way (minus Freddy, of course).

• Like 1

Here's our Gargoyles facade.

cid_image001_jpg@01CD8472.jpg

LOL You beat me to it. Was just about to post it. It looks like this is official confirmation for the last three rumored houses then.

I am INCREDIBLY curious now about the monsters house. Max Shreck's version predates Bela's onscreen presence. Dare I hope that they're going back even further to the silent era of German Expressionist film? If we see Edison's Frankenstein, Count Orlock, Der Golem, and Dr. Caligari/Cesare in this house I will totally flip out! It would certainly fit in with the DE style, as well as make some awesome minimalist sets. Don't tease me like this Universal!

• Like 1