HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

I went back through last year's speculation thread. It was being discussed at 11 pm, so I guess it was close to midnight, but not quite.

Oh, never mind. My time setting is off by an hour. It was midnight. You're right!

(Yes, I just admitted I was wrong. See? It happens.)

Edited by Trevler

^Do you have a smartphone? You should be able to see it on that. The Walking Dead is the most logical guess right now. Does anybody have any idea what time the announcement will come?

You know, I can't believe we are already getting 2 announcements when last year at this time we didn't have 1. I hope they keep this pace up. It really keeps my interest in the event! :D

Edit: No midnight announcement. :( Looking forward to tomorrow though!

Edited by Hauntfan

Ah, The Thing was released at 12 AM on the DOT according to the press release from Variety. HOWEVER, of the 3 and a half years I've been roaming the Vault and HNN, there's always talk of a midnight release. So one out of... *counts on fingers* sixteen mazes during that time was released at midnight! That's 6% of the mazes... lol

Back to spec...

yeah uh... the Walking Dead.....................

*struggles to think of something new to say regarding it*

I wonder what the subtitle will be?

^I see. Maybe the Facebook post was referring to what the Zombies do most of the time. We'll know tomorrow I suppose. Can't wait!!! Do you think they will do a midnight release unlike the Silent Hill release because they don't have to wait for a panel or anything?

Im pretty sure the whole thing was a pun on "The Walking" Dead.

I went back through last year's speculation thread. It was being discussed at 11 pm, so I guess it was close to midnight, but not quite.

Oh, never mind. My time setting is off by an hour. It was midnight. You're right!

(Yes, I just admitted I was wrong. See? It happens.)

2012 its happening!

Hey guys, yeah I’m new but I’ve been lurking for a while on the clues and such. I attended last year’s event and enjoyed it, especially La Llorona. I’m already really excited to see Silent Hill, and the outlook good for Exorcist/Poltergeist. I was reeeealllly hoping that Insidious would happen, as it is hands-down a favorite of mine and would make an AMAZZINGGG maze (no pun intended). I also had hoped for Alien, It, Silence of the Lambs/Hannibal, and Killer Klowns…But alas.

I'm gonna try to catch up speculating so don't mind my HUGE post:

As far as maze #1, Exorcist and Poltergeist make the most sense. If the magic 8 ball sessions were completely truthful, it’s not Exorcist. We know it was on the survey from nov. 2011…

(link: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8982/62485846.jpg) And since it has to do with “Suffer Little Children” we know it had to do with a child murderer or something the afflicted children. The children thing could also go with It, La Llorona, Freddy or Trick ‘r Treat among others, but the clue about Dick Smith seems to lean towards Exorcist/Poltergeist again although it looks like he only did work on Poltergeist III and not the original.

However, it does seem like this one is too easy. Do you really think Murdy would give it to us with that if it is Exorcist?? Just by naming Dick Smith? And apparently “one of the characters inside the maze is inspired by a Dick Smith creation”. Not necessarily IS a Dick Smith creation… I wonder if there are any existing characters in the movies that are inspired by other characters, ones that Dick Smith worked on?...

Do we have any more speculation as far as Maze #4, Quigley? We know it’s movie based… For mazes 1 and 4 we were not given many hints, and although I asked if we would be getting more hints for the leftover mazes, I got no reply. :(

Rosemary’s Baby is the only thing I can gather from the “Quigley stars list” hint we got, as "Burt Reynolds was tested for a part in Rosemary's Baby (1968), but Roman Polanski ended up casting John Cassavetes for the part.”

As much as I’d love to see something Rosemary’s Baby-related in the event, I don’t know if I can see it as a maze that they would choose… It’s coming out on Blu-Ray October 30th which is ironic. Maybe it could be – starting off much like Insidious would, just with an eerie feel, easing into scenes with a baby’s room, crib, stroller, wishful things like that, and then all the sudden Satan decides to butt in and the cultists take over and bam, chaos. That’d be great, but with all the uneventful scenes in the movie and smallish fanbase, I find it hard to believe it’d even be considered… L

Looking at that 2011 survey…thank god we’re not getting a Lady Gaga or True Blood house…

Welcome Alessa! I'm almost 99.99% sure Rosemary's Baby would never be a maze at Universal -- or anywhere for that matter. You said it best, "hard to believe it'd even be considered." haha Just doesn't have any of the qualities Murdy and Co. look for when making a maze.

As you said on the Poltergeist/Exorcist thing, I keep teetering between the two of them as well. But my money's on La Llorona returning. If it comes back in a brand new house, that'd actually be really bad ass -- but I doubt it.

As for Quigley, I'm 75% sure it's Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Might even be Poltergeist (there it is again, that movie!!!). I just know that it MIGHT be Tobe Hooper directed and those are the only 2 viable horror movies worth replicating into a maze.

I'm still trying to piece some of my favorites to the codenames (Scream, Trick 'r Treat, Alien, Evil Dead, The Descent) but no luck :(

----------------------------------------------------------

Anywho, I was doing some digging and found an interesting post from Tmrw:

I feel like I can finally add my thoughts/speculations to what may/may not come next year

remember this is only wishful thinking, however, if it comes to it that next year its official. remember I called it first

Mazes: 7 (thats right..7)

Dracula: Legacy in Blood (HoH)

Hostel: Elite Rising ( Shrek Que ) (DO NOT THINK OF IT AS SAW:Game who gives a shit, New EVERYTHING.)

The Exorcist or Poltergeist (A liddo birdie told me we officially KNOW where the rights are) (T-2 Que)

Halloween - Return To Haddonfield (WWW)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Flesh Wounds (Mummy Extended)

Alice Cooper: Living Nightmare (JP Que)

Zombieville: The Dead Rising (Spartacus Square/Terror Tram option)

Terror Tram: ( No Theme just yet) : Location. Bates Motel, Whoville, Wisteria Lane, 6 Points, ending Kong.

Out of everything I've heard going around, all the rumors, all the facts, all the shit I CAN AND CANNOT say

theres something I know for a fact........but that shall have to wait.

---------------------------------------------

Is it just me or does it seem like Tmrw was/is on the right track? Trade Zombieville for Walking Dead (unless it IS Zombieville, haha), switch some of the locations around, replace Silent Hill with Hostel, and looking at the early spec for TCM, Exorcist and Poltergeist -- he might've practically given us the whole event back in November!!!

It's official! The Walking Dead maze will be at both parks. So far, I'm definitely satisfied with the line-up.

...and now, the speculation of the other mazes. I'd rather see a classic horror movie themed house then have Alice return again. If that's the way it's gonna be, then so be it. I like his music at least.

Edited by manbeast

I already made a thread for the Walking Dead maze. If you are going to make a post about the walking dead, you should make it in that thread.

On topic, I don't think there will be 7 mazes this year. I think John confirmed yesterday that there will be 5 mazes plus HOH.

Edited by Hauntfan

Welcome Alessa! I'm almost 99.99% sure Rosemary's Baby would never be a maze at Universal -- or anywhere for that matter. You said it best, "hard to believe it'd even be considered." haha Just doesn't have any of the qualities Murdy and Co. look for when making a maze.

As you said on the Poltergeist/Exorcist thing, I keep teetering between the two of them as well. But my money's on La Llorona returning. If it comes back in a brand new house, that'd actually be really bad ass -- but I doubt it.

As for Quigley, I'm 75% sure it's Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Might even be Poltergeist (there it is again, that movie!!!). I just know that it MIGHT be Tobe Hooper directed and those are the only 2 viable horror movies worth replicating into a maze.

I'm still trying to piece some of my favorites to the codenames (Scream, Trick 'r Treat, Alien, Evil Dead, The Descent) but no luck :(

----------------------------------------------------------

Anywho, I was doing some digging and found an interesting post from Tmrw:

I feel like I can finally add my thoughts/speculations to what may/may not come next year

remember this is only wishful thinking, however, if it comes to it that next year its official. remember I called it first

Mazes: 7 (thats right..7)

Dracula: Legacy in Blood (HoH)

Hostel: Elite Rising ( Shrek Que ) (DO NOT THINK OF IT AS SAW:Game who gives a shit, New EVERYTHING.)

The Exorcist or Poltergeist (A liddo birdie told me we officially KNOW where the rights are) (T-2 Que)

Halloween - Return To Haddonfield (WWW)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Flesh Wounds (Mummy Extended)

Alice Cooper: Living Nightmare (JP Que)

Zombieville: The Dead Rising (Spartacus Square/Terror Tram option)

Terror Tram: ( No Theme just yet) : Location. Bates Motel, Whoville, Wisteria Lane, 6 Points, ending Kong.

Out of everything I've heard going around, all the rumors, all the facts, all the shit I CAN AND CANNOT say

theres something I know for a fact........but that shall have to wait.

---------------------------------------------

Is it just me or does it seem like Tmrw was/is on the right track? Trade Zombieville for Walking Dead (unless it IS Zombieville, haha), switch some of the locations around, replace Silent Hill with Hostel, and looking at the early spec for TCM, Exorcist and Poltergeist -- he might've practically given us the whole event back in November!!!

The force is strong with this one. However this was only Speculation/Wishful Thinking.

As of now, the answers seem clear to us all, but give it time, maybe the connections are true, from a certain point of view.

Edited by Tmrw

So no chance of an Evil Dead maze coming this year huh? The remake release is set for April of 2013. Does it make more sense to promote it 6 months before the release or after 6 months after? In other words, Halloween 2012 or 2013 for Universal? I'd definitely crap my pants if there was an Evil Dead maze. I'm sure the idea has been brought up before, but damnit I had to bring it up again.

Same goes for the new TCM.

John Murdy's Twitter: "The code name for Walking Dead was "Classic Cowboy" The hints were 1) An NFL team that's never won a Super Bowl?...... That team is The ATLANTA Falcons. Atlanta is that main setting of Walking Dead. 2) A "Classic Cowboy"? The "Classic Cowboy" is Shane, a famous western and lead character on Walking Dead. Last hint was....a hit song from 1987? The song is "It's the end of the World as We Know It (and I feel fine) by REM. End of the world, zombie apocalypse...get it?" I would like to congratulate @DireBrian for being the winner. Is he / are you on the forums?

Edited by JGmoney1996